or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Homeland on SHO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Homeland on SHO - Page 4

post #91 of 1773
Quote:


I've always felt that shows on premium cable channels such as HBO show graphic violence, nudity, langauge etc moreso because they 'can' versus because it fits into the story...almost like they know they are on HBO so they almost feel an obligation to show lots of T&A etc...it's true that these shows would still be great without all of the NC-17 content

'

'Hung' wouldn't. We need to have Lenore and the other women show us a little T & A!!
post #92 of 1773
There's a difference between this show and other shows... This is about security and such, what does nudity have to do with it... Shows like Hung you EXPECT IT... practically says it in the title... :\\
post #93 of 1773
Federal Agents and war heroes can't get laid?

In any case, I always find it stupid when you see love scenes etc on network/cable tv, but since they can't show anything, instead you get weird camera angles or strategically placed cameras, or strategically placed pieces of clothes or body parts or whatever. That to me is way more obtrusive than actually seeing the nudity. Besides, who doesn't like nudity?
post #94 of 1773
Well to be honest I only checked this show out since it was posted in another thread and then because of the actors/actresses but... If I stopped watching tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it at all regardless of nudity or not.
post #95 of 1773
last thing i saw claire danes was in that SHOP GIRL movie, i think, with steve martin...

now she's a druggie, felony breaking CIA agent? lol...

great role though...
post #96 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldivinag View Post

last thing i saw claire danes was in that SHOP GIRL movie, i think, with steve martin...

now she's a druggie, felony breaking CIA agent? lol... great role though...

More current would be last year's Temple Grandin which earned her an Emmy for best actress.
post #97 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

More current would be last year's Temple Grandin which earned her an Emmy for best actress.

Which was extremely well deserved!
post #98 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruven42 View Post

Loving this show so far. Reminds me of the short-lived "Rubicon".

Same Executive Producer (Henry Bromell). I liked Rubicon, too.
post #99 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

It's a Meh show... kinda sad they randomly throw in nudity to keep you watching.

Kinda sad , or kinda great? Come on, The V queen looks awesome. Nothing wrong with that. I like the show, a lot. And this is just a bonus
post #100 of 1773
Thread Starter 
Extremely well done. Love this show.

It was shocking when her informant got shot. I suspected it coming when she was freaking out at the club. So it was the Prince's top right man? It was indeed a robbery for the necklace?

Oh, her boss seems really broken up regarding the lie she told him. It was nice how he held her hand when she was crying in his office.
post #101 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

So it was the Prince's top right man? It was indeed a robbery for the necklace?
.

The necklace was the intended payment for the terrorist cell, she was the delivery method. It's an open question as to how much the prince knows, but it can't be a coincidence that he gave her a $500K necklace. It's also not likely that his #1 man would be operating without his knowledge.
post #102 of 1773
Thread Starter 
Good deal, you sound right.

The masturbation scene was interesting. He showed to his wife that he knew what was going on. Did not want to touch her after she's been sleeping around. A little graphic though
post #103 of 1773
the terrorist buying the house in the final scene was also scoping out the flight plath of the planes...definitely not a coincidence that he bought that particular house

by far the best episode of the series thus far...now it's not so clear as to whether or not Brody is actually involved or not in the terrorist plot...he could just be a diversion

**I think I recognized the terrorist in the final scene from '24'
post #104 of 1773
Anybody heard how the show is doing, rating wise? I could get into it, if it's gonna stick around. I'm watching, so I'm into it already, just hoping it sticks around. I really like season long arcs, and I'm becoming a big Claire Danes fan.
post #105 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

The masturbation scene was interesting. He showed to his wife that he knew what was going on. Did not want to touch her after she's been sleeping around. A little graphic though

He might suspect, but I don't think he knows anything. My take on that scene was to show the effect that eight years in captivity has on his ability to be intimate. Which will, ultimately, push her away from him, presumably into the arms of his best friend. And which, in turn, will fuel the daughter's angst.
post #106 of 1773
Is it just me, or is Claire Dane's character a wee bit too, um, fragile to be a CIA operative? Of course my frame of reference is Joan Allen in The Bourne Supremacy ...
post #107 of 1773
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

He might suspect, but I don't think he knows anything. My take on that scene was to show the effect that eight years in captivity has on his ability to be intimate. Which will, ultimately, push her away from him, presumably into the arms of his best friend. And which, in turn, will fuel the daughter's angst.

Gotcha. That's a good thought.
post #108 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Is it just me, or is Claire Dane's character a wee bit too, um, fragile to be a CIA operative? Of course my frame of reference is Joan Allen in The Bourne Supremacy ...

I'd think that CIA people are just like anyone else, meaning flawed. There seems to be the suggestion that her psych issues have been covered up by others.
post #109 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

He might suspect, but I don't think he knows anything. My take on that scene was to show the effect that eight years in captivity has on his ability to be intimate. Which will, ultimately, push her away from him, presumably into the arms of his best friend. And which, in turn, will fuel the daughter's angst.

Agreed. That's how I took that scene. It was very disturbing and uncomfortable.

Doug
post #110 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Oh, her boss seems really broken up regarding the lie she told him. It was nice how he held her hand when she was crying in his office.

I didn't think he seemed "broken up." Mandy's character was apparently a mentor to Danes early in her career, but he's all business, as we've seen in numerous scenes.

In that scene, he sat next to her and held her hand to kind of snap her out of her despair, and his next questions brought her back to looking at the issue from a different perspective, so that she'd see that the Prince was not necessarily the guy they should be after.

Doug
post #111 of 1773
I like the Show. I don't think it would work without Claire Danes.
post #112 of 1773
too bad the insider is dead...she looked great in a bikini
post #113 of 1773
She looked pretty good out of that bikini too..
post #114 of 1773
I forgot to mention something odd this week. Last week, we saw Brody facing Mecca and praying in the garage. This week, he's cooking and eating bacon?

Doug

Edit: Duhh, that was a stupid question. It could have been turkey or even vegetarian bacon. I hope I've met my stupidity goal for the week.
post #115 of 1773
That is a good observation.
post #116 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

Edit: Duhh, that was a stupid question. It could have been turkey or even vegetarian bacon. I hope I've met my stupidity goal for the week.

Not so stupid. Aren't Muslims "warriors" taught that to be successful at jihad it's sometimes requires acting like the "infidels?" To blend in by drinking, womanizing, etc.? Work with me here ...
post #117 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

My take on that scene was to show the effect that eight years in captivity has on his ability to be intimate. Which will, ultimately, push her away from him, presumably into the arms of his best friend. And which, in turn, will fuel the daughter's angst.

Wow, you got all that?

All I got was "hmmmm, nice - very, very nice" and "could you pan down please?"
post #118 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Wow, you got all that?

Well, I had to watch it 3 or 4 times ...
post #119 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post


Wow, you got all that?

All I got was "hmmmm, nice - very, very nice" and "could you pan down please?"

I got basically the same thing from watching it. While I don't think he is on to her yet, I do believe he has his suspicions. It's between his captivity and his faith IMO.
post #120 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Wow, you got all that?

All I got was "hmmmm, nice - very, very nice" and "could you pan down please?"

**insert Captain D. Winters joke here**

Wait...even that's a double entendre. lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Homeland on SHO