Sorry I skipped a middle step of photos (Will update later)
At this point they have poured the concrete, done the coloring and staining work, and built the main structure of the grill area. Here is a photo coming down from the deck
Here is from one edge looking toward where the hot tub will be. I will address two questions that may come up from this picture
1) Notice the very front face of concrete has a rough finish and not a perfect stain. It is intentionally rough because the concrete will continue from here in the next phase and it will help to bond together.
2) Notice the curving gap open area next to the stairs. If you go look back at the 3D renderings, this will be a flower bed in the final plan.
Here is a picture from the side. (Also where the hot tub will be) looking under the deck toward the grill area.
More picture notes I'll point out
1) If you look along the wall of the house under the window, you will notice the slope of the slab It is to help the water run away from the house. It also is sloped toward where the camera took the picture also. There is some tape still along the edge of the wall which still needs to be cleaned up.
2) Notice the posts under the staircase were left exposed on one side. Again, this will be covered by the flower bed as well as pieces of the cement-board bases that were removed during the concrete pour.
3) You can also see the big trench in the background where the drain line goes to the woods. I took a lot of photos of this in the last step which I will post back into the thread later.
Finally the bar area. The two built in drawers are done, and I have pre-wired some outlets in conduit there. We changed the stone to slate from our original choice, and though the color matches, it is too similar. We will use different stone for all of our other walls/columns when we do the rest of the project. We have a light colored granite (White with Black and Gold and little bit of red ) and that should be cut and put in next week, as well as our grill/burners/fridge installed then.
Granite sample image (My wife saw it today and said it was a little bit different than this)Edited by damelon - 3/26/13 at 4:28pm