or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 37

post #1081 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

These CCTV vendors are promoting IP video like it's the best thing since sliced bread. The only thing 'great' about that is the ease of installation, just like those dome cameras. Both have the same poor PQ potential, but the installer could care less. wink.gif


I see exactly what you mean. rolleyes.gif

To the earlier poster's point mine aren't accessible remotely, nor do I have the upstream bandwidth to feed "The Machine" multiple 8Mbps H.264 streams.
post #1082 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post



I see exactly what you mean. rolleyes.gif

To the earlier poster's point mine aren't accessible remotely, nor do I have the upstream bandwidth to feed "The Machine" multiple 8Mbps H.264 streams.
Are those IP cameras or hard wired? The IP cams that don't require a conenction to an external device generall have pretty poor video quality due to the compression.

Mine run to a digital DVR which I can access remotely. I have it slimmed down to about 7FPS and limited to 780kb/s for remote viewing so I don't kill my connection and eat all my bandwidth.
post #1083 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Are those IP cameras or hard wired? The IP cams that don't require a conenction to an external device generall have pretty poor video quality due to the compression.
They are IP cameras. They're Power over Ethernet with a single CAT5 run to them. So they're wired, not wireless. The H.264 video compression is done on board the camera. They save video footage to a FTP server running on a PC on my network.
Quote:
Mine run to a digital DVR which I can access remotely. I have it slimmed down to about 7FPS and limited to 780kb/s for remote viewing so I don't kill my connection and eat all my bandwidth.
Mine have a substream I can configure with lower resolution and a truncated frame rate for low bandwidth remote viewing.
post #1084 of 2036
And the frame rate of those cameras?
post #1085 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

And the frame rate of those cameras?
The 2MP (1920x1080) ones are 30FPS at 1080p. The 3MP (2048x1536) ones are 15FPS at max res and 30FP at 1080p.
post #1086 of 2036
Those are in a league by themselves. I seriously doubt many companies (except one that may need the extra resolution and can afford them) would have these.
Also having the network to handle the high data rates.
post #1087 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post



I see exactly what you mean. rolleyes.gif

To the earlier poster's point mine aren't accessible remotely, nor do I have the upstream bandwidth to feed "The Machine" multiple 8Mbps H.264 streams.
Excellent resolution on those cameras!
Would you mind listing the models?
We need a couple of hi-res cameras for our ops room at work- I'd like to look into the ones you use. I'm guessing yours are in the $800 to $1600 range each?
post #1088 of 2036

Looks to me like they might be the Logitech Alert series or similar.  They work as described over Cat 5/6 and use house wiring to send the signal to the router.

post #1089 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Still, he was showing his cards and had a whole room of people (including the casino boss) standing right behind him

I find it hard to believe that not one person, including the Eye in the Sky wouldn't see this.

Yea, a bit hookey. No one shows their cards like like unless they're drunk. Have to go with "literary license" on this one. Quite frankly, since he was giving up a nine every time, why look at them at all? Someone killing the house like this should loose a few here and there and I suspect they would change the cards and dealer if a large run is being made.
post #1090 of 2036
YEah....an otherwise pretty well written show, but him pulling a nine every time was a little ridiculous.
post #1091 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

YEah....an otherwise pretty well written show, but him pulling a nine every time was a little ridiculous.

You realize he was cheating right? Or was that the ridiculous part to you?
post #1092 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

You realize he was cheating right? Or was that the ridiculous part to you?

Of course I realized he was cheating.....but if you're going to cheat you shouldn't make it so obvious.....it's like cheating at blackjack and making your hand come up 21 every single time....you gotta let the house win a little bit or it won't take long to get ou bounced out the door.
post #1093 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Excellent resolution on those cameras!
Would you mind listing the models?
We need a couple of hi-res cameras for our ops room at work- I'd like to look into the ones you use. I'm guessing yours are in the $800 to $1600 range each?
They are 3MP and 2MP bullet cameras made by Dahua. I bought them from a US retailer instead of ordering them direct from China. They were under $500 each.

These reviews plus positive chatter on the internet made me willing to try 'em out.
3MP Review
2MP Review

After installing the latest firmware I'm pretty happy with them.
post #1094 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

They are 3MP and 2MP bullet cameras made by Dahua. I bought them from a US retailer instead of ordering them direct from China. They were under $500 each.

These reviews plus positive chatter on the internet made me willing to try 'em out.
3MP Review
2MP Review

After installing the latest firmware I'm pretty happy with them.
Thanks very much for the links! That store is about an hour's drive from us.
It's a good starting point and very reasonable pricing on those cameras.
Looks like the front door cam is the 2MP and the driveway cams are the 3MP cams?
Edited by replayrob - 3/20/13 at 8:42am
post #1095 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Looks like the front door cam is the 2MP and the driveway cams are the 3MP cams?
Correct.
post #1096 of 2036
Quote:
After installing the latest firmware I'm pretty happy with them.
Installing firmware in a CCTV camera?? confused.gif
Ok, since you brought all of this up, what is the real frame rate, the distance from your router and specs on your PC or DVR?

These can only run on a PC and with their software??;
http://hdsecuritystore.com/comp.php

.
Edited by videobruce - 3/21/13 at 4:13am
post #1097 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

Of course I realized he was cheating.....but if you're going to cheat you shouldn't make it so obvious.....it's like cheating at blackjack and making your hand come up 21 every single time....you gotta let the house win a little bit or it won't take long to get ou bounced out the door.

Stop mixing reality with a TV show. You'll just hurt your brain.biggrin.gif
post #1098 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Installing firmware in a CCTV camera?? confused.gif
Ok, since you brought all of this up, what is the real frame rate, the distance from your router and specs on your PC or DVR?

These can only run on a PC and with their software??;
http://hdsecuritystore.com/comp.php

.
I'd like to get a little more info on the particulars too- but we should move the conversation off the HDTV Programming forum- how about we start a thread in the "Home Automation" http://www.avsforum.com/f/162/home-automation forum?
post #1099 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

how about we start a thread in the "Home Automation" http://www.avsforum.com/f/162/home-automation forum?
Go for it.
post #1100 of 2036
I did a search, but there are no existing threads concerning IP cameras.
post #1101 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

I did a search, but there are no existing threads concerning IP cameras.

You can start one. smile.gif
post #1102 of 2036
I created a thread dedicated to hi-rez IP and security cams in the home automation section:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1464735/hi-rez-ip-and-security-cameras-1mp
post #1103 of 2036
Good episode.
post #1104 of 2036
Not much of a plot
post #1105 of 2036
I'm confused... are we talking about a TV series or a camera? confused.gif
post #1106 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I'm confused... are we talking about a TV series or a camera? confused.gif
Security camera/DVR thread is here:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1464735/hi-rez-ip-and-security-cameras-1mp
post #1107 of 2036
The POI Facebook page has announced CBS has renewed for a third season!
post #1108 of 2036
Nice!
post #1109 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

The POI Facebook page has announced CBS has renewed for a third season!
Never worried it wasn't gonna cool.gif
One of best shows on broadcast TV , I just hope "Elementary" gets a renewal , Lucy Lui Rocks !
post #1110 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

The POI Facebook page has announced CBS has renewed for a third season!
Never worried it wasn't gonna cool.gif
One of best shows on broadcast TV , I just hope "Elementary" gets a renewal , Lucy Lui Rocks !

Elementary was also renewed.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/cbs-renews-elementary-the-good-wife-person-of-interest-ncis-la-mentalist-2-broke-girls-mike-molly-blue-bloods/
Edited by domino92024 - 3/27/13 at 10:47pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD