Weekend Update : Wow.. what horrible weather. Some people might love it hot and humid in the summer, but on both Saturday and Sunday when I was done with my work my t-shirts were soaked. Comfort non-withstanding, I actually accomplished a lot! I measured out and ran 3 more speaker wire connections outside and spooled them up. This should cover all of the locations I boxed off in that patio render image a page or two back. Since that was just snaking cables, no real write-up there.
The other project I started on will include a detailed write-up. Installing my De-Kor LED lights. I marked up some "Before" pictures, but you might need to click on them to see them full size in order to see the things I drew in Paint. Basically, I wanted the ability to have some Low Voltage LED lighting along the perimeter underside of my deck. The way they built my deck was to do a standard build out, and then case all of the exterior-facing areas with white PVC board. When I started to research ceiling drainage systems for under my deck, one thing that was very common with a lot of the methods of installation was that the ceiling rests below your joists, and unless you can put in gutters on both sides, they are angled to allow water to flow to one side. On my deck, they used PVC board to create archways between each column. The problem that this caused in combination with a drainage-ceiling is that the arches on the side of the deck had no "End Beam", and therefore were a foot higher up than the arches along the end of the deck. This meant that the apex of each arch was about 1.25 inches from the bottom of the joists. Once any ceiling was put in, the ceiling itself would be lower than the apex of the arch. I was told by the installer which I am using that in this case they would just install some additional pressure treated boards along the inside to mount the side rails of the ceiling to. This would mean I'd see ugly wood board against the white arch from the outisde and inside of my deck. Not good. So the LED light project is a two-part project. The first part was to install the 9 LED lights along the cased beam at the end of my deck that exists today (Will show process below) and the sides of my deck will have the trim lowered a foot to match the end this Wednesday, at which point I will install LED lights along the sides in a similar fashion as the ones on the end.
In this first image, you can get a good idea of the side trim. Click on the image to see the area which I boxed in. That piece of arched trim will be removed and placed a foot lower. A 1 foot piece of square trim will be placed above it, and a hollow casement will be created to look like the end beam on the inside. In a way, it will be a light tray.
This next image shows the other side (And short 2 foot angled corner) as well as two sections of the end beam between the column. I marked the locations of where I planned to install some LED lights in this image too. The blue box is the area that will be lowered to match, and the red circles are the LED light locations: