or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › VT30 calibration by Gregg Loewen
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VT30 calibration by Gregg Loewen

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Calibration by Gregg Loewen

Well, just had my VT30 calibrated by Gregg. I have to admit I was one of those who wanted to see if the VT30 would give the reference Kuro a run for it's money. Placed my order three months ago and sat back and waited. Then I made the dreaded mistake....I started reading the forums. Fbr, color, can't use built in calibration, firmware change, future firmware change needed..OMG. Did i make a mistake, should i have purchased the sammy. Now don't get me wrong, I read all the forums and have learned a great deal but it seems like we all want the perfect display and if there is the slightest issue, we tend to want to leap off of a tall building. I guess when you spend that kind of money you want the best possible picture. Well I digress, this was my third experience with Gregg. He had previously calibrated my nine year old pioneer Elite 64". So after about two hours and a great time with Gregg explaining each and every step of the process, all I can say is WOW!!!! No fbr issues, blu ray and 3d are out of this world. Do yourself a favor and give Gregg a call. You wont be sorry.
post #2 of 15
Gregg calibrated my 65vt25 last year and he is TOPS. It has been a fantastic display with no problems. Gregg is set to return for a touchup this fall...
post #3 of 15
Hmmm, I find this thread kind of suspicious. The guy only has 2 posts and it is the SAME exact post in two different threads. I'm sure Gregg is good, but I can't help but think this is just advertising. Did Gregg put you up to this? "Say something good about me on AVS?"
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

Hmmm, I find this thread kind of suspicious. The guy only has 2 posts and it is the SAME exact post in two different threads. I'm sure Gregg is good, but I can't help but think this is just advertising. Did Gregg put you up to this? "Say something good about me on AVS?"


There are a lot of "lurkers" who visit AVS without posting or even registering. It sounds like he is happy about his calibrated VT30. Nothing more than that. I think its best to keep the conspiracy theories to one's self... regardless if it looks that way or not.
post #5 of 15
I too am having Gregg do my 55VT30 end of August. In his confirmation email he did say something to the effect that the VT30's calibrate very nicely. He also did a 50" LCD sony about 6 years ago for me and the difference there was huge. Can't wait to see his work on the VT.
post #6 of 15
Oh and Lao Gregg doesn't need any help here. If you are good at what you do that's all that's needed.
post #7 of 15
I don't think Gregg needs any help in getting his name out there.
post #8 of 15
I've never sprung for a pro calibration in my life, and probably never will. I've been participating in various home theater related forums for over 10 years now, including some in which Gregg Loewen is a regular participant.

I've always found his postings to be useful, honest, and informative and have yet to read a negative review of his efforts from any of his customers. He seems to me to be that rare bird, a true enthusiast who makes his living spreading the benefit of his skill and knowledge.

This is the last guy on earth who needs or even would tolerate spam type testimonials from his customers.
post #9 of 15
hi guys!!

Hope everybody is having a great summer. I just got into Beijing to teach a 3 day video class at a local trade show. Very hot and very smoggy. Doing tourist stuff for most of today and setting up the classroom this evening.

D-nice, we need to get together at CEDIA, will you be there ?

Cluckey, thanks for the paid words!! The check for 1 billion dollars must have cleared!!

Gregg
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluckey View Post

Calibration by Gregg Loewen

Well, just had my VT30 calibrated by Gregg. I have to admit I was one of those who wanted to see if the VT30 would give the reference Kuro a run for it's money. Placed my order three months ago and sat back and waited. Then I made the dreaded mistake....I started reading the forums. Fbr, color, can't use built in calibration, firmware change, future firmware change needed..OMG. Did i make a mistake, should i have purchased the sammy. Now don't get me wrong, I read all the forums and have learned a great deal but it seems like we all want the perfect display and if there is the slightest issue, we tend to want to leap off of a tall building. I guess when you spend that kind of money you want the best possible picture. Well I digress, this was my third experience with Gregg. He had previously calibrated my nine year old pioneer Elite 64". So after about two hours and a great time with Gregg explaining each and every step of the process, all I can say is WOW!!!! No fbr issues, blu ray and 3d are out of this world. Do yourself a favor and give Gregg a call. You wont be sorry.

Were you having any of those issues before the calibration?
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

Hmmm, I find this thread kind of suspicious.

As D-Nice said, it's just a very happy owner who doesn't know that the best place to post comments about the results of a professional calibration is in the owner's thread for the display in question.

Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]

There have been a couple of folks suspicious of the thread that I've maintained for several years which you may have read.

Customer Reports About Their Professional Calibrations

As part of my normal compulsive behavior, I'm now going to repost the comments by chuckey and discodol in the V30 owner's thread. Then I'll add links in my thread pointing to the owner's thread post.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Loewen View Post

I just got into Beijing to teach a 3 day video class at a local trade show. Very hot and very smoggy. Doing tourist stuff for most of today and setting up the classroom this evening.

Gregg

Gregg, I like Chinese food even better than sushi. Enjoy yourself.
post #13 of 15
I just want to further echo that Gregg is not exactly in need of promotion here. His reputation speaks for itself.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

Hmmm, I find this thread kind of suspicious. The guy only has 2 posts and it is the SAME exact post in two different threads. I'm sure Gregg is good, but I can't help but think this is just advertising. Did Gregg put you up to this? "Say something good about me on AVS?"

no worries, it's been like this for a long time..

both htwaits (for all) and I (for Pioneer and Panasonic) keep track of Owner's Calibration Reports.. I just wish more owners would take the time to do so and I appreciate the ones that do...
post #15 of 15
Gregg, came to my house in jersey last year, he did such an amazing job! I wasnt to sure how much a calibrated display would change the picture quality but believe me it looks awesome.my display is a samsung pn58b650 he was at my house for several hours explaining every step of the way. I am actually due for a tune up so I will post all results.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › VT30 calibration by Gregg Loewen