or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another DownUnder theatre - Page 5

post #121 of 497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling2004 View Post

Looking great Peter....
That is one helluva room. Even if you painted it black it would still look huge
Predicting much work in there over the next week or so?
Hopefully they keep up the cracking pace. Bet you're glad you don't need to hang all that drywall!

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

I'm still having 'what the hell have I done' moments !

Gyprock was supposed to start Monday but nothing so far. It's all in there ... took six blokes all day Friday. If they're not there tomorrow will give the builder a rev up ! Or maybe get cracking myself !!!

The first coat to the outside is pretty much finished so it looks much more like a proper house !

Once all the gyprock is done, the cabinet maker will be in to measure up kitchen, bathrooms etc for a start early in the new year. One of the builders lead chippies and a couple of apprentices will also be starting on the theatre fitout straight after the new year. Apparently they want to save holidays, and will get cracking on the 3rd of Jan, so I'm thrilled that the holidays won't completely kill progress.

Cheers,
post #122 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post

I'm still having 'what the hell have I done' moments !

What an awesome amount of room

It is HUGE! looks even bigger now with the insulation in.
post #123 of 497
Quote:


Wires were always every where

What do you think holds 'em together?
post #124 of 497
Thread Starter 
Look what's just arrived !!!

post #125 of 497
Thread Starter 
I thought some may be interested in resilient clips Aussie style ...



post #126 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post

Look what's just arrived !!!


Purdy!

Nice dry loading dock.....cant be in Sydney!
post #127 of 497
Thread Starter 
I don't actually know where the photo was taken ... but they've definitely been delivered to my dealer !!!
post #128 of 497
Ok, now the competition is to see how long you can leave them in their boxes. I still have Emotiva gear in boxes from 18 months ago. Likewise, the two Danley kits are still in their boxes.... Just waiting for the day that I can put them together. That may be a fun group day.
post #129 of 497
Those speakers look nice.

I am DIY type of guy but those fronts and surrounds look nice. PLUS a pair of those P15's regardless would be fun in your room. Awesome.
post #130 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post

I don't actually know where the photo was taken ... but they've definitely been delivered to my dealer !!!

Len Wallis Audio in Lane Cove. Fresh from Sweden
post #131 of 497
Sorry for being lazy......but how big is your room again?
post #132 of 497
Thread Starter 
Acoustic shell is 9.6m x 6.4m x 3.5m
post #133 of 497
Wow thats huge. That is my dream theater size in the far far future. Just would have stadium seating is the only difference.
post #134 of 497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post

Wow thats huge.

I still have 'what the !@#$ have I done' moments whenever I walk into it !

Double gyprock and green glue will be finished on Monday.
post #135 of 497
Awesome to hear. Wish I could help but I will just send you praise from here. LOL
post #136 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post

Awesome to hear. Wish I could help but I will just send you praise from here. LOL

Yes Peter, you nearly broke my heart when you told me that I wasn't going to be able to help you hang drywall in your room. Now that I have seen the actual size of it, I am extremely thankful.... Did they make a start on the drywalling yet?
post #137 of 497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling2004 View Post

Yes Peter, you nearly broke my heart when you told me that I wasn't going to be able to help you hang drywall in your room. Now that I have seen the actual size of it, I am extremely thankful.... Did they make a start on the drywalling yet?

First layer finished ... second layer tomorrow.
post #138 of 497
Exciting days. Looking forward to lots more photos Peter. Going to be beautiful. And if you need somewhere to 'board' those Procellas, I am most happy to oblige!
post #139 of 497
Peter - I really like your carpet choice - are you able to provide details of the style and manufacturer?
post #140 of 497
Thread Starter 
We found it at a local dealer and I didn't know where it came from until just now as I've googled from the label on the back and come up with this ...

Signature Floors

Our colour is "Lizard 590".

Cheers,
post #141 of 497
Thanks Peter - they have a couple of options that I am interested in.
post #142 of 497
Thread Starter 
Gyprock finished ...



post #143 of 497
WOW!!

Very nice room. I am jealous.
post #144 of 497
Coming along nicely. I'm keen to see these window plugs.

Are you making the fabric frames yourself or is the builder?

....actually, how much of the fit-out do you need to do yourself?
post #145 of 497
Hey there Peter,

Looking great...but like I said, that room is looking pokey! Oh for an extra metre or two! LOL
So jealous of that space. This is going to be a very special build. Do you have any drawings of the ceiling design that Dennis has come up with?
BTW, I sent you a PM. Lost your phone number. Would be nice to catch up for a beer at some stage over the break.
post #146 of 497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elill View Post

Coming along nicely. I'm keen to see these window plugs.

Are you making the fabric frames yourself or is the builder?

....actually, how much of the fit-out do you need to do yourself?

The lead carpenter is really getting into the whole theatre fitout thing ... he's obviously never done one like this before and I think he's enjoying the change from the standard stuff they do over and over ...

At the moment the only parts I'm doing myself are the wall panels and the column covers.
post #147 of 497
Glad to see your progress, I still don't have a thread yet on my build but my progress is pretty similar. I have most of my drywall done, and my Procella shipment should be in in the next few weeks.
post #148 of 497
Well, I called in to see Peters new place and was lucky enough to meet his family. Was a flying visit but all I can say is WOW. This is going to be a gorgeous house with a home theatre that will be nothing short of amazing. Walking into the theatre room, it felt more like a grand ballroom. You could fit a swimming pool in there! In fact, with 12 foot ceilings, you could fit two! unbelievable space and the quality of the work performed by the builder is amazing. I cannot wait to see how this turns out. Thanks for showing me through your place Peter. I am, most assuredly, bloody impressed!
post #149 of 497
I am sitting in my living room, looking around imagining it as a dedicated room....its the same size.....but we've got a massive open plan kitchen, and stairwell in here as well.

Its going to be Epic!
post #150 of 497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling2004 View Post

Well, I called in to see Peters new place and was lucky enough to meet his family. Was a flying visit but all I can say is WOW. This is going to be a gorgeous house with a home theatre that will be nothing short of amazing. Walking into the theatre room, it felt more like a grand ballroom. You could fit a swimming pool in there! In fact, with 12 foot ceilings, you could fit two! unbelievable space and the quality of the work performed by the builder is amazing. I cannot wait to see how this turns out. Thanks for showing me through your place Peter. I am, most assuredly, bloody impressed!

Hi Greg,

It was a real pleasure to show you around ... hopefully next time it'll be finished and more kid friendly !

And at least now my family know who the 'bloke from Berowra' is !

My mate Kevin, who arrived as you were leaving, suggested glass panels in the garage to leave the sparky's nice wiring job exposed !!

Cheers,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home