or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 16

post #451 of 2036
Almost getting burned alive counts as getting shot IMO.. LOL
post #452 of 2036
Repeat episode tonight???
post #453 of 2036
^^^

Yes. And the Mentalist too . . .
post #454 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Repeat episode tonight???

Yes

The February Nielsen TV Sweeps are over so there will be scattered repeats in March and April until the May Sweeps. I hope it will only be single episodes. Person Of Interest will be new next Thursday, March 8.
post #455 of 2036
Also remember March madness which will mean no CBS shows on Thursday or Friday for 2-3 weeks coming real soon.
post #456 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Also remember March madness which will mean no CBS shows on Thursday or Friday for 2-3 weeks coming real soon.

damn ,that's right ..looks like I'll be able to catch up on New movie rentals @ RedBox L O L ............Gosh I hate BoringBall.. Football Rulz .....
post #457 of 2036
Last night's episode had some interesting twists. As a parent of two girls, one being 3, it was a little hard to watch some of the scenes with the baby.
post #458 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Last night's episode had some interesting twists. As a parent of two girls, one being 3, it was a little hard to watch some of the scenes with the baby.

Yes the twists were unexpected also seemed a bit rushed to move the story along, just a bit disappointed that for usually being on top of everything, they could actually be so careless with the child!
post #459 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStever View Post

Yes the twists were unexpected also seemed a bit rushed to move the story along, just a bit disappointed that for usually being on top of everything, they could actually be so careless with the child!

Well neither of them are exactly nanny material are they?
I enjoyed the few moments of humor in a show that is usually dead serious.
This is becoming one of my favorites.
post #460 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayt View Post

Well neither of them are exactly nanny material are they?
I enjoyed the few moments of humor in a show that is usually dead serious.
This is becoming one of my favorites.

Agreed. They both had a couple of one liners. Also, I loved the police sketch.
post #461 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Agreed. They both had a couple of one liners. Also, I loved the police sketch.

The look on Carter's face when she said the sketch was some weird guy was priceless.
post #462 of 2036
I didn't think that stack of books would prevent the child from wandering off. It was so very Finch though.

I wonder how they'll enlist Carter's cooperation again. That will be a very interesting development.
post #463 of 2036
What an episode, great and disturbing too. That little Baby just won an Emmy award for Best guest actress. Just teriffic, and cute as a button, happy and scared [in the truck], right on cue. "She's safe, she's with John", Carter's look was priceless...Reece continues to impress, he doesn't kick everyone's A**, every time......Finch's, picture was a Hoot......Enjoy the show most every week...
post #464 of 2036
I'm a relative n00b to this show. I usually don't watch police procedurals but, being a software developer, I was intrigued that one of the lead characters (Finch) is an brilliant and eccentric programmer and the stories revolve around crimes predicted by his program. I never watched Lost, so I'm not carrying any Ben Linus baggage into my perception of the show. I've watched a couple episodes and I'm hooked, although I'm not sure about the long-term direction of the show. I felt that "Baby Blue" and the episode before didn't play up the technology aspect enough and there's not enough of Finch and its in danger of becoming just another Cop show.

I'm actually looking forward to reruns so I can catch up. I'm also predicting that Carter will turn against Reese/Finch for a while but some crisis will being them back together before the end of the season.
post #465 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDW View Post

I'm a relative n00b to this show. I usually don't watch police procedurals but, being a software developer, I was intrigued that one of the lead characters (Finch) is an brilliant and eccentric programmer and the stories revolve around crimes predicted by his program. I never watched Lost, so I'm not carrying any Ben Linus baggage into my perception of the show. I've watched a couple episodes and I'm hooked, although I'm not sure about the long-term direction of the show. I felt that "Baby Blue" and the episode before didn't play up the technology aspect enough and there's not enough of Finch and its in danger of becoming just another Cop show.

I'm actually looking forward to reruns so I can catch up. I'm also predicting that Carter will turn against Reese/Finch for a while but some crisis will being them back together before the end of the season.

A lot of the technology of "the machine" has been revealed already. That is not to say there will certainly be much more to come. I don't think we have seen it all on that front. One of the running subplots is a hacker has gotten in to Finch's layer (NOT "the machine" that we know of, that is at a government site behind all kinds of firewalls and steel doors) and no one is sure how much damage or what was taken has been revealed yet (episode 13 "ROOT Cause"). That has yet to play out other than to say that it happened at the end of an episode. Little of Finch's past has been played out yet other than Finch is not what he seems, but then it doesn't take much of a stretch to figure that one out just by watching the show. Much more of Reese's past is known with lots of unknowns and quasi-friendlies/enemies along the way, like Elias, making reoccurring appearances.

I am not sure if they will rerun the early episodes again since they have already run them twice now. You may need to find them on the net. All the episodes prior to Reese being shot by the CIA (January 2012) have already run again. I will say that the early episodes were not that great. Everyone was trying to find their footing and you could see the potential. Each episode got better and the episode where "the lady fixer" showed up for the first time (episode 6) is really when things started firing on all cylinders so don't expect the level of story telling in those early episodes as you see now. Those are really more about background and how things work on top of stories than anything else. They were developing what we are seeing now.
post #466 of 2036
Looks like the next episode is "Identity Crisis" (episode 18 of 22) and is slated for airing on March 29th.
post #467 of 2036
Region 4 DVD release of this season is scheduled for October 3rd, 2012. Region 4 is Mexico, South America, Central America, Caribbean, New Zealand, Australia, Papua New Guinea and much of Oceania. The other regions have not been determined yet.
post #468 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

Looks like the next episode is "Identity Crisis" (episode 18 of 22) and is slated for airing on March 29th.

Makes sense, NCAA March Madness is on for the next two Thursdays.
post #469 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

...and the episode where "the lady fixer" showed up for the first time (episode 6) is really when things started firing on all cylinders...

For me, the 4th episode ("Cura Te Ipsum", with Linda Cardinelli as guest star) is when I got hooked. The end of the final scene was so unconventional in its ambiguity (relative to standard TV network crime procedurals) that I had to tune in the following week just to find out if there was any follow-up to the end of that episode (which there wasn't). But I agree, the show has been getting better since then
post #470 of 2036
Baby Killing is wrong!

Reese put up a great fight getting the baby back, and I enjoyed all the twists and turns.

I love the scene where Reese takes the baby outside, and says he is teaching her how to work undercover.

lol
post #471 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Theimpaler View Post

For me, the 4th episode ("Cura Te Ipsum", with Linda Cardinelli as guest star) is when I got hooked. The end of the final scene was so unconventional in its ambiguity (relative to standard TV network crime procedurals) that I had to tune in the following week just to find out if there was any follow-up to the end of that episode (which there wasn't). But I agree, the show has been getting better since then

While that was a good episode, and I believe the thread acknowledged that, if you look back over the thread, most thought "The Fix" where Zoe Morgan was introduced pretty much sealed the deal with most of the participants in the thread.

But everyone has their favorites and that is nothing but good! The point we all agree on is this show has really grown legs. Thank goodness since any show I like gets canned within the first few airings.
post #472 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

But everyone has their favorites and that is nothing but good! The point we all agree on is this show has really grown legs. Thank goodness since any show I like gets canned within the first few airings.

I was intrigued by the show from the get go, primarily because of the presence of its talented stars, Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson. Then, as you observed, it just kept getting better. Person of Interest has reinforced my long held belief that there is no substitute for taut writing, talented performers, and the avoidance of soap opera elements. It scores high on all three criteria, it seems to me.
post #473 of 2036
Liked the stars but was disappointed in the show at the start. Ending of "Cura Te Ipsum" kicked it over into the plus for me as I watch few shows, was desperate for a TV show to watch and was about to drop it. Agree that "The Fix" continued the improvement. Interesting how writers need runway to develop their characters.

I'm a computer communications industry guy and the computer stuff while fanciful has enough substance to not be annoying. Well done. As an amateur astronomer I can't watch most Sci-Fi because it's so poorly done from a science perspective that it's disconcerting and distracting.
post #474 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

Baby Killing is wrong!

Reese put up a great fight getting the baby back, and I enjoyed all the twists and turns.

I love the scene where Reese takes the baby outside, and says he is teaching her how to work undercover.

lol

As he's carrying the baby, and the girls in the park fawn over her, he's gotta be thinking, "I'm a single guy, ex-CIA agent. How the heck did I get roped into this?" In a serious show, that bit was awesomely funny.

It was a case where the POI was a true innocent.
post #475 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Liked the stars but was disappointed in the show at the start. Ending of "Cura Te Ipsum" kicked it over into the plus for me as I watch few shows, was desperate for a TV show to watch and was about to drop it. Agree that "The Fix" continued the improvement. Interesting how writers need runway to develop their characters.

I'm a computer communications industry guy and the computer stuff while fanciful has enough substance to not be annoying. Well done. As an amateur astronomer I can't watch most Sci-Fi because it's so poorly done from a science perspective that it's disconcerting and distracting.

At least the tech Finch uses on the show is not the Star Trek-level gear we are supposed to buy as "real" on CSI. But then again, Finch did move an entire island with nothing more than a glowing frozen donkey wheel in another life.....
post #476 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Ending of "Cura Te Ipsum" kicked it over into the plus for me...

Thanks for the "+1"

"Help me make a good decision" was a great line, and delivered perfectly by J.C. It kinda reminded of me of "Make my day" (from Dirty Harry).
post #477 of 2036
CBS announced today that Finch and Reese have been renewed for a second season!
post #478 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

CBS announced today that Finch and Reese have been renewed for a second season!

excellent ...
post #479 of 2036
Great news!
post #480 of 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

CBS announced today that Finch and Reese have been renewed for a second season!

Sad that none of the other characters were renewed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD