or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 49

post #1441 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by billatlakegeorge View Post

It looked to me as if Shaw's boobs where wrapped with duct tape. Maybe they're trying to take the focus off her hotness to make you see her acting ability, at least that's what I thought. eek.gif
I like Sarah Shahi, but she was certainly hotter in Fairly Legal.
post #1442 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I like Sarah Shahi, but she was certainly hotter in Fairly Legal.
One of the best roles she's ever had was in NBC's "Life", also starring Damian Lewis, the rest of the cast wasn't too shabby either.
post #1443 of 2035
+ 1 Keenan, and Adam Arkin too in Life...
post #1444 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I still love Shaw, and i do wanted her to stab the banker in the eye... also the book club ladies, they were so annoying..

Way to go Bear, this time you kicked some arse!

Once again the little hint of Reese being Carter's boyfriend and the "just friends" response, she could have said yes and get this annoying prick (now spy) from asking more questions..

It looked very much like Shaw was "wounded" that Bear left her while she was petting him, to go to Reese when he walked in. Kike she was jealous of his relationship with Bear. It was a well done scene.
post #1445 of 2035
While some don't like the whole "did they/didn't they" stuff, this once again goes to my observation that it seems to be happening way more often than before. It's almost as if the Machine is having trouble differentiating these days because of some conflict.

By the way, did anyone else notice the box representation the Machine gave those guys in the vet's office? It was the same as Root's which was a white box with red lines interspersed within it. I'm curious as to what that meant.
post #1446 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

While some don't like the whole "did they/didn't they" stuff, this once again goes to my observation that it seems to be happening way more often than before. It's almost as if the Machine is having trouble differentiating these days because of some conflict.

From Day One Finch stated that The Machine does not distinguish between perp and victim. This is not new.
post #1447 of 2035
I know that, but there is no denying that it is happening way more than before this season. You had maybe 1 or 2 of these in previous seasons, but now this is like 4 weeks in a row.
post #1448 of 2035
This is exactly the kind of episode I feel like we were promised in this show. More of a "which one are they". I feel the previous seasons have been a bit too forward with not enough mystery about which way the number would go. I enjoyed this episode greatly, in that respect.
post #1449 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I know that, but there is no denying that it is happening way more than before this season. You had maybe 1 or 2 of these in previous seasons, but now this is like 4 weeks in a row.

My point was The Machine is not differentiating because it NEVER differentiated. Not because as posted, "It's almost as if the Machine is having trouble differentiating these days because of some conflict." No, it's always been that way.
post #1450 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

This is exactly the kind of episode I feel like we were promised in this show. More of a "which one are they". I feel the previous seasons have been a bit too forward with not enough mystery about which way the number would go. I enjoyed this episode greatly, in that respect.

I too enjoyed the ambiguity and cynicism of this week's show. The scene showing the boat in the distance, after Reese had left it with the husband and wife each holding a gun on the other, followed by the sound of a gunshot was terrific. It left us not knowing who shot whom. That was all right with me because I didn't care. smile.gif Ii's because of such scenes that I continue to enjoy Person of Interest, despite its occasional silliness.
post #1451 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I too enjoyed the ambiguity and cynicism of this week's show. The scene showing the boat in the distance, after Reese had left it with the husband and wife each holding a gun on the other, followed by the sound of a gunshot was terrific. It left us not knowing who shot whom. That was all right with me because I didn't care. smile.gif Ii's because of such scenes that I continue to enjoy Person of Interest, despite its occasional silliness.
Actually, there were TWO gunshots, so we'll let you figure out what happened.
post #1452 of 2035
Best episode of the season, imo:
1st scene with the Doggy, and the Vet, and John shoots 3, Bear takes care of the other
Sarah goes to Conn, and pulls the letter opener, gets held back, very funny
Sarah goes to the Lady's Book Review, leaves the room, comes back, pulls her gun, sits down, and says what's this book about as she sips her Chardonnay. Well done
Scene with John on the Boat was great, he threw the gun down, leaves, you know what was going to happen.. It was 2 shots, as noted. Call the Coast Guard...
post #1453 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Best episode of the season, imo:
1st scene with the Doggy, and the Vet, and John shoots 3, Bear takes care of the other
Sarah goes to Conn, and pulls the letter opener, gets held back, very funny
Sarah goes to the Lady's Book Review, leaves the room, comes back, pulls her gun, sits down, and says what's this book about as she sips her Chardonnay. Well done
Scene with John on the Boat was great, he threw the gun down, leaves, you know what was going to happen.. It was 2 shots, as noted. Call the Coast Guard...

Agree except it would have been more realistic if there had been a volley of shots. As it was presented, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the wife could have just shot the husband. One shot, one kill for each didn't work for me.
. YOMV.
post #1454 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I too enjoyed the ambiguity and cynicism of this week's show. The scene showing the boat in the distance, after Reese had left it with the husband and wife each holding a gun on the other, followed by the sound of a gunshot was terrific. It left us not knowing who shot whom. That was all right with me because I didn't care. smile.gif Ii's because of such scenes that I continue to enjoy Person of Interest, despite its occasional silliness.

There were two gunshots, with (I thought) the clear inference that they shot each other.

Too neat, but the whole episode was trite. The problem with these self-contained episodes is that the writers have to take too many shortcuts, allow too many coincidences, make too many assumptions, and compress time to much for any of it to be believable.
post #1455 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

There were two gunshots, with (I thought) the clear inference that they shot each other.

Too neat, but the whole episode was trite. The problem with these self-contained episodes is that the writers have to take too many shortcuts, allow too many coincidences, make too many assumptions, and compress time to much for any of it to be believable.

The weaknesses on this week's episode that you mentioned were examples of the show's "occasional silliness" I mentioned in my last post. If I couldn't rise above such stuff, I would never watch a serialized Big 4 network show. It's almost a miracle that Person of Interest has remained watchable for as long as it has.
post #1456 of 2035
For as serious a character she is supposed to be, Shaw has been the comic relief, at least in the last episode--letter opener, book club. The wife and I laughed at both scenes.
post #1457 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

There were two gunshots, with (I thought) the clear inference that they shot each other..
2 shots & they killed each other is how I took the ending .
The acting was poor on the guest lead spot . Had she been a better actor then the episode would have been Way better .
post #1458 of 2035
It was an eye rolling, shark jumping moment when she went over the edge of the building onto a passing garbage truck, I'm surprised no one else mentioned how unrealistic and idiotic that was.
post #1459 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

It was an eye rolling, shark jumping moment when she went over the edge of the building onto a passing garbage truck, I'm surprised no one else mentioned how unrealistic and idiotic that was.

Didn't Mythbusters prove that you could do this in one of their episodes?
post #1460 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

It was an eye rolling, shark jumping moment when she went over the edge of the building onto a passing garbage truck, I'm surprised no one else mentioned how unrealistic and idiotic that was.

Totally depends on the building's height and what was in the garbage truck. Standard, compacted garbage? Probably not realistic. A pre-arranged passing truck (she was acting like she was expecting it) and it's quite possible.
post #1461 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

It was an eye rolling, shark jumping moment when she went over the edge of the building onto a passing garbage truck, I'm surprised no one else mentioned how unrealistic and idiotic that was.

Good point. Now I remember my eye rolls. I'm willing to cut some occasional slack for otherwise well done TV. Some.
post #1462 of 2035
I thought about the episode ending and I guess i'm flopping to say that it was actually horrible. That the wife stood there in the cabin of the boat and recounted every detail of the episode was network tv at it's worst. I agree that the actress was horrible and the writers having her hit every plot point that had already been discussed actually pained me while I watched it. Add to that the two shot ending where we are to assume that each got one shot and killed each other.... I dunno.
post #1463 of 2035
We are left to decide for ourselves what took place.
Did they shoot each other?
Did she shoot him twice?
Did she shoot him, then herself?

Quite a different ending, if you ask me.

Thought provoking, IMO.
post #1464 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

We are left to decide for ourselves what took place.
Did they shoot each other?
Did she shoot him twice?
Did she shoot him, then herself?

Quite a different ending, if you ask me.

Thought provoking, IMO.
That was the whole idea. We're talking about it, right? (Life is never cut and dried)
post #1465 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

We are left to decide for ourselves what took place.
Did they shoot each other?
Did she shoot him twice?
Did she shoot him, then herself?

Quite a different ending, if you ask me.

Thought provoking, IMO.

Yeah, it provokes the thought that it was stupid.

Reese had no way to know how the situation would resolve. Yet neither he nor Finch would ever leave that situation -- with that murderous woman knowing about the POI group, and that they know all about her -- potentially unresolved like that. If she lives, she is now a potential threat... and she already had the drop on her husband. (The two shots were supposed to imply mutual destruction, but in reality she would have just shot him twice before he ever got his hands on the gun. More lazy writing.)
post #1466 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

We are left to decide for ourselves what took place.
Did they shoot each other?
Did she shoot him twice?
Did she shoot him, then herself?

Quite a different ending, if you ask me.

Thought provoking, IMO.

+1!
post #1467 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

Yeah, it provokes the thought that it was stupid.

Reese had no way to know how the situation would resolve. Yet neither he nor Finch would ever leave that situation -- with that murderous woman knowing about the POI group, and that they know all about her -- potentially unresolved like that. If she lives, she is now a potential threat... and she already had the drop on her husband. (The two shots were supposed to imply mutual destruction, but in reality she would have just shot him twice before he ever got his hands on the gun. More lazy writing.)

+1

Finch team is tasked with saving the innocent and bring the bad guy to justice. From the gunshots, we can conclude that at least one of them die, which would completely defeat the mission they try to accomplish.

If she kills him, she becomes the killer. Mission fails.

If they both die. Mission also fails because the innocent wasn't saved.

If he kills her, the innocent dies. Mission fails.

Lazy writing? That's putting it kindly. It's more like incompetent and amateurish writing.
post #1468 of 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

Finch team is tasked with saving the innocent and bring the bad guy to justice. From the gunshots, we can conclude that at least one of them die, which would completely defeat the mission they try to accomplish.

 

Team? How about a few people doing whatever they see fit. My take is neither was worth worrying about and our 43 minutes are up... doesn't really matter... but if it does (to you) make up your own ending. :) 

post #1469 of 2035
I disagree. At that point, they were both evil. They both robbed their charity. The husband was slightly worse because he set up his wife. Neither was innocent. Reese felt bad that he gave the wife an advantage and thought he should level the playing field. If one killed the other or they each killed each other, so be it.
post #1470 of 2035
I really don't see murder-suicide. Women often hesitate. I see three outcomes:
*They each fired
*She double-tapped him
*He double-tapped her

Fire early. Fire often.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD