or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Outdoor Theaters › Outdoor Theater for Dummies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Outdoor Theater for Dummies

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
i found this site inspirational and a great write up and showed great end results. all components can be fit to all budgets. for those who are afraid of taking a plunge, this can help ease some uncertainties.

http://www.digitaldummies.com/projects/outdoor.asp
post #2 of 18
This web site is the best available resource for those looking to get into the world of outdoor theaters...I started there back in 2007 when I was looking to construct mine and it would not have been possible without their help...just a wonderful group of people...

http://backyardtheater.com/forums/
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
BYT is a great resource for information. I'm guessing if you're a member it's better.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

BYT is a great resource for information. I'm guessing if you're a member it's better.

I just happened to come across them when I was in the process of planing my theater set up and man o man were they such a huge help...could have never pulled it off without them...
post #5 of 18
great resources, thanks for posting these. my wife really wants this at our place.
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
great resources, thanks for posting these. my wife really wants this at our place.
Good Luck...but beware...it can get VERY addicting.
post #7 of 18
I agree about BYT. The only issue I've had is becoming a member there so I can post. I think I submitted for membership about two weeks ago and still haven't been approved. I think it's a manual process.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball3r View Post

I agree about BYT. The only issue I've had is becoming a member there so I can post. I think I submitted for membership about two weeks ago and still haven't been approved. I think it's a manual process.

What was the username you were trying to submit...I will send a message to the admin for you to speed up the process ball3r...
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Train View Post

What was the username you were trying to submit...I will send a message to the admin for you to speed up the process ball3r...

It was "madgame". Thanks for the help.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball3r View Post

It was "madgame". Thanks for the help.

Well, the admin said he just missed your application because he gets quite a few these days but went on to say that he sent you an activation e-mail this afternoon which should get you up and running on BYT.com...see you there.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Train View Post

Well, the admin said he just missed your application because he gets quite a few these days but went on to say that he sent you an activation e-mail this afternoon which should get you up and running on BYT.com...see you there.

Got it. Thanks for that. I don't understand why it's still a manual process though. Oh well.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
i dont understand it either.... i mean i've sent mine in a month ago now. whatever
post #13 of 18
This is what the admin told me when I asked him what was going on...

Quote:


Honestly, I probably missed him in a load of link spammer accounts. I get 20-30 of them a day from all around the world (all they want is a way to link to their websites for link juice in the search engines) and some nights I'm just a little too quick to skip over (or miss) legit users. I just sent him an activation email.

...so if anyone sends him a request, and does not hear anything, just send me the username you sent in your request and I will contact him directly for you...
post #14 of 18
I think he missed mine too - been at least a month... Think I used the same user name I have on here - Dart23.
Can you have him check?

Thanks...
post #15 of 18
Done...I'll let you know what's up when he gets back to me.
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart23 View Post

I think he missed mine too - been at least a month... Think I used the same user name I have on here - Dart23.
Can you have him check?

Thanks...

Admin sent you an activation e-mail Dart...see you there!
post #17 of 18
Finally in... Thanks Krazy
post #18 of 18
Anytime Dart...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Outdoor Theaters
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Outdoor Theaters › Outdoor Theater for Dummies