or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports › Rega DAC or Cambridge DacMagic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rega DAC or Cambridge DacMagic - Page 4

post #91 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

I can't find what you are talking about, what thread? Geddes on distortion measurements?

It's just a reply to something AJ mentioned.
post #92 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

Do I see a bottle of lotion on the coffee table?

No, that's your (audiophile) senses betraying you again. Visually this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

Anyway, after I get speakers, I will be looking for a better way to manage media, i.e. PC into sound card or DAC.

Notebook>preDAC worked fine for me. As does a USB HD linked to my BD player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

But first things first.
What say you to an in home demo on a fellow enthusist's minimalist system, AJ?

My in home demo's are all 100% free.
The speakers will set you back a g though.

cheers,

AJ
post #93 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post

Yes, I know what a straw man argument is.

But I still don't know what argument made by objectivists you think I restated in an unfair manner (i.e., made into a straw man) so I could knock it down.

Sorry to notice.


Quote:


IMO there are some attributes of the typical DBT's that do not mirror the conditions under which we normally listen. One different condition is that it is a test. By definition that creates a different condition. A second is that DBT's in the audio field typically do not involve long term exposure to the product or products being evaluated.

I was asking you where your opinion was coming from and now it's clear that you based your opinion on your opinion.

Quote:


There are other potential issues as well.

Like what? Before you answer, will it be based on facts?

Quote:


Look, I'm not saying they are not useful, although some are clearly conducted better than others. I'm just saying they're not perfect. IMO, they are informative, but not conclusive -- especially when one considers that enjoyment of music is a primary goal.

I would like see some facts if you are basing your opinion on them. If not, have a good day.
post #94 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post

Can you clarify exactly what you're asking?

Sure. What do you think about the concept of achieving hi-fi?
post #95 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by diomania View Post

I was asking you where your opinion was coming from and now it's clear that you based your opinion on your opinion.

You still don't know what a "straw man" argument is. Here's an example of a straw man argument that a subjectivist would make:

"Skeptics or objectivists say every piece of audio equipment sounds the same, and that's completely wrong, because we know speakers sound different."

Quote:
Originally Posted by diomania View Post

Like what? Before you answer, will it be based on facts?

I would like see some facts if you are basing your opinion on them. If not, have a good day.

I gave you some facts, but you are not interested in having an exchange of ideas. You just want to have an argument. You have a good day also.
post #96 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by diomania View Post

Sure. What do you think about the concept of achieving hi-fi?

I asked you politely to explain what you were asking, as I have no idea what you mean by "the concept of achieving hi-fi." You merely repeat the same question, which is as rude as the previous reference to Google by another poster on this thread. Accordingly, see my immediately preceding post about you just wanting to have an argument.

I'm off to do something productive.
post #97 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post

I gave you some facts,

Examples you gave were your opinion ("IMO...").

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post

, as I have no idea what you mean by "the concept of achieving hi-fi." You merely repeat the same question, which is as rude as the previous reference to Google by another poster on this thread.

My question was very simple. It's hard to get simpler than that. If you are not sure what hi-fi is, you could have Googled it. It seem that you are not motivated about discussing audio subject. Bye.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports › Rega DAC or Cambridge DacMagic