or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Panasonic PTAE7000/ AT5000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic PTAE7000/ AT5000 - Page 39

post #1141 of 1396
can it just be calibrated like all projectors are supposed to go through?
post #1142 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Now i need to know what the best glasses to get are?

Assuming you want to stick with Panasonic brand, the TY-EW3E3 model is their latest version. It comes in 3 sizes. More info here: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/3d/3d_eyewear/index.html
post #1143 of 1396
This unit "does" have a motorized lens shift correct?...Please tell me it does! Without that, it's a no go for me.
post #1144 of 1396
yes. motorized AND memory
post #1145 of 1396
Does this projector have isf mode?
post #1146 of 1396
no but the CMS is good enough to have it calibrated properly.
post #1147 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamphear View Post

Assuming you want to stick with Panasonic brand, the TY-EW3E3 model is their latest version. It comes in 3 sizes. More info here: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/3d/3d_eyewear/index.html

thanks man!
post #1148 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone View Post

This unit "does" have a motorized lens shift correct?...Please tell me it does! Without that, it's a no go for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

yes. motorized AND memory

I think David misread your question. No, the panny does not have motorized lens shift. It has motorized zoom and focus, but manual lens shift.
post #1149 of 1396
This line from page 5 of the spec file has me disappointed and reconsidering my setup:

NOTE: Images may slightly distort due to characteristics of the zoom
lens when the zoom lens is set to the minimum throw distance.


https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro...ec/ae7k_sf.pdf
post #1150 of 1396
This is true with any zoom lens
post #1151 of 1396
So they are referring to wide angle distortion as in a mild fish eye lens appearance?
post #1152 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2100 View Post

The image (or more accurately, the object, since the image plane coincides with the movie screen) is shifting relative to the lens by a digital adjustment in the LCD chips. I have been calling it digital lens shift for years, and most people know what I mean.

The image of the chip does not move. The active image vs the black bars on the chip can be moved, the 16 x9 total image coming off the chips and into the lens does not move. The chips do not move. You can move the lens which then moves the total image off the chips in relation to where the total image hits the screen. Despite claims to the contrary, after carefully reading the manual, the lens shift is mechasnical, controled by the joy stick, and can not change by some magic setting. If you want to change the lens position to the chip image, it must be done mechanically and and can not be done remotely. If this is not correct, then he manual is in error.
post #1153 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidwiz View Post

So they are referring to wide angle distortion as in a mild fish eye lens appearance?

only on the outer L and R edges and slight softness in focus.
post #1154 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

only on the outer L and R edges and slight softness in focus.

I've also seen slightly uneven focus at the extreme end of some projector lenses, but this may not be common among all units.
Generally any distortion is very minor and won't affect your viewing. Even the best photographic lenses suffer from the same effect when used at their extremes.
post #1155 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

The image of the chip does not move. The active image vs the black bars on the chip can be moved, the 16 x9 total image coming off the chips and into the lens does not move. The chips do not move. You can move the lens which then moves the total image off the chips in relation to where the total image hits the screen.

Aren't you stating something that is completely obvious to just about everyone? I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Obviously the LCD chips do not move. But the pixels of the LCD chips are digitally shifted up or down relative to the projection lens.
post #1156 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstabb View Post


I think David misread your question. No, the panny does not have motorized lens shift. It has motorized zoom and focus, but manual lens shift.

But don't you need to have motorized lens Shift for zooming 2.35:1?
post #1157 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallanOz View Post

But don't you need to have motorized lens Shift for zooming 2.35:1?

No. The Panasonic uses what I call digital lens shift. It basically shifts all the pixels on the LCD chips digitally up or down relative to the projection lens. I believe the menu option is called "V Area shift" or something like that.
post #1158 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2100 View Post


No. The Panasonic uses what I call digital lens shift. It basically shifts all the pixels on the LCD chips digitally up or down relative to the projection lens. I believe the menu option is called "V Area shift" or something like that.

Oh ok.

Thanks mate.
post #1159 of 1396
Awesome stuff, N8!
post #1160 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2100 View Post

No. The Panasonic uses what I call digital lens shift.

It would be better described as "image shift" since the lens isn't involved. The source image is moved up and down (or left and right) within the projected area. The area of the screen/wall illuminated by the projector does not change. That portion of the source image which ends up outside the projected area is cropped.

On the 3000 and 4000 these settings appears under "lens control" and are called "v-area position" and "h-area position".
post #1161 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallanOz View Post

But don't you need to have motorized lens Shift for zooming 2.35:1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2100 View Post

No. The Panasonic uses what I call digital lens shift. It basically shifts all the pixels on the LCD chips digitally up or down relative to the projection lens. I believe the menu option is called "V Area shift" or something like that.

From my understanding the digital vertical lens shift is very limited. It is only the amount of the gray bars. This means the throw distance range is small for those that want to use the 2.35 function on this projector.
post #1162 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by widerscreen View Post

well i just pulled the trigger on the 7000 from the AV store Do we have a close eta of when they will ship out?

There were a few posts talking about shipping dates and stuff, but they disappeared, so I'm guessing they were against the rules somehow.
post #1163 of 1396
According to the suppliers they are expecting delivery very early Oct but things can always change.
post #1164 of 1396
In the UK it will be end of this week/next
post #1165 of 1396
I'd like to hear if the Panny's 2D to 3D conversion is any good at all. I've read some very positive reports from people who don't like 2D to 3D conversion claim that the Mits 7800's conversion is really good and that they'd use it!
post #1166 of 1396
There is nothing against the rules. Its just not good business to state a shipping date until the projectors are actually in route to the seller. We have ordered but have not yet been shipped. We expect shipment to us soon. That's the best info we have.

The question has been asked, do you need motorized lens shift with a memory to do anamorphic zooming.

The answer is no. Once you set the 16 x 9 image up correctly for your screen using lens shift then you can use motorized memorary zoom and focus to zoom and focus correctly. If part of the active zoomed image is off the screen, you can use the electronic positioning the image on the chip, which has memory recall, to move the active portion of the image to where you want it. So, to use zoom as a way of filling a wide screen, the Panasonic despite not have motorized lens shift and no lens shift memory has every thing needed to do the job.
post #1167 of 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 View Post

From my understanding the digital vertical lens shift is very limited. It is only the amount of the gray bars. This means the throw distance range is small for those that want to use the 2.35 function on this projector.

I would not say "very" limited. It does have limitations. The main limitation is that the projector must be aimed approximately within the dimensions of the screen. So, for example, you cannot ceiling mount the projector several feet above the top of the screen. A motorized lens shift memory would not have that limitation.
post #1168 of 1396
Just wanted to clarify something...I have a Prismasonic anamorphic lens. I place it infront of my projector to horizontally stretch 2:35.1 material to view on an anamorphic screen. Will this method work with the AE7000 for 3D?

thanks!
post #1169 of 1396
no. in 3D mode the projector will not do V-stretch or H-stretch.
post #1170 of 1396
If you add an external processor that can do vertical stretch in 3D, then you will be fine or a bluray player than can do so in 3D.


A processor can only do so much number crunching before it runs out of capacity for the speed needed. Most processing chips used inside a projector can not handle it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Panasonic PTAE7000/ AT5000