Hoping to get some advice, insight and recommendation on the Pioneer vsx 50 and 52
The best thing that I would have you do if you have not done so already is to go to the Pioneer Website and Compare the VSX 50 to the VSX 52..
The Link is here..http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...eivers.Compare
To hit a few items..Handheld and Internet:
1) Pandora, Rhapsody and Sirius / Not listed for the VSX 50
2) FLAC 192kHz / VSX 50 has 96kHz.
3) USB Formats: WAV, MP3, WMA, iPod Digital,
JPEG / VSX 50 does not show the iPod Digital.Decoders & Formats:
4) THX™ Certification: Select 2 Plus / VSX 50 is not THX CertifiedSoundfield Calibration
There are no Differences between the VSX 50 and the VSX 52Listening Modes:
5) Optimum Surround / Not listed for the VSX 50 ( I usually Use ALC but it is there if I needed it)
6) Virtual Depth / Not listed for the VSX 50Audio Features:
7) Tone Control: Multi-Channel / VSX 50 is 2 Channel ( I cannot Compare because I do not have a VSX 50)Video Processing:
8) Video Scaler: Marvell Qdeo up to 1080p / 24fps / VSX 50: Anchor Bay up to 1080p (Again I have not seen these side by side.)
I have seen Good Things written about the Marvell Qdeo Video Processing and not just from Pioneer, other receivers also use Marvell Qdeo.
I will say that I did notice an Improvement in my Kuro's display when I connected the Pioneer in Line and I have read this in previous post in this thread.
But again, I do not have the VSX 50 to compare to.
9) Video Parameter Adjustments for the VSX 52: Advanced Video Adjust - HD
Sources Progressive Motion - YNR, CNR, BNR, MNR
, Detail, Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Chroma, Black level
9) Video Parameter Adjustments for the VSX 50: Advanced Video Adjust - SD Sources Progressive Motion - YNR, Detail, Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Chroma, Black levelConnectivity:
10) HDMI Input / Output: VSX 52 has 7 In / 1 Out / VSX 50 has 4 In / 1 Out
11) Composite A/V Input / Output: VSX 52: 4 In / 1 Out / VSX 50: 5 In / 1 Out
12) Analog Audio Inputs / Output: VSX 52: 2 In / VSX 50: 2 In / 1 Out
13) Digital Inputs / Output: VSX 52: 5 In / 1 Out / VSX 50: 3 In / 1 Out
14) Pre-Amp Outputs: 7.1 Channel (9.2 Terminals) / VSX 50: .1 (Sub) You spoke about this, I do not use the Pre-Outs but I guess I have the option in the future.
15) Front A/V Inputs: VSX 52: HDMI / USB / Composite Video / VSX 50: USB / Composite A/VInstallation:
16) Zone 2 Sources: VSX 52: DVD / TV / Sat / DVR / Video / Home Media Gallery / iPod USB
/ CD / Tuner / Adapter Port / Sirius
16) Zone 2 Sources: VSX 50: DVD / TV / Sat / DVR / Video / CD / Tape
/ Tuner / Adapter Port / Sirius
17) Multi-Zone On-Screen Display: VSX 52: Yes / VSX 50: No
Lastly which is actually listed first is Power:
18) Amplifier Design: VSX 52: Advanced Direct Energy / VSX 50: Direct Energy (I am not sure what the Advanced
19) Power Output: Watts per Channel: VSX 52: 110 x 7 (20 Hz - 20 kHz) / VSX 50: 90 x 7 (20 Hz - 20 kHz) (Not a huge difference of 20 Watts)
There is also the Product Sheets:
The correct progression would be to go from the VSX 50 to the VSX 51 and Then the VSX 52, because each Product Sheet shows in BOLD the Differences or Advancements if you will,
from the previous model. So the VSX 51 will show the changes from the VSX 50 and the VSX 52 will show the changes made from the VSX 51.....
Have a look...
The VSX 50:http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep...le%20Sheet.pdf
The VSX 51:http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep...le%20Sheet.pdf
The VSX 52:http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep...le%20Sheet.pdf
Hopefully this will help you and others that are in the same place as you are.
You just need to decide if any of the changes from one model to another is something that you would use and like to have, compared to the increased cost.
It is a Trade Off!
If you were to ask me if the VSX 52 is worth the extra $300.00 from the VSX 50, I would of course say YES!
I have the VSX 53, which is $500.00 more than the VSX 50, because I thought that the VSX 53 was almost twice the receiver of the VSX 50.
The Looks alone are worth $100.00 more, C'mon, the front Pull Down Door! LOL!
Good Luck on your Search..
I am very Happy with my VSX 1020 (Bedroom) and VSX 53 (Living Room) and you just need to be happy on your final decision as well.