or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread - Page 7

post #181 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy1234 View Post

I would call them a tell them you will come and pick it up. 40 miles I would drive to get my tv.

That's what I did on Friday. Mine was only about 5 miles away and they told me that they wouldn't be able to deliver until today.
post #182 of 1747
Arkasi (or anyone), have you by any chance tried the 3D with passive glasses? I'm not saying you are wrong that this an active set, but the LW9500 is listed as passive (see below) from LG. It seems that one thought is that since this set has the rf motion remote, that it would also have the active glasses, which makes sense. However, I would also note that according to LG, the 5600 also has the rf remote, yet is a passive 3D set. You have been a great source of info so far, so was just wondering if you tried passive glasses so we can absolutely rule that out. Thanks!

3D Troubleshooting Selection Page:

There are two types of 3D Active Glasses, IR and RF. There is also a classification of 3D TV that have Non-Active Glasses (Passive).

2010 Models: (Select the 2010 Troubleshooting Guide)
LX6500 and LX9500 series LCD
PX950 series Plasma
These models utilize IR type Glasses p/n AG-S100 and AG-S110

2011 Models: (Select the 2011 Troubleshooting Guide)
PW350, PZ550, PZ750, PZ950 series Plasma
These models utilize RF type Active Glasses p/n AG-S250

2011 Models: (Select the 2011 Troubleshooting Guide)
LW6500 and LW9500 series LCD
These models utilize Passive type Glasses p/n AG-P110
post #183 of 1747
I don't think it would fit in my Equinox.
But thanks all for the replies.
post #184 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedawg View Post

Arkasi (or anyone), have you by any chance tried the 3D with passive glasses? I'm not saying you are wrong that this an active set, but the LW9500 is listed as passive (see below) from LG. It seems that one thought is that since this set has the rf motion remote, that it would also have the active glasses, which makes sense. However, I would also note that according to LG, the 5600 also has the rf remote, yet is a passive 3D set. You have been a great source of info so far, so was just wondering if you tried passive glasses so we can absolutely rule that out. Thanks!

3D Troubleshooting Selection Page:

There are two types of 3D Active Glasses, IR and RF. There is also a classification of 3D TV that have Non-Active Glasses (Passive).

2010 Models: (Select the 2010 Troubleshooting Guide)
LX6500 and LX9500 series LCD
PX950 series Plasma
These models utilize IR type Glasses p/n AG-S100 and AG-S110

2011 Models: (Select the 2011 Troubleshooting Guide)
PW350, PZ550, PZ750, PZ950 series Plasma
These models utilize RF type Active Glasses p/n AG-S250

2011 Models: (Select the 2011 Troubleshooting Guide)
LW6500 and LW9500 series LCD
These models utilize Passive type Glasses p/n AG-P110

The 55LV9500-UA is not equipped with a Passive/Cinema 3D/FPR panel. This has been confirmed with a 100% certainty. The same holds true for the 55LW9500-UA, and covers all shipping variants.

-nony
post #185 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

55LV9500-UA.AUSYLHR p/n:
55LV9500-UA.AUSWLHR p/n:
55LV9500-UA.AUSYLJR p/n:

55LW9500-UA.AUSYLHR p/n:

Please capture and fill in the part numbers for all of the above items and do the same for the main board (Location 540), and TCon/3D board (Location 541) and we will be able to draw some definitive conclusions.

-nony

55LV9500-UA.AUSYLHR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown with no 3D glasses
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579914
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LV9500-UA.AUSWLHR : p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130543 - Shown with 3D Glasses!
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579912
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LV9500-UA.AUSYLJR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown with 3D Glasses!
p/n: Loc 540: EBR73282101
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LW9500-UA.AUSYLHR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown without 3D Glasses
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579904
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

It appears the Y is 3D, but not the W. ALL the Ys have same assembly 200 part number.

200 - LCD Assembly
540 - Chassis Assembly
541 - BPR Total Assembly

So if you're that Y person, you're a 2D viewer. If you're a W or YJR enjoy the 3D!

This begs the question, where are the 55LV9500 W systems being sold?
post #186 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by castropa531 View Post

I don't think it would fit in my Equinox.
But thanks all for the replies.

Fold the seats down and I don't see why not
post #187 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

55LV9500-UA.AUSYLHR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown with 3D glasses
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579914
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LV9500-UA.AUSWLHR : p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130543 - Shown without 3D Glasses!
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579912
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LV9500-UA.AUSYLJR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown with 3D Glasses!
p/n: Loc 540: EBR73282101
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LW9500-UA.AUSYLHR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown without 3D Glasses
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579904
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

It appears the Y is 3D, but not the W. ALL the Ys have same assembly 200 part number.

200 - LCD Assembly
540 - Chassis Assembly
541 - BPR Total Assembly

So if you're that .01% lucky Y person, you're a 3D winner. If you're like the rest of us W 99.99 percenters, enjoy the 2D!

This begs the question, where are the 55LV9500 Y systems being sold?

So my part number is 55LW9500-TA.AAUWLH
How does that fit into the schema?
post #188 of 1747
Anyone care to post a noobtorial on how to enable the 3D settings from the service menu..I already have my harmony remote setup to access the menu but have no clue on which options to enable..dong want a $1500 brick sitting in my living room! Would like to help with the 3d effort on this model though
post #189 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopyoyo View Post

Anyone care to post a noobtorial on how to enable the 3D settings from the service menu..I already have my harmony remote setup to access the menu but have no clue on which options to enable..dong want a $1500 brick sitting in my living room! Would like to help with the 3d effort on this model though

As seen above, if your unit is a W, it's a different MB without 3D. option for 3D is there for the Y models.
Look on the back of the unit on the Info Label - on the slickdeals website, member there posted a picture of his info label showing :
55LV9500-UA.AUS W LHR the 2D Model. 55LV9500-UA.AUS Y LHR is the 3D Model.
post #190 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

As seen above, if your unit is a W, it's a different MB without 3D. option for 3D is there for the Y models.
Look on the back of the unit on the Info Label - on the slickdeals website, member there posted a picture of his info label showing :
55LV9500-UA.AUS W LHR the 2D Model. 55LV9500-UA.AUS Y LHR is the 3D Model.

This does not explain how arkasi55 managed to get as far as activating 3D on his "AAU-WLH" set ... given his issues with glasses syn.
post #191 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

As seen above, if your unit is a W, it's a different MB without 3D. option for 3D is there for the Y models.
Look on the back of the unit on the Info Label - on the slickdeals website, member there posted a picture of his info label showing :
55LV9500-UA.AUS W LHR the 2D Model. 55LV9500-UA.AUS Y LHR is the 3D Model.

From what I see from the image the member posted on slickdeals, he had the Y unit, which means he did indeed get a 3d model.
post #192 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishank View Post

From what I see from the image the member posted on slickdeals, he had the Y unit, which means he did indeed get a 3d model.

Do you have a link to the slick deals posting?
post #193 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy1234 View Post

Do you have a link to the slick deals posting?

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpos...5&postcount=94
post #194 of 1747
Ok I have a AUSYLHR. I have enabled 3d from the service menu and did the instop reset. My problem is my remote doesn't have 3d button. I bought a universal remote that can send ecf codes how do i program this so it has a 3d button.
post #195 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
As seen above, if your unit is a W, it's a different MB without 3D. option for 3D is there for the Y models.
Look on the back of the unit on the Info Label - on the slickdeals website, member there posted a picture of his info label showing :
55LV9500-UA.AUS W LHR the 2D Model. 55LV9500-UA.AUS Y LHR is the 3D Model.
P5,
I was the one who posted on the slick deals forum and if you look again you will see that I have the y model and not the w...I was wanting a noob guide to enabling 3d as I wanted to try to see if I can get 3d working
post #196 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopyoyo View Post
Anyone care to post a noobtorial on how to enable the 3D settings from the service menu..I already have my harmony remote setup to access the menu but have no clue on which options to enable..dong want a $1500 brick sitting in my living room! Would like to help with the 3d effort on this model though
From EZ Adjust in Tool Option5 change:

1. 3D Display Type ==>3D
2. 2D To 3D========>ON

Exit out and issue the INSTOP command

-nony
post #197 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopyoyo View Post
P5,
I was the one who posted on the slick deals forum and if you look again you will see that I have the y model and not the w...I was wanting a noob guide to enabling 3d as I wanted to try to see if I can get 3d working
I was remembering the lower number which was actually saying 55LW9500 - now after looking again, this time the upper number, you're correct it has the Y number.

OK, I go back in tonight - now they've changed the views! Now the WLHR and YLJR show the glasses, but not the YLHR - When you click on the glasses, it comes up with `No Data' ! Going back in and check the Location 200 to see if that changed as well. The #'s are correct.
Corrected Posting #185. I was following Nony's listing that had the Y first, but on the website, W is first, and Y second.
So the W and YJR show glasses, Y doesn't.
post #198 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post
From EZ Adjust In Tool Option5 change:

1. 3D Display Type ==>3D
2. 2D To 3D========>ON

Exit out and issue the INSTOP command

-nony
He will just be in my position with no way to test the 3d cause our remotes do not have 3d buttons. I need help to program a remote to have the 3d buttons.
post #199 of 1747
Thx for the guidance nony...will program my harmony one for the instop command and see what I can come up with...also wanted to ask if it is safe to enable thx?
post #200 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy1234 View Post
He will just be in my position with no way to test the 3d cause our remotes do not have 3d buttons. I need help to program a remote to have the 3d buttons.
I have a harmony one programmed for the tv...in my extra keys there is a 3d button so I just gotta work on getting 3d enabled now
post #201 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
55LV9500-UA.AUSYLHR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown with 3D glasses
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579914
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LV9500-UA.AUSWLHR : p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130543 - Shown without 3D Glasses!
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579912
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LV9500-UA.AUSYLJR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown with 3D Glasses!
p/n: Loc 540: EBR73282101
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LW9500-UA.AUSYLHR p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512 - Shown without 3D Glasses
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579904
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

It appears the Y is 3D, but not the W. ALL the Ys have same assembly 200 part number.

200 - LCD Assembly
540 - Chassis Assembly
541 - BPR Total Assembly
Thanks. Disregarding the pics, here's my take -

55LV9500-UA.AUSYLHR
p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579914
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LV9500-UA.AUSWLHR
p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130543
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579912
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LV9500-UA.AUSYLJR
p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512
p/n: Loc 540: EBR73282101
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

55LW9500-UA.AUSYLHR - Control (known to have Active 3D and 288 zones)
p/n: Loc 200: AFB73130512
p/n: Loc 540: EBT61579904
p/n: Loc 541: EBU61391501

200 - LCM
540 - Main Board
541 - 3D Board

Observations-
The Y models have the same LCM as the control, so they should have 288 local dimming zones.
The W and Y models have the same 3D board as the control, so they should support Active 3D in hardware.

Note that the W model has a unique LCM p/n as the W designates a Version 5 LCM.

-nony
post #202 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopyoyo View Post
Thx for the guidance nony...will program my harmony one for the instop command and see what I can come up with...also wanted to ask if it is safe to enable thx?
Don't enable or change anything else until you have the 3D working.

-nony
post #203 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopyoyo View Post
I have a harmony one programmed for the tv...in my extra keys there is a 3d button so I just gotta work on getting 3d enabled now
I don't have the 3d button either, but if you have/use the the magic motion remote, you should have a 3D menu at the bottom of the screen.
Alternatively, click home/setup/picture/set 3D video
post #204 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
As seen above, if your unit is a W, it's a different MB without 3D. option for 3D is there for the Y models.
Look on the back of the unit on the Info Label - on the slickdeals website, member there posted a picture of his info label showing :
55LV9500-UA.AUS W LHR the 2D Model. 55LV9500-UA.AUS Y LHR is the 3D Model.
Is that the same given that my part number is NOT 55LV9500-UA but 55LW9500-TA?
post #205 of 1747
Go to the slickdeals forum from posting #193, shown above and look at picture #1. There are 3 different #'s there on the label.
W and YJR have the 3D glasses shown in the exploded technical views. There are NO glasses shown for the Y only Model. There are 3 Models in the 55LV9500 series. It appears we're getting the Y only model that doesn't have the 3D. Now, will we all get the exact same model?
post #206 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Go to the slickdeals forum from posting #193, shown above and look at picture #1. There are 3 different #'s there on the label.
W and YJR have the 3D glasses shown in the exploded technical views. There are NO glasses shown for the Y only Model. There are 3 Models in the 55LV9500 series. It appears we're getting the Y only model that doesn't have the 3D. Now, will we all get the exact same model?

As I said above, my part is listed as 55LW9500-TA.AAUWLH

What i'm asking, perhaps i'm not being clear enough, is whether there is a difference in your findings between the LW9500 and the LV9500 models you've listed.

Is there a listing for 55LW9500-TA.AAUWLH in the material you've been researching?
post #207 of 1747
I am also waiting for this TV...I could use some suggestions in choosing a great blu ray player to go with it...thanks!
post #208 of 1747
nony,p5browne i know either one of you have this set but in your opinion do you think this unit would be equally or better than the 55lhx. i do not care about 3d although if i could hack it someday that would be a bonus perhaps. i'm thinking about getting one because of the dse issue with my current set. i just want to make sure i'm not wasting my money in doing so, i would love to hear what owners are saying about the black levels. thx....
post #209 of 1747
I received this TV on Friday and absolutely love it. I can easily tell a huge picture quality difference from my 60Hz Sharp but I do have one question.

Whenever I turn the TrueMotion on, it actually leaves a blur when watching sports and fast moving objects. The higher I turn the TrueMotion on, the worse the picture gets and at one point it almost appears that the ball dissappears on screen. To me it seems that somehow the picture can't keep up with the speed but only during TrueMotion because when it's off there is no blur.

This is how I am currently setup. My TV is connected to my 3-year old Yamaha AV receiver through the LG supplied HDMI. The receiver is then connected to my PS3 and DirecTV HDDVR through additional HDMI cables and optical audio cables.

Do I just need to connect everything seperatly to the TV through high speed HDMI cables or do I need to upgrade my receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #210 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMeNot97 View Post

I received this TV on Friday and absolutely love it. I can easily tell a huge picture quality difference from my 60Hz Sharp but I do have one question.

Whenever I turn the TrueMotion on, it actually leaves a blur when watching sports and fast moving objects. The higher I turn the TrueMotion on, the worse the picture gets and at one point it almost appears that the ball dissappears on screen. To me it seems that somehow the picture can't keep up with the speed but only during TrueMotion because when it's off there is no blur.

This is how I am currently setup. My TV is connected to my 3-year old Yamaha AV receiver through the LG supplied HDMI. The receiver is then connected to my PS3 and DirecTV HDDVR through additional HDMI cables and optical audio cables.

Do I just need to connect everything seperatly to the TV through high speed HDMI cables or do I need to upgrade my receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what your seeing is called input lag if i am not mistaken....the tv is much faster than the source/material you are displaying so that is the artifacting that you are seeing..i had the same problem...so i turned trumotion off and the picture looks better than it did while it was on
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread