or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Current players with Dual HDMI?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Current players with Dual HDMI?

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 
Oppo 93/95
Pana 310
are there any others ?

Thanks
post #2 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_0673 View Post

Oppo 93/95
Pana 310
are there any others ?

Thanks

Samsung BD-D6700 and BD-D7900 have dual HDMI outs as well
post #3 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_prabhu View Post

Samsung BD-D6700 and BD-D7900 have dual HDMI outs as well

thanks, I will give them a look
post #4 of 39
Two HDMI that send video and audio for both HDMI output at same time.

One of the output i'll connect direct to my 3D TV 60PX950.
The other i'll connect to a HDMI splitter that will connect to my v1.3 receiver (TX-SR707) and to other ordinary TV that has 4 years old.

I know if a buy a regular blu ray player and use a splitter, the HDMI will recognize the lowest video that can be displayed. And will not have a 3D image.

Can this players with two HDMI output send different video and audio signals through each output?
post #5 of 39
The whole purpose of dual outputs on 3D players is to solve that very problem. However, I don't understand what you're doing with the splitter (one side goes to your receiver but the other goes where???).
post #6 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

The whole purpose of dual outputs on 3D players is to solve that very problem. However, I don't understand what you're doing with the splitter (one side goes to your receiver but the other goes where???).

The other goes to other TV that i have in another room.
(I want to listen and view blu ray music in many rooms, but i don't want to loose my 3d. and every time i want to watch a 3d movie i should not have to disconnect anything.)
post #7 of 39
In that case I don't know if it will work for you or not. I've never had much luck with splitters.
post #8 of 39
The upcoming Onkyo BD-SP809 has dual HDMI.
post #9 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaolyra View Post

Two HDMI that send video and audio for both HDMI output at same time.

One of the output i'll connect direct to my 3D TV 60PX950.
The other i'll connect to a HDMI splitter that will connect to my v1.3 receiver (TX-SR707) and to other ordinary TV that has 4 years old.

I know if a buy a regular blu ray player and use a splitter, the HDMI will recognize the lowest video that can be displayed. And will not have a 3D image.

Can this players with two HDMI output send different video and audio signals through each output?


Panasonic sends video out one of the ports. The other is meant to be plugged into an AVR for sound only.

If you absolutely have to have a BD player plug into an ordinary TV, you'd be better off just buying 2 players. You don't want to have an extremely long HDMI cable.
post #10 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

Panasonic sends video out one of the ports. The other is meant to be plugged into an AVR for sound only.

If you absolutely have to have a BD player plug into an ordinary TV, you'd be better off just buying 2 players. You don't want to have an extremely long HDMI cable.

What about Samsung and OPPO?
post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaolyra View Post

What about Samsung and OPPO?

The OPPOs send audio and video to both HDMI outputs. There is an option to turn off audio on HDMI1.

-Bill
post #12 of 39
On the Panasonic you can turn video off for hdmi2 but it can have video on its output.
post #13 of 39
I've been looking around for awhile for a blu-ray player with two HDMI outs because I have an older AVR (onkyo 806) that won't pass though 3d video. I saw that the Panasonic 310 does this but the only difference looks to be the two hdmi outs compared to the 210, so i don't see a whole lot of value there. Would a HDMI splitter be able to do this?? I'm also open to another blu-ray player that has two hdmi outs that would be better then the 310 for under $250? I would get the Oppo-93 but the wife would kill me if i spent $500 on a blu-ray player.
post #14 of 39
Don't tell the wife what you spent on the OPPO 93.
post #15 of 39
Any 2012 models out yet?

If so the 2011 models should start dropping in price...

I have an older 1.3 AVR so for 3D BluRay movies I have to use a switcher and send optical on my ps3 to AVR and HDMI to projector but with optical I cannot get HD sound so I will just buy a BluRay player with 2 HDMI outs to get the HD audio codecs.
post #16 of 39
Not yet. Probably in April; June or July for the high end ones.
post #17 of 39
Any new simultaneous output 3d players announced yet? Looking at buying one but would rather buy a new (this year's model) one if they are available.

I like my Denon (2807) receiver but starting to wonder if I should invest in a new receiver rather than a new 3d player that'll do simultaneous out.
post #18 of 39
I'm looking for a dual HDMI output blu-ray player past or present. I know of a few but I'd like to see if there is any I missed. I want to keep the cost down so as not to p-off the girlfriend...under $200.
The one we have is an older sony (can't remember the model, as I'm writing this from work) and works just fine but I want to clean up the clutter and get rid of a video switcher.
The way my system is set up is I have component cables output from the Verizon receiver and Sony blu-ray player into the switcher and being fed on to the projector. The HDMI outputs from the receiver and player are going to the inputs of the Samsung flat panel.
The reason I want a dual ouput player is to get rid of the switcher and use the existing component cable run to the projector for the output from the Verizon receiver and run an HDMI cable from the blu-ray player to the projector and do all of the source switching from the projector.
post #19 of 39
Under 200... Best be is to find a Panny 310...
post #20 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd371 View Post

I'm looking for a dual HDMI output blu-ray player past or present. I know of a few but I'd like to see if there is any I missed. I want to keep the cost down so as not to p-off the girlfriend...under $200.

The one we have is an older sony (can't remember the model, as I'm writing this from work) and works just fine but I want to clean up the clutter and get rid of a video switcher.

The way my system is set up is I have component cables output from the Verizon receiver and Sony blu-ray player into the switcher and being fed on to the projector. The HDMI outputs from the receiver and player are going to the inputs of the Samsung flat panel.

The reason I want a dual ouput player is to get rid of the switcher and use the existing component cable run to the projector for the output from the Verizon receiver and run an HDMI cable from the blu-ray player to the projector and do all of the source switching from the projector.

Having been married for 42 years I can recommend that she stay your girlfriend if you want to be married happily ever after!
post #21 of 39

What is an inexpensive dual HDMI output Blu-ray player?

What is an inexpensive dual HDMI output Blu-ray player? I want to use 3D with my old receiver. Will dual HDMI output do that for me?
post #22 of 39
Hi mpgxsvcd, just picked up Sony BDP-S790 this morning at BB (Magnolia store) for $200 + tx . Amazon still has it for $198 at this time.
post #23 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

What is an inexpensive dual HDMI output Blu-ray player? I want to use 3D with my old receiver. Will dual HDMI output do that for me?

Panasonic DMP-BDT320 is probably the least expensive Blu-ray player with dual HDMI outputs.
post #24 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

Panasonic DMP-BDT320 is probably the least expensive Blu-ray player with dual HDMI outputs.

Hi Ron Jones, are you sure? I thought the DMP-BDT320 is a single HDMI output.
post #25 of 39
Correct. The 320 is single, the older 310 is dual. The new 500 is dual, as is the sony 790 of course.
post #26 of 39
Pioneer BDP-450 may be the candidate.
post #27 of 39
The Sony one looks good. Is it a decent player?
post #28 of 39
The Sony BDP-790 is good gear at decent pricing. It even has 4K upscaling though I'm not sure if that feature is on anyone's priority list. Definitely has dual hdmi out to help out those with non-3D receivers.
post #29 of 39
Hie there. Does anyone out there know any movies with particular scenes that could be used to audition a home theatre system before buying ? I personally favour the opening high-speed car chase scene in the James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace. On a decent set up the cars and guns sound amazing and the atmosphere makes you feel like a part of the on-sreen proceedings. Testing a system with music or movies that you know well helps in preventing disappointment when you get home and the system doesnt sound half as good as it did in the shop. I know a lot of it also has to do with the settings and set-up you eventually have at your place, but we should be careful enough not to fall for trickery of specially prepared shop floor video or sound loops.
post #30 of 39
Hi all! Is there a current list now with this years models? I would prefer not to pay for analog outs, but I guess it's gonna be the Oppo 103 if not...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Current players with Dual HDMI?