Originally Posted by BizarroTerl
1. Does it support a central server/client topology where I can start watching a video on one client, stop it, then resume on another client in a different room?
It doesn't do this (at least I can't get it work). However when you stop the movie you can note the movie's time-position and on the other client you can seek (drag the seek bar) to the same relative position and start viewing close to where you left off.
2. In the above topology will it mark shows as watched and when I go to another client they will be marked as watched
No. My client HTPCs don't do this, they act independently. If I watch a movie on one client the others do not show watched. I like keeping the views/data independent. Each Client has its own setup (display, sorting, skins, etc.).
5. Is there a way to display recently added movies?
This is easy, you set up the rules on how/what to dispaly and how to sort. I list by "date added" in one view. By "HD/Blu-ray only" in another view. By "production date" in another view. Etc.
6. Can I control how many are in the recently added movies list?
No problem. You can use a sort/display filter to show a specifc number of files only (like display 10 movies, most recently added, sort a-z)."
7. Can I remove movies from the recently added list or will they automatically drop off one I've watched them?
Easy to do. You just show Movies/files that have not been "watched" (and you can say "not watched with last 60, 90, 120 (etc.) days" if you want.
8. In XBMC you can have a trailer in the same folder as the movie and then play it via the movies's context menu. IE Avatar.m2ts & Avatar-trailer.m2ts. Does JRiver support this and if not what are my options?
JRiver just added a "media sub-type" for trailers and there is alot of people on the JRiver forum now setting up trailers. I don't use/like trailers, but I read it can now be done (it may be in beta still - but that just means it will be public in about a week).
I already have a test install going (thus the reason I asked question #4). I've already developed a plan to give myself the ability to do 30sec/5sec forward & 15sec/5sec backward skips (a feature we use a lot in XBMC).
Sorry for the newb questions (and so many of them) and TIA for any help.