Originally Posted by Bud B
1) Exactly WHAT Media are you trying to get to the Pioneer?
2) What Software Program do you use for this Media?
3) After Contacting your MOBO manufacturer and turning on HD Audio:
a) How were you instructed to do this, BIOS?
b) Option to see HDMI Output?
With my HTPC when I right click on the Speaker icon in the task bar, I have an option of:
"Realtek HDMI Output" and under that it states: "ATI HDMI Audio-Ready"
It bothers me that you do not see an option for HD HDMI Audio Output!
Just "Digital Output"
4) When you are playing this "Media" do you see a 5.1 Incoming Signal in the Audio Signal box on the front of the Pioneer?
This is shown on page 9 of the OP Manual, item # 2 over the display at the top of the page and then # 2 below, "Program Format Indicators"
If you are seeing L-C-R SL/SR LFE then your pioneer IS getting the necessary Format Input and you need to re-check the Audio Settings in your HTPC.
If you DO NOT see L-C-R SL/SR LFE then there is a problem with the HTPC not putting out the Surround Format.
Both Scenario's are pointing to your HTPC and ALL of today's receiver's would display the same thing.
Either you can find the correct settings or need to make another call to your MOBO Manufacturer or check the Software that works with your MOBO and it's specific settings.
Thanks for the response Bud B, (I have been busy)
Answer your questions
1) I am trying to play mkv files (Blu-Ray Rips) thru my HTPC. With the help of Assassins Blogs (he is on this forum) I am using WMC (Windows Media Center) and LAV Splitter which helps me bitstream the media to the Receiver.
2) Windows Media Center (WMC) and LAV Splitter (bitstreaming)
3) at first I had no sound on my HTPC, and with searching around the internet and these message boards it turned out that my HDMI-Audio was "disabled" when I entered the BIOS. So I enabled it, and then when I enter the Operating System under playback devices noticed that my HDMI-Audio has shown up. So now all my sound checks out....and everything plays fine. I get Dolby Digital and DTS However I do not see TrueHD and DTS-HD under the Encoded Formats provided. Which I find very odd....
4) So when I try to play a movie that has TrueHD or DTS-HD audio, I get no Audio out of my speakers.....on the display of my Pioneer receiver it is blank in that department. BUT when I play Audio that is not "HD" if its just DolbyDigital or DTS etc....it plays fine. I get great sound, I would say about 80% of my library is fine, but the other 20% is not. The HD-Audio rips.
I have a feeling like its MOBO related as I am using "ONBOARD SOUND & VIDEO" thru the Intel i3 Clarkdale....its not pumping out the signal of "HD" audio to my Receiver....thru the HDMI cable. Every other sound format works fin in my 5.1 Speakers. Very frustrating......
Should I try to re-install drivers? A Computer Store put together my build, and he swears to me that he installed the correct drivers....how would I know if I am missing a certain driver or update to a driver? I don't want to install more stuff that could cause more damage.
Any info greatly appreciated.