Patio Update : Phase 1 is finally over! The concrete company finally came last week, as I mentioned earlier, to finish the drainage. I noticed though that they forgot to connect one of the drain pipes to the main pipe going into the woods, so on Saturday morning I had to dig up the main pipe and a trench and add a junction there. Not easy to do PVC cutting and joining to a very long, already buried pipe! Fortunately, the distance between the main pipe and the drain pipe in question was very short so I didn't have to dig too much. Later that afternoon the granite company showed up and installed the last piece of the counter and caulked all of the places where posts went through the granite. Finally, yesterday I was able to assemble some bar stools and finish up wiring the GFCI circuit to the bar area, primarily for that bartop outlets and the fridge just before our dinner guests came, and I was able to use the grill for the first time! I will take some final pictures as weather permits this week.
Although I mentioned this planned phase is finished, there will be a small additional part to it, which will be adding in ceiling lighting, a finished ceiling other than the under-deck beams, a ceiling fan, and a pair of speakers. Since half of the area under the deck is not weatherproofed, (water can go through) then we need to look into which under deck drainage ceiling solution is best for us. We already have trim along all edges of our deck, and with the concrete already poured, there is not an ideal place for the water to drain out. I'll have to plan it out a bit. We also want the ceiling to look the same across, so even if half is already protected from water, we may put drainage there anyway. Not sure of what the timetable is for that, but I'll be sending out for quotes soon. Most of these systems are DIY, and as I've already found out, a project like that is going to be very hard with the new puppies. I'll probably just hire someone to do it.