Originally Posted by isrararrafi
price in amazon is back upto $2798
I can't believe i got $790 off of this tv
now i just need to buy an entry level receiver and two front speakers (dont need a 5.1), because the sound really does SUCK, at least in our living room which is like 30 ft by 20 ft. Even my mom thinks the sound is bad, and she still doesn't know how to find her contact list in her cell phone, thats how tech savy she is.
I got this TV for $1,500.
It's the deal of a lifetime.
The journey to a brand new $1,500 Sony 55HX820 from Sony.
1. Bought Sony 55NX810 TV from Amazon for $2400 on sale which included a free 3D kit (two pairs of glasses, 3D sync transmitter and movie), free Sony PS3 and three 3D Bluray Movies and four 3D PS3 Game Vouchers.
2. Amazon did a price match lowering cost to $2300.
3. TV power supply broke, Amazon sent exchange with three more 3D Bluray Movies and four 3D PS3 Game Vouchers.
4. Second TV had terrible clouding. So annoyed by the process I called Amazon to initiate a full return. Amazon talked me into getting an exchange and offered $150 off price to keep TV.
5. Amazon exchanged. Sent me the 3rd TV, which came with...yes, three more 3D Bluray Movies and four more PS3 3D Game Vouchers. Since they gave me $150 back on my credit card, my final purchase price is now $2,150. I also now own nine 3D Bluray Movies, twelve 3D PS3 games and a Sony PS3 I don't need or want...what to do...what to do...
6. Sold the free Sony PS3 (I already owned one), the nine 3D Bluray Movies, twelve 3D PS3 Game Vouchers on ebay (craigslist for the PS3) for a total of $650.00. Keep in mind, many of these 3D Bluray movies were Sony exclusives so they went for a good chunk of change on ebay. This now brings my final purchase price to $1,500 for a brand new Sony 55NX810.
Now skip ahead 6 months...
7. Sony 55NX810 breaks and Sony does not have the correct parts. They offer a new 55NX720 which I decline because it's only a 120Hz panel and I'm not an idiot. After fighting with them, they agree to send a new Sony 55HX820 to replace the broken TV.
Voila....a 55HX820 for $1,500.00 To be fair, I didn't exactly plan to get to this place, but damn, Sony kept packaging 3D movies in the new boxes and Amazon said I was welcome to keep so there you have it.
I realize my dealing with Amazon isn't normal. I buy A LOT from Amazon (including thousands of dollars of electronics) and am a Prime member so I get AAA customer service.