or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Current players with Dual HDMI?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Current players with Dual HDMI? - Page 2

post #31 of 39
Does anyone own one that does not have analog outs?
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetematt View Post

Hi all! Is there a current list now with this years models? I would prefer not to pay for analog outs, but I guess it's gonna be the Oppo 103 if not...
IMO, this is a rather silly request. You're not paying for the analog outs. You're paying for the dual HDMI outs. Only the higher end players have dual HDMI outs (consider the analog outs thrown in with the dual HDMIs). If cost is an issue, check out the Pannys and Sonys with dual HDMI outs (they are less expensive than the Oppo).
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetematt View Post

Does anyone own one that does not have analog outs?

Yes, picked up a Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD that has dual HDMI and no analog outs. It also plays SACD and DVD-A discs. It can be found at Best Buy for $199 in store. It is a pretty good player but does not have many streaming options.
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

IMO, this is a rather silly request. You're not paying for the analog outs. You're paying for the dual HDMI outs. Only the higher end players have dual HDMI outs (consider the analog outs thrown in with the dual HDMIs). If cost is an issue, check out the Pannys and Sonys with dual HDMI outs (they are less expensive than the Oppo).

I don't know that it's that silly of a request. I'd imagine a lot of processing goes into making those analog outs that I wouldn't need. It's good to know Pioneer makes one. Thanks! I will look into it. Do you know if the Pioneer can send audio out bitstream? How is its video quality compared to the Oppo? That's excellent it's less than half the price if its comparable in most other ways other than the analog outs... Appreciate it!
Edited by stpetematt - 6/2/13 at 4:34pm
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetematt View Post

I don't know that it's that silly of a request. I'd imagine a lot of processing goes into making those analog outs that I wouldn't need. It's good to know Pioneer makes one. Thanks! I will look into it. Do you know if the Pioneer can send audio out bitstream? How is its video quality compared to the Oppo? That's excellent it's less than half the price if its comparable in most other ways other than the analog outs... Appreciate it!

Yes it can send bitstream. The video is great with Qdeo processing and I can play my high res FLAC files directly from a drive. I took a chance on this player and so far it is a winner for me.
post #36 of 39
Is it going to give me more headroom and possibly cleaner audio/video if I split the signal and let my Pioneer Elite sc-68 handle audio exclusively and my Panasonic vt60 handle video exclusively? Both are capable of 3d, but i heard from a few sources that giving designated hdmi outputs to designated channels gives you a cleaner overall picture and sound quality. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
post #37 of 39
I have never seen a difference between running one vs. two hdmi cables. Running one is much less of a headache.

S~
post #38 of 39
The ONLY need for dual HDMI outs is to run one to your 3D display and a second to an AVR that is not 3D capable. You don't get better PQ or AQ by running separate HDMIs.
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevtrbo View Post

Is it going to give me more headroom and possibly cleaner audio/video if I split the signal and let my Pioneer Elite sc-68 handle audio exclusively and my Panasonic vt60 handle video exclusively? Both are capable of 3d, but i heard from a few sources that giving designated hdmi outputs to designated channels gives you a cleaner overall picture and sound quality. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

 

In a word, no.

 

Google TMDS on HDMI.  You need to understand how the signal is sent over HDMI.

 

Simplistically TMDS, Transition Minimized Differential Signaling, sends three different interleaved data packets (video, audio and auxiliary data for control) separated by blanking intervals over HDMI.  These exact same data packets are present on both of the HDMI runs coming from your BD player; both cables originate from the same transmitter in the BD player.  When you "split the signal" your receiver or display is still receiving the same data packets but the control data has given instructions to ignore that part of the signal that is not necessary.

 

I believe that two HDMI's was first done by Pioneer with the BDP-09 with a marketing spin that it would be better because of signal splitting.  I've never seen any scientific proof for this.  The primary advantage of two HDMI's was to not make an older AV receiver that was not able to support 3D obsolete.  You could feed the audio via HDMI to the older receiver and still take advantage of a 3D display with a second HDMI output.

 

There will be people that will continue to believe that two is better than one and that maybe true when you're wanting to support a legacy device, but not for improved audio or video.  Again I would urge you to read up on how HDMI signals are sent and it will become very clear there is no advantage for "a cleaner overall picture and sound quality" experience.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Current players with Dual HDMI?