or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread - Page 6

post #151 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy1234 View Post

I think a simple yes would have been a bit more kind.

I wasn't completely certain about it myself. I figured pointing you in the right direction was more helpful than not responding at all.
post #152 of 1747
OK, so another quick update on the quest to enable 3D.
I was somewhat concerned that the 3d material I was testing with (ESPN 3D via Foxtel satellite) may have potentially been an issue as the box is HDMI 1.3.

My new Oppo BDP-93 arrived today (yay!) so I bought Tron 3D blu ray.

Unfortuntately, still no luck. I had the Oppo plugged directly to the TV and had to set the Oppo to "force" for 3D playback, otherwise I got an error from the disk saying 3D wasn't supported (even manually enabling 3D on the TV). Force mode successfully played the disk, but still no sync with the glasses.

I've pretty much tried everything I can at this stage. Hopefully once these screens start shipping, someone smarter than me might be able to proceed further.

On the upside, at least I can use the 3D-2D conversion to watch ESPN now - that alone is a bonus with X Games on now
post #153 of 1747
Hello everyone,

I ordered mine when there was 1500 sold. It was shipped on 8/3 and is now at the local sorting facility. I will update with any info when I get it
post #154 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post

OK, so another quick update on the quest to enable 3D.
I was somewhat concerned that the 3d material I was testing with (ESPN 3D via Foxtel satellite) may have potentially been an issue as the box is HDMI 1.3.

My new Oppo BDP-93 arrived today (yay!) so I bought Tron 3D blu ray.

Unfortuntately, still no luck. I had the Oppo plugged directly to the TV and had to set the Oppo to "force" for 3D playback, otherwise I got an error from the disk saying 3D wasn't supported (even manually enabling 3D on the TV). Force mode successfully played the disk, but still no sync with the glasses.

I've pretty much tried everything I can at this stage. Hopefully once these screens start shipping, someone smarter than me might be able to proceed further.

On the upside, at least I can use the 3D-2D conversion to watch ESPN now - that alone is a bonus with X Games on now

There are many things you can do if you are interested in moving forward -

1. Share the screen information when you are in InStart mode, including the initial screen, system1, and system2 values. (screenshots)

2. Back out the THX-enabled settings, they may interfere with initialization of the RF module.

3. Dissassociate your mmr and keep it off.

4. Did you try the country change as I mentioned earlier?

-And don't forget to issue an InStop after making any changes

If you are willing to connect a serial cable you should be able to enable emitter functionality from the debug menus, since they allow you to override most configuration parameters. There are more complicated but doable methods such as examining &/or modifying Release.cfg, the master configuration file. You can also enable and inspect a detailed startup log file.

-nony
post #155 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolkman View Post

What's the difference between W and Y?

W - Version 5 LCD (typically found in the LX9500s, LEX8s, and some LW9500s) - primarily 2010 models

Y - Version 6 LCD (typically found in the LW56/57/6500s, LZ9600, and some LW9500s) - primarily 2011 models.

I can't tell you what the actual differences are, and if they have any visually discernable characteristics.

-nony
post #156 of 1747
Thanks nony.
Do you happen to know the debug commands? I haven't looked into that yet, but I believe it's a linux kernel - or at least a deriviative thereof? Or is it an actual menu.
Unfortunately with the panel wall mounted (and very close to the wall) i'll have to pull it down to connect to serial.

I'll grab screens of the In Start menu and post.

I did try changing the country code to SG and a couple of others, it seemed to auto InStop afterward but had no real effect I could see.
post #157 of 1747
post #158 of 1747
and some from EZ Start

This one's for anyone wondering about the local dimming ;-)
Attachment 219519

Attachment 219520

Attachment 219521
LL
LL
LL
post #159 of 1747
Just a reminder to NOT post any prices besides MSRP.

Thanks
post #160 of 1747
HSN is almost sold out once more. Only five remaining...

AJ
post #161 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybud View Post

Just a reminder to NOT post any prices besides MSRP.

Thanks

I'm not sure anyone actually knows the MSRP. LG's website doesn't mention the model at all and HSN is the only retailer that carries it (currently).
post #162 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post

and some from EZ Start

This one's for anyone wondering about the local dimming ;-)
Attachment 219519

Attachment 219520

Attachment 219521

Good Info. Plz add the other tool options (1,2,3), the Host Diagnostics screen, and obscure your serial number (precautionary measure).

-nony
post #163 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

AFB73130512 - LCD Assembly LCM - 55LW9500-UA - KCCYLJR
Same info for both.

55LW9800 - No Data Found

Please provide the LCM part numbers as requested. The AFB73130512 by itself doesn't tell us anything. Each p/n requires 4 mouse clicks. This is not hard nor is it labor intensive.

There is no way that the 55LW9500-UA and all three shipping variants of the 55LV9500-UA have an LCM with that part number. To suggest that they do, is misleading. If you run into any difficulty, tell me and I will assist.

If you had no intention of helping with this effort, you could have said so -
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=131
But this was your response -
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=133
So I tried to assist you -
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=138


-nony
post #164 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post

Thanks nony.
Do you happen to know the debug commands? I haven't looked into that yet, but I believe it's a linux kernel - or at least a deriviative thereof? Or is it an actual menu.

Once you are in debug mode, you will presented with a menu-driven UI as detailed in the references below.

References -
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.ph...ode_connection
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Wiki_index
http://lg-hack.info

-nony
post #165 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiWavelength View Post

HSN is almost sold out once more. Only five remaining...

AJ

They now list it as sold out. Mine finally shipped today.
post #166 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolkman View Post

Mine finally shipped today.

same here
post #167 of 1747
I chatted with AIT, mine is not suppose to arrive in Dallas until Thursday, which means I probably won't get it until the 15th or 16th. I figured when they said it shipped on Friday, it wasn't going anywhere to soon
post #168 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post
Good Info. Plz add the other tool options (1,2,3), the Host Diagnostics screen, and obscure your serial number (precautionary measure).

-nony
remaining tool options.
I can't find a host diagnostics screen anywhere though?

Attachment 219570

Attachment 219571

Attachment 219572

Attachment 219573
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #169 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post
remaining tool options.
I can't find a host diagnostics screen anywhere though?
[/ATTACH]
The procedure on p.22 of the following doc should work -
http://136.166.4.200/contents/Displa...esentation.pdf

-nony
post #170 of 1747
Here is the host screen
LL
post #171 of 1747
Thread Starter 
So....i'm one of the 1st couple hundred people to order. My friggin order shipped today. Go figure.
post #172 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopyoyo View Post
Here is the host screen
Did you update the firmware since you received it?
post #173 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

The procedure on p.22 of the following doc should work -
http://136.166.4.200/contents/Displa...esentation.pdf

-nony

http://136.166.4.200/SubPages/Directview_LCD.htm
post #174 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Hess View Post

I ordered, I think in the 3500s - for two days I had the HSN price charge pending on my CC but now it is gone.

No update on shipping/cancellation so I will assume I am in the void.

Looks like it has been 'initiated' today! No time too soon as I am selling my TV tomorrow!
post #175 of 1747
I hope this tv is as good in person as on this fourm.
My wife just found the shipping email and is not talking to me.
I am hoping that when she see the picture the tv will do the talking not her.
post #176 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolkman View Post


Did you update the firmware since you received it?

Yep
post #177 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6athome View Post

I hope this tv is as good in person as on this fourm.
My wife just found the shipping email and is not talking to me.
I am hoping that when she see the picture the tv will do the talking not her.

Sounds like ur in the shiz..good luck man!
post #178 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by castropa531 View Post

Hello everyone,

I ordered mine when there was 1500 sold. It was shipped on 8/3 and is now at the local sorting facility. I will update with any info when I get it

I just called to see the status of the delivery. It's about 40 miles away from where I live. AIT transferred it to Interstate Express. The agent told me it will either be Friday 8/12 or Monday 8/15. I don't know the value of "free" shipping if it take so long to get to where it has to go. Really a week to travel 40 miles?
BTW I'm in the NE part of PA, so 16 days from order to delivery in my opinion seems too long.
post #179 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by castropa531 View Post

I just called to see the status of the delivery. It's about 40 miles away from where I live. AIT transferred it to Interstate Express. The agent told me it will either be Friday 8/12 or Monday 8/15. I don't know the value of "free" shipping if it take so long to get to where it has to go. Really a week to travel 40 miles?
BTW I'm in the NE part of PA, so 16 days from order to delivery in my opinion seems too long.

that's typical of freight shipments usually. Get spoiled with UPS/FEDEX less than a week anywhere in the US.
post #180 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by castropa531 View Post

I just called to see the status of the delivery. It's about 40 miles away from where I live. AIT transferred it to Interstate Express. The agent told me it will either be Friday 8/12 or Monday 8/15. I don't know the value of "free" shipping if it take so long to get to where it has to go. Really a week to travel 40 miles?
BTW I'm in the NE part of PA, so 16 days from order to delivery in my opinion seems too long.

I would call them a tell them you will come and pick it up. 40 miles I would drive to get my tv.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread