or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 35

post #1021 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

Last night was the last Thursday night in sweeps. Sweep ends next Wednesday. That is why.

And March Madness coming up as well, may not be more then 1 (maybe 2) more new episodes until April.

New episodes scheduled for 3/07, 3/14, 4/04, 4/25, 5/02, 5/09, and 5/16.
post #1022 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

New episodes scheduled for 3/07, 3/14, 4/04, 4/25, 5/02, 5/09, and 5/16.
That's a fairly herky-jerky schedule, 2 in a row, then 2 weeks off, 1 and then another 3 weeks off, then the last 4 in a row. May sweeps.
post #1023 of 2031
Great episode, I watched last night and had to check the info button on my remote to make sure I was watching POI, haha.

She''l be back, even though she's supposed to be dead;)
post #1024 of 2031
Wow, the count down to the end of the season, 7 episodes and done. Seems way too early to be at that point, but I guess we are.
post #1025 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

New episodes scheduled for 3/07, 3/14, 4/04, 4/25, 5/02, 5/09, and 5/16.
That's a fairly herky-jerky schedule, 2 in a row, then 2 weeks off, 1 and then another 3 weeks off, then the last 4 in a row. May sweeps.

Actually, the mid-April gap is only two weeks (4/11, 4/18) and is for normal repeats leading up to May sweeps. The 3/21 and 3/28 gaps are due to basketball.Still, this season has 23 episodes.
post #1026 of 2031

Another terrific episode.  This is how you write a show that could just as easily have turned into a boring procedural, crime of the week.  Great way to mix it up. 

post #1027 of 2031
The menage a trois is going to be quite interesting in this show. Control vs Root vs Admin. Not to mention the dual personality Control seems to have, how is it going to reconcile that? (WOPR comes to mind) Impressive writing and buildup.
post #1028 of 2031
WOW! Now that is how you do a TV show. Holy frak!!!!!!!!!!
post #1029 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by GqMagic View Post

Great episode, I watched last night and had to check the info button on my remote to make sure I was watching POI, haha.

She''l be back, even though she's supposed to be dead;)
I did also(have to check info button) and I don't think she's supposed to be dead, she was the one who ended up walking away in the end and leaving the other 2 in the graveyard without phones. Great episode even without the two main characters for the vast majority of the program.
post #1030 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Actually, the mid-April gap is only two weeks (4/11, 4/18) and is for normal repeats leading up to May sweeps. The 3/21 and 3/28 gaps are due to basketball.Still, this season has 23 episodes.
Ah, I had forgotten about March Madness and I do enjoy college basketball so it's not as dire as I first thought, thanks!
post #1031 of 2031
Off the hook outstanding. What kind of brass do you have when you're pulling pretty good ratings, have one of the principal actors appear with only one line in the first 30 minutes and still hold the whole thing together? Props.
post #1032 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

I spent roughly half the episode asking myself... if that really the gal from Fairly Legal (only show I have seen her on) as she was completely different. smile.gif The rest of the time I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

I actually did too even though I knew it was her. She's a hellva lot more serious than in Fairly Legal. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to have her around!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

If "Fairly Legal" is the only show you've seen her on then you must not watch a lot of TV as she's been around for years, most recently on a recurring role on "Chicago Fire" this season which she recently left. Hopefully, she will now be part of the POI cast or possibly even have a spin-off of this show (hope not... I'd rather see her on POI).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Shahi

Seriously! C'MON! LIFE! I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo miss that show. frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

WOW! Now that is how you do a TV show. Holy frak!!!!!!!!!!

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



In other news... Do you guys think Watch Dog (the game) is a lot like this show!?!? I think it is and I don't usually do those kind of games, bu I'll probably pick it up when it comes out!
post #1033 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky View Post

The menage a trois is going to be quite interesting in this show. Control vs Root vs Admin. Not to mention the dual personality Control seems to have, how is it going to reconcile that? (WOPR comes to mind) Impressive writing and buildup.

I got a feeling there's going to be one of those "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" collaboration thing going to happen by the end of the season. wink.gif
post #1034 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

how the government uses the Machine and it too only gets SSNs, no names!
I felt like this was already known, at the very least it was very strongly implied in a S1 flashback (I want to say it was at the beginning of the rear window like episode with the building superintendent as the POI).
Ingram met Alicia Corwin at Battery Park and gives her a piece of paper with 9 digits on it and tells her she’s a smart girl and to figure it out after Corwin demanded progress from the NSA feeds she supplied to him. Flash forward. Corwin and Denton Weeks drop by announced. Weeks explains the number turned out to be a DIA agent trying to sell (I think it was uranium) secrets to Iran. Weeks demands to know how Ingraham could have possibly known and wants access to the computer target specific threats. Ingraham basically tells them the machine will do it automatically. Weeks tells him he can’t dictate terms, but given the machine was sold to them for a dollar they really have no leverage.
Quote:
“Weeks: All we get is a number?
Ingram: Did you need more than a number to pick up Kurzweil? The software told you to take a closer look, so you did. It's a black box. That's the deal. You take it or leave it.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post

Is that true? Are the numbers SSNs. How would they catch foreign nationals that don't have SSNs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Perhaps some equivalent within a foreign national's government. They have to have some ID #. Don't overthink it...tongue.gif
Yeah I wouldn’t overthink that part either. That initial episode above gave a social security number for a defense intelligence agent, presumably U.S. citizen. But if the machine is designed to thwart acts of terrorism, presumably it will spit out a foreign equivalent like a passport, U.S. entry data or some other identifying number. But that is all the government gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

The fact that ROOT and GMen plot have merged and Finch/Reese appear to not know is an interesting twist.
Root was shown as the secretary for the unnamed Jay O. Sanders at the end of Booked Solid two weeks ago. That said, wouldn't you argue these plots merged in the S1 Finale and S2 premiere pretty much? Root is after the machine. Of the original 8 people who knew about the machine's existence she killed 2 of them and has had contact with 2 others. Reese was there when she killed Corwin and Finch was there when she killed Weeks. Both may not know what she is up to working for Sanders right now (but Finch knows Sander's character exists because the NSA POI in S1 calls the Office of Special Counsel and Finch tells Reese one of the people who knows about the machine works there), but it isn't as if either is completely oblivious that she is still out there and what her goals are.
Edited by Mr.Nuke - 2/25/13 at 11:23am
post #1035 of 2031
I'll go ahead and throw this out there. My preference list:

1) Paige Turco - Class - She's mid-40s and killin' it. This is coming from a guy in his mid 30s.
2) Sarah Shahi - Persian & Mexican might just be the best blend ever created. I'm witholding final judgement until I see Brazilian/Swede and Cuban/Czech.
3) Carter - "You know, Its hard out here for a pimp."

4) Amy Acker - Is her "attraction" due to her role on Dollhouse? Not knockin' her but I just don't see it. I'll give her credit though, she plays crazy just as well as Shahi althought they're completely different kinds of crazy.
Edited by aeromorris - 2/25/13 at 11:21am
post #1036 of 2031
And last weeks episode was the best ever, hands down. One or two previous episodes had some great ah-ha moments but this entire episode was simply awesome storytelling. Terrific the way all the different groups are interacting independently yet with similar goals. With all the additional players I wonder where that leaves Carter and Bosco? HR is still active so Bosco will manage that but Carter getting rejected from the FBI kinda kills some of those story lines. Perhaps her boyfriend is far more than just a dirty cop. Former intelligence agent maybe?! I absolutely love this show. Hope it's ratings are good enough to keep it around for a few more seasons.
post #1037 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromorris View Post

And last weeks episode was the best ever, hands down. One or two previous episodes had some great ah-ha moments but this entire episode was simply awesome storytelling. Terrific the way all the different groups are interacting independently yet with similar goals. With all the additional players I wonder where that leaves Carter and Bosco? HR is still active so Bosco will manage that but Carter getting rejected from the FBI kinda kills some of those story lines. Perhaps her boyfriend is far more than just a dirty cop. Former intelligence agent maybe?! I absolutely love this show. Hope it's ratings are good enough to keep it around for a few more seasons.

Bosco? I think you mean Fusco. The last time I ever heard of "Bosco" was decades ago - it was a brand of chocolate syrup (similar to Hershey's brand).
post #1038 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Bosco? I think you mean Fusco. The last time I ever heard of "Bosco" was decades ago - it was a brand of chocolate syrup (similar to Hershey's brand).
Not "was" but "is." Bosco is still available. I used to love it when I was a kid, probably not as much as George, however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyEFiaUQYGE

http://www.boscoworld.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosco_Chocolate_Syrup
post #1039 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromorris View Post

4) Amy Acker - Is her "attraction" due to her role on Dollhouse?

I don't see the attraction either.. I'm not familiar with Dollhouse though.
Not to hot on Paige Turco either...
But I fell in love with Sarah Shahi while watching the Craig Ferguson piece. But don't tell my wife! biggrin.gif
post #1040 of 2031
I agree this was the best episode of the season and perhaps the series. I liked that it was played out from a different angle. I hope thats not the last we see of Sarah Shahi. The whole show had an uptempo vibe about it. When Finch Reese and Sarah's character were at the cemetary talking Reese seemed to have a sly grin on his face while they were all talking. I thought maybe he was thinking she was a bigger ass-kicker than he was!
post #1041 of 2031
Killer episode! I would love for her to stay on; she was great! Loved her on Chicago Fire too, so it seems she is everywhere.
post #1042 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Bosco? I think you mean Fusco. The last time I ever heard of "Bosco" was decades ago - it was a brand of chocolate syrup (similar to Hershey's brand).

Yeah, you're correct. Fusco. Now you got me searching local retailers looking for Bosco. I was a Nestles Quick kid (powder not liquid) but that looks kinda tasty. biggrin.gif

post #1043 of 2031
Everybody sing now:

I love Bosco
It's rich and chocolaty
Chocolate-flavored Bosco is mighty good for me
Momma puts it in my milk for extra energy
Bosco gives me iron and sunshine vitamin C
Oh, I love Bosco.
That's the drink for me!
post #1044 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post

Everybody sing now:

I love Bosco
It's rich and chocolaty
Chocolate-flavored Bosco is mighty good for me
Momma puts it in my milk for extra energy
Bosco gives me iron and sunshine vitamin C
Oh, I love Bosco.
That's the drink for me!
+1 ^^^^^^ smile.gif
post #1045 of 2031
We surely need a episode with Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi, Paige Turco & Annie Parisse together. biggrin.gif
post #1046 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

Killer episode! I would love for her to stay on; she was great! Loved her on Chicago Fire too, so it seems she is everywhere.

You mean you didn't troll hot naked chix on the L-Word like I did? Sarah was there in various stages of undress. OMG!
post #1047 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post

Everybody sing now:

I love Bosco
It's rich and chocolaty
Chocolate-flavored Bosco is mighty good for me
Momma puts it in my milk for extra energy
Bosco gives me iron and sunshine vitamin C
Oh, I love Bosco.
That's the drink for me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-aCP3SVu-Q
post #1048 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

We surely need a episode with Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi, Paige Turco & Annie Parisse together. biggrin.gif

Sadly Annie Parisse is wasted in the abomination that is "The Following" or whatever. She plays the leader of the Keystone Cop Feebs.
post #1049 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Sadly Annie Parisse is wasted in the abomination that is "The Following" or whatever. She plays the leader of the Keystone Cop Feebs.
Amen to that. Perhaps she'll get killed off on that show like she did in Law & Order and supposedly on Person of Interest.
post #1050 of 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Amen to that. Perhaps she'll get killed off on that show like she did in Law & Order and supposedly on Person of Interest.

"She's dead Jim"

You know that she like everyone else on the show except Kevin Bacon will end up revealed as a Follower. We'll have to increase immigration substantially to supply enough Followers for that show.

/thread hijack
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD