or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1) - Page 50

post #1471 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Thanks, we have arrived and have cocktails in hand.

It's a tough life, Jeff Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Keith, I am so disappointed for you that you cannot accomplish your mission this weekend. I hope Audyssey takes care of you expeditiously.

Jeff

Thanks buddy. I will keep the thread posted. Luke and I are in communication.
post #1472 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post

I had no reason to look at the P/S, but now that I have it is 12VAC (14.9VAC unloaded) Plugging in a DC P/S will cause a momentary flash.
The inside connector is 2.0mm & the outside conn is 5.5mm, 500mA & I repeat AC!

Thanks Carl. Hopefully Audyssey will be able to send me a new preamp, with a PSU this time, by expedited mail.
post #1473 of 5250
I think it's lame that Audyssey neither supplies the adapter internationally NOR includes information on what look for - or even that the user will NEED TO - locally.

I would lean toward them supplying the US adapter and a pointer to a site like http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/e...FUXc4AodBi6T3A.

Jeff
post #1474 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

I think it's lame that Audyssey neither supplies the adapter internationally NOR includes information on what look for - or even that the user will NEED TO - locally.

It has been confirmed that Audyssey do normally supply the correct power adapter with the Pro Kit. It was me that suggested to Keith that it might be down to the Distributor to supply the corrent power adapter for the country in which the kit is being sold. The only reason I told him this is because some manufacturers do it that way, rather than include different options with every product, as I have seen that in the past. So it was me that got it wrong, sorry.
post #1475 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

I think it's lame that Audyssey neither supplies the adapter internationally NOR includes information on what look for - or even that the user will NEED TO - locally.

I would lean toward them supplying the US adapter and a pointer to a site like http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/e...FUXc4AodBi6T3A.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf_uk View Post

It has been confirmed that Audyssey do normally supply the correct power adapter with the Pro Kit. It was me that suggested to Keith that it might be down to the Distributor to supply the corrent power adapter for the country in which the kit is being sold. The only reason I told him this is because some manufacturers do it that way, rather than include different options with every product, as I have seen that in the past. So it was me that got it wrong, sorry.

The mistake seems to have been that Audyssey should have included a PSU with the Kits but for some reason they didn't. According to Luke anyway.

@Jeff - Luke did say to me that they have a specific 240v version of the PSU for the European market. I think it was an oversight when they made up the kit, that's all. mjf and I then assumed that it was policy (for the reasons mjf says).

@mjf - no worries mate. Stuff happens. It will all come out right in the end, as soon as Audyssey send me a new preamp and PSU and you a new PSU.
post #1476 of 5250
No need to be sorry at all! It makes perfect sense that the last link in a distribution chain, i.e. the one in the country of sale, would supply any components required to make the purchased item compatible with the local power grid.

Jeff
post #1477 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

No need to be sorry at all! It makes perfect sense that the last link in a distribution chain, i.e. the one in the country of sale, would supply any components required to make the purchased item compatible with the local power grid.

Jeff

Ah, the assumption of competence . As I grow older , it is nice to see such faith in private enterprise.
post #1478 of 5250


My assumption is that they will make it right. Judge me not by my lack of errors, but how I handle them if they do occur.

Jeff
post #1479 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

Ah, the assumption of competence . As I grow older , it is nice to see such faith in private enterprise.

Mencken: "The older I get the more I admire and crave competence, just simple competence, in any field from adultery to zoology.
post #1480 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post


Mencken: "The older I get the more I admire and crave competence, just simple competence, in any field from adultery to zoology.

One can always depend on Mencken for a pithy statement : spot on.
post #1481 of 5250
Keith,

Glad they sorted it out and are sending you a new PSU.

Very interesting that it's not an AC-DC converter, but an AC step-down transformer. Would have never thought...made the same assumption as you Jeff.
post #1482 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

One can always depend on Mencken for a pithy statement : spot on.

+1 agreed
post #1483 of 5250
Bonjour Keith,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

The mistake seems to have been that Audyssey should have included a PSU with the Kits but for some reason they didn't. According to Luke anyway.

@Jeff - Luke did say to me that they have a specific 240v version of the PSU for the European market. I think it was an oversight when they made up the kit, that's all. mjf and I then assumed that it was policy (for the reasons mjf says).

@mjf - no worries mate. Stuff happens. It will all come out right in the end, as soon as Audyssey send me a new preamp and PSU and you a new PSU.

I can confirm that the European Pro kit - bought in Belgium, as at my time of purchase, I got no answer from the official distributor in France -, came along with a 240V PSU.

Bon WE et... courage!

Hugo
post #1484 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo S View Post

Bonjour Keith,



I can confirm that the European Pro kit - bought in Belgium, as at my time of purchase, I got no answer from the official distributor in France -, came along with a 240V PSU.

Bon WE et... courage!

Hugo

Merci bien, Hugo. J'attends un email de Luke Ã* Audyssey. Avec bonne chance, le nouveau PSU arrivera bientôt.

Bon WE Ã* toi aussi.
post #1485 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

AC??? Geez, I just assumed it was DC like nearly every other electronic device.

Jeff

I wonder if Audyssey does their own power supply inside the pre-amp so that they can control (eliminate) any ac hum that might get into the pre-amp from a less than perfect dc module.
post #1486 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Couple of tips:

- After you have taken all the measurements you want to take, and you are ready to click the "Next" arrow to start the calculations, make sure you click on the "Save measurements" button. This preserves the measurements file, and will allow you to re-load the file at a later date in order to tweak crossover selections, run the curve editor, etc. without having to re-do the measurements.

- After saving the measurement file, click Next to run the calculations. This takes quite a while, and may be slower on you older laptop.

- After the calculations have completed, you will be presented with the crossover selection screen. Because there has been so much discussion about the Pro crossover recommendations, I suggest that you jot down the recommendations for each speaker, in the recommended order, before you proceed. It's nice to be able to refer to these notes after the calibration has completed.

- After you have selected the crossovers and clicked Next, Pro will finalize the filters and then allow you to download the filters to the AVR. This step takes a few minutes as well.

- After the filter download has completed, make sure you click on "View Results". This brings up the Pro Certificate in a browser window. Make sure you save the certificate by clicking File, Save As in the browser. You will want to share the certificate with us on this thread, because we are all holding our collective breaths.

Keith, I'm sure the below are obvious, but I would add them to the above beginnings of a pro FAQ .......

- Keep all mic cables well away from the pre-amp adapter and your laptop power supply (best to use the laptop on its internal battery) and any other ac conductors.

- Keep cable to the mic separated from the cable from the pre-amp to the receiver (maybe not a problem, but seems worth doing).

- Mic the MLP only on the first run-through just to see what you are dealing with. Maybe do this once at each seat for the same purpose. Doing this could cause you to re-think your sub location(s). If you have OmniMic or similar you may have already done this.
post #1487 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hclarkx View Post


Keith, I'm sure the below are obvious, but I would add them to the above beginnings of a pro FAQ .......

- Keep all mic cables well away from the pre-amp adapter and your laptop power supply (best to use the laptop on its internal battery) and any other ac conductors.

- Keep cable to the mic separated from the cable from the pre-amp to the receiver (maybe not a problem, but seems worth doing).

- Mic the MLP only on the first run-through just to see what you are dealing with. Maybe do this once at each seat for the same purpose. Doing this could cause you to re-think your sub location(s). If you have OmniMic or similar you may have already done this.

Harrison, regarding your third suggestion, Pro requires a minimum of three measurements before it allows you to run the calculations and check the results. It makes it slightly more cumbersome to run quick tests, if I understand your suggestion correctly.
post #1488 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hclarkx View Post

- Mic the MLP only on the first run-through just to see what you are dealing with. Maybe do this once at each seat for the same purpose. Doing this could cause you to re-think your sub location(s). If you have OmniMic or similar you may have already done this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Harrison, regarding your third suggestion, Pro requires a minimum of three measurements before it allows you to run the calculations and check the results. It makes it slightly more cumbersome to run quick tests, if I understand your suggestion correctly.

The Mic could be left at the MLP for the first 3 measurements to achieve what Harrison is suggesting. Although a little time consuming, it makes sense for those that are able to move their subs around but have no other way to measure what is going on.
post #1489 of 5250
Bonjour keith,

As you seem to be French fluent , some time ago on the French HCFR Forum, we've built a sort of Audyssey Pro modus operandi for a 5508 calibration.

I don't think that there may be much difference with the 5509, so if you wish to take a look...

Bon Dimanche,

Hugo
post #1490 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hclarkx View Post

Keith, I'm sure the below are obvious, but I would add them to the above beginnings of a pro FAQ .......

Harrison, once an Ethernet cable is involved, never assume anything is obvious wrt to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hclarkx View Post

- Keep all mic cables well away from the pre-amp adapter and your laptop power supply (best to use the laptop on its internal battery) and any other ac conductors.

Yes, on my initial setup, before I realised the preamp was FUBAR, I did just that, with a freshly charged laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hclarkx View Post

- Keep cable to the mic separated from the cable from the pre-amp to the receiver (maybe not a problem, but seems worth doing).

Yes, good practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hclarkx View Post

- Mic the MLP only on the first run-through just to see what you are dealing with. Maybe do this once at each seat for the same purpose. Doing this could cause you to re-think your sub location(s). If you have OmniMic or similar you may have already done this.

Nice idea (you'd have to run the first 3 measurements all at MLP because IIRC the minimum number is 3). I've already used my OmniMic to find the best sub locations (out of a very limited set of options). By good fortune in my very small and awkward room two of the possible locations are pretty good. Incidentally, when I say small room, I sometimes think that Americans wonder what I mean - European houses generally being way smaller than you are used to in the States. To put it in perspective, when I owned my house in Florida I had a closet off the master bedroom that was literally bigger than my current HT room! (I no longer have the house, sadly - it was a casualty of the 2001 Divorce Wars).
post #1491 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo S View Post

Bonjour keith,

As you seem to be French fluent , some time ago on the French HCFR Forum, we've built a sort of Audyssey Pro modus operandi for a 5508 calibration.

I don't think that there may be much difference with the 5509, so if you wish to take a look...

Bon Dimanche,

Hugo

Thanks Hugo - just had a look at that thread. It must have been incredibly frustrating for you when the Onkyo decided to switch itself off en plein milieu de la calibration!! Good tip that is.

For the other guys here, Hugo's point is that if your unit is set to go to sleep after xx minutes of inactivity, it will shut down during the calibration. Worth checking your menu settings - especially in the EU where it seems to default to being ON.
post #1492 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post


Yes, I wondered about that too now I have the Pro kit. I may only use it a handful of times here - seems a waste. Having spent a lifetime in advertising, I know how to market the skills - the problem here is that I only know of one other person in the UK who has a Pro-ready unit - and he already has his own kit!

I'd be happy to do a world tour, visiting AVS dudes as I went

Let me know, and I'll put the coffee on, AND ask my lovely wife to bake a cake :-))))
post #1493 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnernorth View Post

Let me know, and I'll put the coffee on, AND ask my lovely wife to bake a cake :-))))

I find it hard to resist a cake baked by a lovely wife!
post #1494 of 5250
Does the new 3.5 update fix the bug that stops one from adding measurements after a run on a different day from the saved file?
post #1495 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

Does the new 3.5 update fix the bug that stops one from adding measurements after a run on a different day from the saved file?

No, it does not. According to my discussions with Audyssey, a fix for this issue is not possible, given the storage restraints placed on Audyssey by the AVR manufacturers. Note that this issue only affects users who are using the two-sub calibration capabilities.
post #1496 of 5250
Need Help


Borrowed a friend audyssey pro kit and can not get it to start with integra 80.3. Integra is updated and running newest audyssey. when I right click on properties for the integra 80.3 in audyssey pro it says hardware serial unknown.

I need to return this unit tonight. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

Peter
post #1497 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post

Need Help


Borrowed a friend audyssey pro kit and can not get it to start with integra 80.3. Integra is updated and running newest audyssey. when I right click on properties for the integra 80.3 in audyssey pro it says hardware serial unknown.

I need to return this unit tonight. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

Peter

Did you buy a licence? You can use your friend's Audyssey Pro kit but the licence is specific to one unit only (presumably his), so you will need to get your friend to log into his Installer account and then buy a licence for your specific machine (it's identified by the MAC number or the unit serial number). This then creates a unique key for your machine which needs to be input into the Pro software before it will work.

IOW, the machine's MAC/serial and the licence key for that machine are tied together.
post #1498 of 5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post

Need Help


Borrowed a friend audyssey pro kit and can not get it to start with integra 80.3. Integra is updated and running newest audyssey. when I right click on properties for the integra 80.3 in audyssey pro it says hardware serial unknown.

I need to return this unit tonight. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

Peter

Another stumbling block would be that only a registered installer can buy a license. Your Pro Kit friend should know this.

Where are you clicking when you right click on properties?

Jeff
post #1499 of 5250
See attached PDF file for known issues list. Issues presented themselves using a Denon 4311. It is not confirmed that all issues affect other brands such as Onkyo and Integra as well.

 

Known Issues.pdf 255.3564453125k . file
post #1500 of 5250
Thread Starter 
^AJ, that is an impressive job with some exc info. I'll await other's comments and then perhaps I could just put a link to your post, which you can edit at will and title "Known SW Issues" or some such. That way you can update it if need be from time to time. Something like this:

For details on known SW issues with Ver x.x see this post.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit Thread (FAQ in post #1)