or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › My New Home Theater 2.0, Staggered Wall HT.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My New Home Theater 2.0, Staggered Wall HT. - Page 5

post #121 of 491
Might as well change the name of the thread to, "The Spandex Theater."
post #122 of 491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

Might as well change the name of the thread to, "The Spandex Theater."
eek.gif LOL....
post #123 of 491
This thread has become... disturbing...
post #124 of 491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted White View Post

This thread has become... disturbing...
Well, it's all Big's fault!!
post #125 of 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

I'm really sorry I posted that link now.
me to Big
post #126 of 491
Thread Starter 
Anyone knows if this is acoustic transparent like GOM? Thinking to use this for the front wall screen surrounding instead of GOM as it's less than 1/2 the price of the GOM.

http://www.joann.com/royalty-3-velvet-many-colors/xprd728568/
post #127 of 491
Will your speakers be behind the velvet or behind an AT screen? If they are all directly behind your screen, I don't think you need to be concerned about the acoustic transparency of the velvet.
post #128 of 491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

Will your speakers be behind the velvet or behind an AT screen? If they are all directly behind your screen, I don't think you need to be concerned about the acoustic transparency of the velvet.
The only thing that's behind the fabric is my in-wall height channel speakers that sit up above the screen.
post #129 of 491
Thread Starter 
Just had the recliners delivered! Bought them from Leathershoppes.com, excellent price and good service. Saved me a good chuck of money when compare to any of those popular theater seat online store! Highly recommended! wink.gif





post #130 of 491
I really like the looks of those. The lights underneath seem cool cool.gif
post #131 of 491
They look like they're taking off... very cool lights.
post #132 of 491
Gary,

I've been MIA from AVS for some time now but came back looking for "inspiration" for my little HT and saw your thread. Beautiful to say the least! The funny part is that you are looking at material I bought a while back to cover the front wall of a previous HT of mine I built when we lived in Central FL. We now live in MD and guess what? I have a small amount of leftover material that you are welcome to have/try/etc. It should be enough to test/try over a speaker, etc. I bought and used it because it is excellent for "absorbing" excess/spill over light from the PJ (when switching from 1:78 vs. 2.40). What do you say, interested?

On a side note, do any of the DC Metro guys know of an electrician that will not charge me an arm and a leg for some electrical work? I've got a couple of quotes already in hand but would certainly entertain one or two more... You guys can always PM me here or shoot me an email at c-c-cx2 AT comcast DOT com (sorry have to do it to avoid the spam robots)! smile.gif

I am subscribed for sure.

Roy
post #133 of 491
Thread Starter 
Those light are really cool, but it'll be use mainly for "show". I don't foresee myself will leave them on when watching a movie. cool.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Cya View Post

Gary,
I've been MIA from AVS for some time now but came back looking for "inspiration" for my little HT and saw your thread. Beautiful to say the least! The funny part is that you are looking at material I bought a while back to cover the front wall of a previous HT of mine I built when we lived in Central FL. We now live in MD and guess what? I have a small amount of leftover material that you are welcome to have/try/etc. It should be enough to test/try over a speaker, etc. I bought and used it because it is excellent for "absorbing" excess/spill over light from the PJ (when switching from 1:78 vs. 2.40). What do you say, interested?
On a side note, do any of the DC Metro guys know of an electrician that will not charge me an arm and a leg for some electrical work? I've got a couple of quotes already in hand but would certainly entertain one or two more... You guys can always PM me here or shoot me an email at c-c-cx2 AT comcast DOT com (sorry have to do it to avoid the spam robots)! smile.gif
I am subscribed for sure.
Roy
Thanks for the offer Roy! However, my wife just bought 1/2 yard of that velvet from Joann's fabric yesterday for me to try. It's a very good, black, thick velvet for use of any light control/absorb. But with me simple light test, it doesn't seem like it will be good for acoustic pass thru. I think I'm sticking with GOM then.
post #134 of 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Just had the recliners delivered! Bought them from Leathershoppes.com, excellent price and good service. Saved me a good chuck of money when compare to any of those popular theater seat online store! Highly recommended! wink.gif



Are those boards on the back wall? If so are they for mounting frames with fabric?
post #135 of 491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyk36 View Post

Are those boards on the back wall? If so are they for mounting frames with fabric?
Yes, those beams at the back wall is for mounting the fabric panels. Normally you don't really need it, as the case of the side walls. Bu we want to mount the panels 2" above the surface to accommodate the diffuser 3.75" deep, and to have a 2" air gap at the bottom for the 2" OC703 as bass trap.
post #136 of 491
Oh Blick ein schnauzer!! We have had 3 schnauzer's, with the most recent just passed away. Great dogs, don't know what we will get next. We have a little miniature poodle/Chihuahua and he needs a friend!!

Theater is looking good, keep it up!
post #137 of 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Yes, those beams at the back wall is for mounting the fabric panels. Normally you don't really need it, as the case of the side walls. Bu we want to mount the panels 2" above the surface to accommodate the diffuser 3.75" deep, and to have a 2" air gap at the bottom for the 2" OC703 as bass trap.

Ok - I kinda got lost. Let me see if I understand. So a 2" height off the surface of the wall to extend/lengthen/enhance whatever the material is that you are going to be putting into the fabric panels (Linacoustic, OC703 3"?)

And then you want a 2" gap between the bottom panel and the riser??? Or are you putting 2" of Oc703 between the bottom panel and the riser?
post #138 of 491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyk36 View Post

Ok - I kinda got lost. Let me see if I understand. So a 2" height off the surface of the wall to extend/lengthen/enhance whatever the material is that you are going to be putting into the fabric panels (Linacoustic, OC703 3"?)
And then you want a 2" gap between the bottom panel and the riser??? Or are you putting 2" of Oc703 between the bottom panel and the riser?
Yes, those beam are use to mount the panels 2" off the wall. So at the bottom, the 2" OC703 will have a 2" air gap between the panel and the wall.
post #139 of 491
Great seats!
post #140 of 491
Thread Starter 
Trying to make Big proud. biggrin.gif

30 done, 30 more to go next weekend. cool.gif





post #141 of 491
Those panels look pretty good, you may put me out of a job.
post #142 of 491
Looking forward to the final results, I might have to steal the panel idea for my own very distance theater.
post #143 of 491
What screen are you going to go with?
post #144 of 491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Those panels look pretty good, you may put me out of a job.
Cos I have a good mentor! wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyk36 View Post

What screen are you going to go with?
Thinking a 2.35:1 136" diagonal Carada screen. But it'll have to depends on how far can we mount the projector. By my calculation, I'll need 14' 6" - 15' throw distance for that size of screen. It will be very close. If not, I'll have to get one size down, 128" instead. My old screen is a 100" 16:9, and I don't want to have anything smaller in 16:9 format than that. A 128" 2.35 screen = 100" in 16:9 format. So that will be the smallest we would go. If not, I guess I'll have to mount the projector on the back wall then. Which I really try to avoid due to maximize brightness and preventing casting shadow when playing games like Wii/Kinect.
post #145 of 491
Thread Starter 
Super thanks to Mike @ AVS for the great service & excellent price!

In case you ask, the Denon will only be powering the back surround & the height channels. The Emotiva will do the heavy lifting for the front three & side surround channels.

post #146 of 491
Congrats on the 4520CI. Planning to buy the same thing! I love the custom amp assign feature.
post #147 of 491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikgrao View Post

Congrats on the 4520CI. Planning to buy the same thing! I love the custom amp assign feature.

I just installed it in the rack along with the custom faceplate yesterday. MA didn't have the dimension of the 4520Ci in their database, but I found the dimension graph from Denon's site for them to cut the faceplate for me. So now, they have it in their database now for those who needs it. wink.gif

post #148 of 491
What model MA is this?
post #149 of 491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikgrao View Post

What model MA is this?
Slim5 5-37.
post #150 of 491
Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › My New Home Theater 2.0, Staggered Wall HT.