or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › ACER K330 LED 1280x800
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER K330 LED 1280x800 - Page 3

post #61 of 933
9999HKD is like 1280USD!?!?! That is expensive! What makes you all think it will be around $750 in the States?
BTW is kipped Qumi and this one looks liek will be my next pj (i was one of the very first ones to buy the LG HS201, so i hope this will be a considerable upgrade)
post #62 of 933
Geez, the Lg HW300T just jumped out of nowhere and seems to be in stock in a few places already.

I'm sure it's a good pj but I think I'll need the extra lumens to go 100+ inches more comfortably. So the waiting continues! Argh!
post #63 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine0 View Post
Geez, the Lg HW300T just jumped out of nowhere and seems to be in stock in a few places already.

I'm sure it's a good pj but I think I'll need the extra lumens to go 100+ inches more comfortably. So the waiting continues! Argh!
Do you mean US availability of LG HW300T? Or abroad?
post #64 of 933
Not sure abt the US, but I see it's in stock in a couple of sites in Europe. The one in the uk is selling it at £650.
post #65 of 933
1070usd- what is vat tho.
post #66 of 933
VAT :Value Added Tax; I believe in the EU it comes to about 20% of total amount of purchase.
My understanding is that it only applies to EU residents and foreigners making purchases inside the EU proper AND who are planning on keeping item within the EU; In other words, if an American citizen purchases something in the EU which is to be shipped to the USA immediately, he/she does not have to pay such tax and that 20% amount should be taken off the total amount of purchase.
No VAT added to our american purchases.
post #67 of 933
Any release date on this yet?
post #68 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

Any release date on this yet?

Official PR said end of august and they are bragging about being the "First 500 Lumens projector to be released on the market"

I think it's available in china or something though atm so maybe it's paper release atm and the real release date worldwide is in september?

Either way it seems that this is the 500Lumens projector to get because it got better performance than the viewsonic and Optoma equivalents unless acer decide to charge more for it

I was interested in the Qumi but it's pretty low on the lumens side (about 100~ only not 300 as marketed) the acer can reach near REAL 380~ lumens (that's 4~ times more brightness than the qumi, which will help a LOT if you plan to go with +100inch screen)

Plus the Qumi got this whole focus issue etc

As i said ACER K330 is the one to get unless it had issues like qumi focus faults and so, around 1 week after release plenty of people will write reviews here and people can make a decision on what to get

And people should not compare china/europe prices to the USA, USA get cheaper prices due the weak currency and lack of insane taxes like other places, prices will be (650$-700$ official PR MSRP prices)
post #69 of 933
Hi..
I just have a question! what type of LED does this projector use?

post #70 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by seph22 View Post


Official PR said end of august and they are bragging about being the "First 500 Lumens projector to be released on the market"

I think it's available in china or something though atm so maybe it's paper release atm and the real release date worldwide is in september?

Either way it seems that this is the 500Lumens projector to get because it got better performance than the viewsonic and Optoma equivalents unless acer decide to charge more for it

I was interested in the Qumi but it's pretty low on the lumens side (about 100~ only not 300 as marketed) the acer can reach near REAL 380~ lumens (that's 4~ times more brightness than the qumi, which will help a LOT if you plan to go with +100inch screen)

Plus the Qumi got this whole focus issue etc

As i said ACER K330 is the one to get unless it had issues like qumi focus faults and so, around 1 week after release plenty of people will write reviews here and people can make a decision on what to get

And people should not compare china/europe prices to the USA, USA get cheaper prices due the weak currency and lack of insane taxes like other places, prices will be (650$-700$ official PR MSRP prices)

Until yesterday, I had the Optoma ML500 on my list until the acer performed better as a HT projector. But who knows, they all probably perform the same way. I'll probably buy the first one available
post #71 of 933
Seems like B and H sold few optoma ML500? (669$) it says new arrival instead of the previous "coming soon"
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-ML500-P...4193382&sr=8-1

Looks like these projectors are getting shipped slow now
post #72 of 933
They told me that they just sold out of them
post #73 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddisynTos View Post

Hi..
I just have a question! what type of LED does this projector use?


Luminus PT-54
post #74 of 933
$1,399.00 on amazon.........
Quote:


Usually ships within 1 - 3 months.

to funny
post #75 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

$1,399.00 on amazon.........
to funny

It's available on Adoroma atm for 650$

http://www.adorama.com/OUML500.html?...m_source=gbase

and here for 639$
http://www.focusedtechnology.com/opt...projector.html

B and H getting new shipment next week

Too much for first 500lumens acer
post #76 of 933
not being able to do 720p 3d is a deal breaker for me.
post #77 of 933
o-0 thats the optoma-optomas parent is making them so i guess the get theirs off the line first
post #78 of 933
Thread Starter 
post #79 of 933
As we know the Acer is on sale in mainland China as we speak. And I just got word from a staff in Broadway Hong Kong, a big bricks and mortar electronics chain in Hong Kong, that they might hv it mid Sept but definitely by the end of Sept.

Not sure how that equates to the US and the European market. Maybe somebody knows? But I hope the online stores will hv it earlier!
post #80 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

not being able to do 720p 3d is a deal breaker for me.

Is that for the Optoma, or all three clones?
post #81 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri View Post

Is that for the Optoma, or all three clones?

acer and optoma only 1024x768
post #82 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri View Post


Is that for the Optoma, or all three clones?

I'm thinking because they are all built the same, that they will not do 720p 3D
post #83 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

I'm thinking because they are all built the same, that they will not do 720p 3D

yea - they are all probably identical in every aspect except menus and the tops where the buttons have been changed to look like others in the line(acers look like p models here is a pic) havent seen the viewsonic specs yet is all.
LL
post #84 of 933
The Optoma ML500 shows in stock now at provantage. I was about to pull the trigger when I noticed that it does NOT have an audio output. This is a deal-breaker for me, as I need the option to feed audio from media files and HDMI source to better external speakers.

The Viewsonic also does NOT have audio output connector.

However, the Acer K330 does, so is of great interest to me. I have owned other Acer products and found them to be reliable and support is reasonable. The translated Chinese test data cited above looks decent to me for a portable/compact projector. The center-to-edge light dropoff appears to be about 30% (others feel free to correct me if I am wrong)...many zoom lenses for cameras costing this much have that much vignetting in many spots of the zoom and aperture range. I am not sure that the others will be any better (?). In any case, I will wait for widespread availability and some reviews for the USA model.
post #85 of 933
check again 34 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFvfT-GYJQ4

best bet is they will all have a mini plug audio out
post #86 of 933
Sorry, I meant to say that the data above appears to be about 44% light drop off.
post #87 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

check again 34 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFvfT-GYJQ4

best bet is they will all have a mini plug audio out

No, not according to the Optoma data sheet and manual (and the cited video), nor according to the ViewSonic data sheet.
post #88 of 933
missed the "in"part
post #89 of 933
post #90 of 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dwag View Post

The Optoma ML500 shows in stock now at provantage. I was about to pull the trigger when I noticed that it does NOT have an audio output. This is a deal-breaker for me, as I need the option to feed audio from media files and HDMI source to better external speakers.

Nicely spotted.


Does anyone know what the Acer manual means by "zoom lens?" None of these models have optical zoom, do they?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › ACER K330 LED 1280x800