As I said in my last PM, I saw that you was requesting HW30ES 3D sync plug pinout to link this output to your MonsterVision 3D glasses RF dongle.
I've been studying the VW90ES Service Manual in here : http://www.blanca.com/HT/VW90service.pdf
an finally found the information.
In the schematics diagram of the main board of the PJ named QA(2/3) in top of the page #107), I've been able to catch the required informations.There is three main 3D signals that are been used by Sony to drive the external TMR-PJ1 IR 3D glasses emitter :
- "EMIT_DET" input is pulled-up internally to +3.3V by R1155. It is used to tell the projector if the TMR-PJ1 is connected to the RJ45 plug. This signal is connected at RJ 45 pin#3.
- "EMIT_SYNC" is the well known L/R 3D Sync signal (the one used in the 3D Stereo VESA connector). This signal is connected at RJ 45 pin#4.
- "EMIT_STR" (for "Emiter Signal Strenght") is a Sony specific signal to be able to change the brightness of the internal or external 3D sync IR LEDs (to increase the range of 3D IR signal). This signal is connected at RJ 45 pin#6
- In this RJ45 socket plug there is also two pins (#1 and #2) that are providing +12VDC power to the external IR blaster (TMR-PJ1). The Ground return are on pin#7/8
You can have a look on the complete pinout of this RJ45 socket in the middle of page #149 (connector reference CN1101).
So here is the cable diagram to convert Sony RJ45 3D port to the MonsterVision MAX 3D glasses RF dongle SONY (RJ45) to MonsterVision MAX 3D jack 3.5mm TRRS :
Here is the RJ45 pining :
- Pin#3 of the RJ45 must be connected to the Ground (Pin#7/8 of the RJ45)
- Pin#7/8 of the RJ45 to the Pin A of the TRRS jack (Sleeve)
- "EMIT_SYNC" signal (pin#4 of the RJ45) must be linked to the signal "STEREO SYNC (L/R)" Pin C of TRRS jack (first ring)
It is also mandatory that you may be able to power the MV dongle using Sony's projector +12VDC power output (Pin#1/2 of the RJ45) to the pin B of the TRRS jack (second ring) HOWEVER, you have to add a linear regulator (i.e. LM7805) in serial to convert the 12VDC voltage to 5VDC power accepted by MV dongle
That's it, it should work nice for VW30ES, for VW90ES and for VW95ES
Let me know if this help you a bit
This adaptor cable for MV (and maybe Optoma) RF emitter dongle is interresting for four main reasons :
- Removing the remaining L/R ghosting that is to be seen through original Sony glasses
- A better reliability of the RF link with the glasses than using IR (no more loss of sync to be seen).
- The complete 3D sync signal IR removal for glasses that is often generating issues with others IR commands from remotes that drives HT gears (i.e Oppo with Samsung gglasses IR signal
- The ability to use the cheaper-than-MV solution : Optoma RF glasses (that lack of IR spy receiver). To be confirmed.
It is mandatory that on the VW90/95ES projectors (it's due to their HW) : plugin in this adaptor cable to PJ will stops the projector embedded IR sync. signal so you can't use both Sony and MV/optoma glasses in the same time but who wants to keep those "ghosty" Sony glasses after seeing the MV/optoma glasses benefit ? For those who still wanna do so, they still allowed to use the TMR-PJ1 external IR emitter with this adaptor cable in parallel (over the TMR-PJ1 RJ45 cable).
For the VW30ES, it's a slight different story : if this adaptor cable is uses in parallel (over the RJ45 cable) of the TMR-PJ1 external IR emitter, then you can still use both Sony and MV/optoma glasses together.
Hope this helps understanding this mod. cable