or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Borderlands 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Borderlands 2 - Page 28

post #811 of 847
I am almost a level 50. Can the Terramorphous thing be killed playing alone?
post #812 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

I am almost a level 50. Can the Terramorphous thing be killed playing alone?

Yes, but you have to have the right weapons, etc. but I have killed it numerous times to farm. With the right equipment, it can take less then a minute to kill it solo.
post #813 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

I haven't reached the warrior in my TVHM playthrough yet but I'm anxious to start farming him too! I want that gun and shield! Thanks again for the assist. What grenade were you using that tore Terra up like that?

Found you a sniper rifle from the Treasure Room last night.
post #814 of 847
Great, I'll jump over when I see you online.
post #815 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm playing on PS3 and I think you are on XBOX.

I play on PS3 and have zero friends. I have a level 36 commando and paying through TVHM right now.
post #816 of 847
Can The Bee be obtained from the radio station guy on playthrough #2?
post #817 of 847
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Can The Bee be obtained from the radio station guy on playthrough #2?
Once you've unlocked the mission again on PT2 you can get the bee that should be a level 48-50.
post #818 of 847
Got a Bee Shield. Along with the Conference Call shottie, Terra is too easy.

I did get a Hide of Terra Shield. Haven't used it yet though. Seems like it would be a better all around shield than the Bee (except for Boss fights).
post #819 of 847
Anyone still playing? I can't seem to tear myself away smile.gif

This game has SERIOUS replayability! I got my Commando to level 50 and finished TVHM solo. I haven't been able to defeat Terra solo yet though and would love to find a legendary COM for him. I did some research on Youtube on how to defeat him and will try again solo.

I have a level 45 Siren and love her! Her Ruin ability with Converge is so amazing for crowd control. I should have her at level 50 soon. Haven't started on DLC3 yet. I thought I would wait until the level cap gets raised to do so.

Just started a Gunzerker and got him to level 15. Dual-wielding guns is a lot of fun but I'm struggling a bit with aim. Definitely need to grab the Steady as She Goes perk for improved accuracy. I'm also finding I have to go down the Brawn tree to survive solo. Hopefully I can respec into Rampage/Gunlust after I level up a bit more.

Still toying around with Zero. Really want to try out his Kunai ability but he is a bit of a grind to level with.

I keep waiting to get bored with the game but it hasn't happened yet! I expect I'll be playing BL2 at least until Bioshock Infinite comes out.
post #820 of 847
Naw, I've moved on. Their inability to fix glaring problems with the game have forced me to abandon this time waster. I might be back after the last DLC from the season pass.. but I'll be damned if I'll play through another character from beginning again. Replayability my a$$.
post #821 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post

Naw, I've moved on. Their inability to fix glaring problems with the game have forced me to abandon this time waster. I might be back after the last DLC from the season pass.. but I'll be damned if I'll play through another character from beginning again. Replayability my a$$.

Wow, why all the negativity? To each their own I guess...

I was just looking at the Mechromancer tree and her skill trees look really interesting. Now I want to go home and start a new game with her!
post #822 of 847
I have a commando and mechromancer to 50. I downloaded the last DLC but haven't played it yet. I got Halo 4 as a late Christmas gift two weeks ago and haven't been able to pull myself away from it. I'll probably come back to it once the level cap gets raised.

BTW, mechromancer is a blast. Try a plasma anarchist build and have fun!
post #823 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

I have a commando and mechromancer to 50. I downloaded the last DLC but haven't played it yet. I got Halo 4 as a late Christmas gift two weeks ago and haven't been able to pull myself away from it. I'll probably come back to it once the level cap gets raised.

BTW, mechromancer is a blast. Try a plasma anarchist build and have fun!

Hey Roto! That's funny....I got Halo 4 and Far Cry 3 sitting on my shelf but I keep coming back to Borderlands smile.gif

I'll definitely check out the Plasma anarchist build. I see a lot of possibilities with Gaige!
post #824 of 847
I'm negative due to the fact that they changed the loot drop formula from the first Borderlands 1, which was main reason we played the hell out of that game. They had quality weapons in vending machines and chests that made us excited each time you opened one. Random fights would have loot drops that made you stop and go WOW.. Now all we see is whites and greens and MAYBE if you're lucky a blue. There isn't much incentive to go through each character (although I did) over and over since the loot ( the POINT of the game ) is such a disappointment. I keep waiting for a patch to address this issue and I've given up since it doesn't seem that they think it's off. IMHO there should be a 30-40% boost in ALL drop rates and quality of such across the board. The reward vs work is not what Borderlands was about the first time.

Here's another big problem.. my backpack holds more then my WALK IN VAULT back at base? Riiiight. How about you let us store more then 16 weapons in the vault?
Edited by Pluvious - 1/31/13 at 2:57pm
post #825 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post

I'm negative due to the fact that they changed the loot drop formula from the first Borderlands 1, which was main reason we played the hell out of that game. They had quality weapons in vending machines and chests that made us excited each time you opened one. Random fights would have loot drops that made you stop and go WOW.. Now all we see is whites and greens and MAYBE if you're lucky a blue. There isn't much incentive to go through each character (although I did) over and over since the loot ( the POINT of the game ) is such a disappointment. I keep waiting for a patch to address this issue and I've given up since it doesn't seem that they think it's off. IMHO there should be a 30-40% boost in ALL drop rates and quality of such across the board. The reward vs work is not what Borderlands was about the first time.

Here's another big problem.. my backpack holds more then my WALK IN VAULT back at base? Riiiight. How about you let us store more then 16 weapons in the vault?

I do not know anything about drop rates, nor do I care. A ridiculous amount of weapons are available in BL2. A ton of unique mission reward weapons, legendary items that make you want to farm them, and golden keys available to those that want good items without having to farm.

I think 4 (or 5 with mechro) people, each with a backpack and bank vault, provides more than enough space for storing items.... not to mention Claptrap's secret stash. Why would you expect a game like BL2 to care about something like backpack size relative to bank size? If I had to guess, they probably tried to strike a balance between being able to keep everything you find and not having to return to Sanctuary all the time to swap out stuff.

The game is hilarious. Lots of funnies. I notice something new every time I play it.

Doc Mercy's shield is a General Hospital sign = hilarious. "Top Gun" mission has muscled, topless guys and beach volleyball = hilarious.

Heck, I have played through 3 or so times and just realized if you go back to Bloodwing's area there is a Mothra joke.
Edited by Nickff - 1/31/13 at 4:44pm
post #826 of 847
I haven't noticed any problem with the quality of the loot so far. I wish legendaries dropped a bit more frequently but this game is far better than say Diablo III in terms of the quality of the loot. I routinely see blues and purples in vending machines and chests. They are not always great but the possibility of an upgrade is always there. I even found a legendary class mod for my Siren in a vending machine.
post #827 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

I haven't noticed any problem with the quality of the loot so far. I wish legendaries dropped a bit more frequently but this game is far better than say Diablo III in terms of the quality of the loot. I routinely see blues and purples in vending machines and chests. They are not always great but the possibility of an upgrade is always there. I even found a legendary class mod for my Siren in a vending machine.

I have yet to find a legendary in a machine or chest. I like farming Pyro Pete for them, so I don't mind. smile.gif
post #828 of 847
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

I have yet to find a legendary in a machine or chest. I like farming Pyro Pete for them, so I don't mind. smile.gif
If you're farming Pyro Pete you could put those Torgue tokens you've collected to use and buy legendaries from the Torgue vending machines, especially now that you can actually get level 50s.
post #829 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewdpost View Post

If you're farming Pyro Pete you could put those Torgue tokens you've collected to use and buy legendaries from the Torgue vending machines, especially now that you can actually get level 50s.

Yeah, but I already have the good Torgue legendaries.
post #830 of 847
I found a level 42 legendary class mod for my Gunzerker in a vending machine in Wildlife Preserve. This is the 2nd legendary mod I've found in a vending machine...couldn't believe my luck! Unfortunately my gunzerker is only at level 23 so it will be a while before I can enjoy it.

I've had good luck farming the chests in the Arid Nexus Badlands as well. I've found two legendaries from them. Really hoping to find a legendary class mod for my Soldier. I have been trying to solo Terra with him but haven't had any success. Do you have to have a ton of legendaries and the Bee shield to solo him?
post #831 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

I found a level 42 legendary class mod for my Gunzerker in a vending machine in Wildlife Preserve. This is the 2nd legendary mod I've found in a vending machine...couldn't believe my luck! Unfortunately my gunzerker is only at level 23 so it will be a while before I can enjoy it.

I've had good luck farming the chests in the Arid Nexus Badlands as well. I've found two legendaries from them. Really hoping to find a legendary class mod for my Soldier. I have been trying to solo Terra with him but haven't had any success. Do you have to have a ton of legendaries and the Bee shield to solo him?

No, but it is easier. Terra doesn't like fire weapons. High health regen is useful. He can easily be taken down using the smasher glitch, but I understand if you want to kill it without any cheap tactics. Always keep your back to the mountain so it doesn't knock you off. Keep a tentacle around for second wind purposes.

Don't forget to nab that vault symbol above you. smile.gif
post #832 of 847
So my wife and I have been playing this co-op now for the last couple of weeks, and i have a question about the DLC. We play on 2 TV's and 2 xboxes in the same room because split screen kinda sucks (I have an extra 32" LCD that I just plop on the coffee table and an xbox that is easy to move). If I buy the season pass and download the expansions that are out now, will we both be able to play them?
post #833 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdethloff View Post

So my wife and I have been playing this co-op now for the last couple of weeks, and i have a question about the DLC. We play on 2 TV's and 2 xboxes in the same room because split screen kinda sucks (I have an extra 32" LCD that I just plop on the coffee table and an xbox that is easy to move). If I buy the season pass and download the expansions that are out now, will we both be able to play them?

I think what you want to do is buy them under your account on HER xbox. That way, that Xbox is licensed to use the DLC. And when you're signed into YOUR xbox, you are licensed to use the DLC because you're signed in, if that makes sense. A similar question was asked here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1316281/buying-map-packs-and-a-multiple-xbox-household-how-does-that-work#post_22920476

If you want to test it first, maybe try it with DLC you've already downloaded?
post #834 of 847
Ah, thanks for the link. I am hoping that will work as I've done something similar with Halo Reach...bought the game digitally on one xbox, but played co-op on 2 xboxes with a buddy. I just wasn't sure if that worked with DLC as well.

Are the different DLC packs geared for certain level characters, or do they scale to your level? Right now we're around lvl 18...
Also, is the season pass the way to go for this stuff? Is all the DLC worth getting or is there a clunker in there?
post #835 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdethloff View Post

Are the different DLC packs geared for certain level characters, or do they scale to your level? Right now we're around lvl 18...
Also, is the season pass the way to go for this stuff? Is all the DLC worth getting or is there a clunker in there?

I think the most recent DLC requires you to be at least level 30. I would recommend you wait until you enter TVHM for your 2nd playthrough before attempting the DLC so your rewards are better. I think the first two DLCs cap around level 32 in normal mode so if you are above that, definitely wait to start it in your 2nd playthrough.

I've only played the first two DLC and enjoyed them both. Have not tried the 3rd DLC but I've read mixed reviews of it. Some complaints were that it was too short. I personally enjoyed the first DLC (Captain Scarlett) the most though the 2nd DLC is a bit more humorous.
post #836 of 847
Finally farmed a Bee shield for my Commando. Didn't take that long actually for me which was a surprise. The stats could be better on it I think. It has a really long recharge delay but decent amp damage. Not sure if I should go back and try to farm a better version. One with Shock or Corrosive immunity would be nice too.

Started farming the Warrior again for a Conference Call but no luck so far. I did find a crappy Flakker and a decent Impaler shield. At least the Bee shield has improved my farming efficiency. Once I get bored with the Warrior I think I'll go farm Torque tokens to purchase a DP Unkempt Harold. Heard they are seriously OP!

Hopefully I will be able to farm Pete and Terra soon smile.gif
post #837 of 847
Figure I'll bump this since the new level cap and pearl weapons are out.
post #838 of 847
Will definitely be trying it out with my Commando tonight. Been saving the Big Game Hunt DLC for after the level increase and will be tackling it first in UVHM. Still working on getting my Siren and Gunzerker to level 50 too. There's still a lot of gameplay ahead of me!
post #839 of 847
I messed around a bit in UVHM with my Commando last night. It is definitely tougher and forces you to play a little more conservatively. Some enemies can be real bullet-sponges. Fortunately they've buffed Slag damage/duration and it is essential to eliminating the mobs quickly while conserving your ammo. Haven't really played long enough to comment on the loot quality but definitely hoping to find some shiny pearlescent weapons soon smile.gif
post #840 of 847
Apparently, there are only 8 pearls and all are guns. Slag is a must in UVHM. The slagga is manly...especially when paired with an elemental infinity.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Borderlands 2