We've been doing a bit of work on the equipment racks. I posted some pictures before of some of the beautiful work my friend Derek did in round 1 of the rack wiring, which mostly got the distributed audio system working for the house, and temp'd in some of the component video distribution.
During the last couple of weeks, Derek has spent another 2-1/2 days on the project, and the results are pretty spectacular. We have a bit more work to do on the Cat5 and Cat6 wiring, and a few low voltage triggers and the like, but it's nearly finished so I thought this was a good time.
First, a shot of what we found when I opened up the front panel of my Drobo disk array. This component got moved out of the rack to the driveway and thoroughly blasted out with compressed air, as did the Kaleidescape server.
And a shot of Derek as we were getting started. During the time since his first visit almost a year ago, I've just made temporary connections to all the A/V components and other systems that have been installed in the rack, knowing that he would be coming back to make it all look nice. So step 1 was pulling out all the temporary connections to clear the decks for the final work.
And finally, just a few shots of the current state of things
If you're in the SF Bay Area, I really can't recommend Derek highly enough.