or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › When do the 2012 Panasonic VT series come out?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When do the 2012 Panasonic VT series come out?

post #1 of 969
Thread Starter 
Would like to get the 65 inch model
post #2 of 969
2012
post #3 of 969
Generally in the spring so April-May of next year. Why wait?
post #4 of 969
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post

Generally in the spring so April-May of next year. Why wait?


I have a panasonic GT25 50 ", it is fine for now.
I am hearing the 2012 models will have the ability to calibrate the colors through the hardware with a calibrator sensor
also im sure the black levels will increase.
I had a 58" V10 but the ex took it , lol , and yes i paid for it with my own money

so i think a VT40 will be a nice upgrade the VT 30 does not interest me
post #5 of 969
Are you sure that there will be a VT40 next year?
post #6 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post

Generally in the spring so April-May of next year. Why wait?


What he said.
post #7 of 969
Thread Starter 
in 2009 VT10 came out, 2010 VT20, 2011 VT30

so what makes you think there will not be a VT 40 in 2012?
Whatever the name is the flagship 2012 panasonic will be my next buy.

VX300 is too expensive and not worth the dough
post #8 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

in 2009 VT10 came out, 2010 VT20, 2011 VT30

so what makes you think there will not be a VT 40 in 2012?
Whatever the name is the flagship 2012 panasonic will be my next buy.

VX300 is too expensive and not worth the dough

lmao.

1) Prices havent even been announced

2) Not worth the dough? How did you come to this amazing conclusion? Especially when NOBODY has even got their hands on one. You dont know what you are talking about
post #9 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

in 2009 VT10 came out, 2010 VT20, 2011 VT30

There was no VT10 in 2009. And the 2009 Flagship was the Z1.


Quote:
so what makes you think there will not be a VT 40 in 2012?

A Panasonic insider on another forum said there might not be a VT40 next year.


Quote:
Whatever the name is the flagship 2012 panasonic will be my next buy.

But what if that flagship turns out to have rising whites or fluctuating darkness?


Quote:
VX300 is too expensive and not worth the dough

It may end up being very expensive, but would still be worth it to some people.
post #10 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3reach View Post

lmao.

1) Prices havent even been announced

2) Not worth the dough? How did you come to this amazing conclusion? Especially when NOBODY has even got their hands on one. You dont know what you are talking about

What are you laughing about- this is just like reading your VX300 thread
post #11 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau View Post

What are you laughing about- this is just like reading your VX300 thread

How so? I havent made any baseless assumptions about it. I am waiting till they are released to judge them, which is what this guy needs to do.
post #12 of 969
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau View Post

What are you laughing about- this is just like reading your VX300 thread

LMAO,
Yea i guess thats where i came to the conclusion the the VX300 was like 6k dollars.
I read the VX300 thread. Also i plan on getting a 60" plus TV so you are telling me its going to be under 4000 dollars for a VX300 hahah.
post #13 of 969
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post





There was no VT10 in 2009. And the 2009 Flagship was the Z1.


A Panasonic insider on another forum said there might not be a VT40 next year.
Yeap it will be out, if its not a VT40 it will be called something else. The Z1 was just a ultra skinny plasma in 2009 and from what i know did not match the VT Performance.


But what if that flagship turns out to have rising whites or fluctuating darkness?

I will most likely not upgrade or look else where. VT series Panasonic TVs are the best out there.
I highly doubt panasonic will ever get defeated by samsung or LG in regards to plasma technology. I will not go LED. I guess i could be cool and get a LED with a tiny bezel or ultra thin tv> Other people who come to the house would think oh cool that tv is so high tech because it is skinny and the colors and whites are so bright. But i would know if i wanted accurate colors and top notch response time , and viewing angles oh and blakcs i should of stuck with panasonic top tier tvs i.e. GT30, VT35. The VT series or something else will come along and will hop on it.


It may end up being very expensive, but would still be worth it to some people.

I could easily buy any tv, but tvs are a depreciating asset , that small percentage of people that purchase a 4k tv probably live in a small apartment with no real bills or are just rich. The average person doesnt spend more than 3k on a tv.
post #14 of 969
every single year..when do the 09, 10, 11, 12...just wait for the 2020 version i think you are going to be impressed.
post #15 of 969
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

every single year..when do the 09, 10, 11, 12...just wait for the 2020 version i think you are going to be impressed.

Nah i am going to get a 2012 i upgrade every 2-3 years
post #16 of 969
I'm hoping the VT35 will be a bigger improvement over the previous model than the VT30was over the VT25. While there was an improvement in the PQ it was very small. I'm looking forward to the day when I can look at a TV and say - wow this is a much better picture than the much older Kuro.
post #17 of 969
Any credible rumors about the VT35? I really want to replace one of my TVs within the next few months.
post #18 of 969
post #19 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post

2012 name will be Smart Vierahttp://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1315304644

Thanks! That is great news about the larger sizes! I certainly hope they will consider 4K res for the larger screens. Although there isn't much native 4K media, a 1080p BR disc would look much better if it was upscaled to 4K on a large screen. I have plenty of DVDs that look great with my oppo upscaling them to 1080.

While small screens look OK at lower resolutions, once you exceed 70" it really is nice to have higher that 1080p. They've been showing 4K screens off at CES for a few years now and while I really really want to upgrade my old 65" TV, I'm not going to until I can get a 4K set.
post #20 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

I'm looking forward to the day when I can look at a TV and say - wow this is a much better picture than the much older Kuro.

Not gonna happen. You can quote me on it.
post #21 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

every single year..when do the 09, 10, 11, 12...just wait for the 2020 version i think you are going to be impressed.

Well Said !

By the way will plasma tv technology last so long ? i.e 2020 version

love,
kris.
post #22 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

Not gonna happen. You can quote me on it.

You sound like people who said going to the moon was a pipe dream. Don't be a nay sayer.

It is going to happen.

You can quote me on it.
post #23 of 969
I feel that the VT30 model is basically a VT25 without fluctuating black levels...

I would like to see the VT35 or VT40 have even better black levels. Although, I'm very impressed with my VT30's black levels.
post #24 of 969
I keep hoping there will be some substantail rumors on new models. I want to replace my BR TV but the VT30 won't quite justify the upgrade. Perhaps the VT35 will.
post #25 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelf17 View Post

You sound like people who said going to the moon was a pipe dream. Don't be a nay sayer.

It is going to happen.

You can quote me on it.

I think it's going to take another technology to rival the 500m. Plasma and LCD won't do it, so we wait for OLED. If it never comes to fruition then it'll be at least another decade IMO. Basically don't get your hopes up.
post #26 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

I have a panasonic GT25 50 ", it is fine for now.
I am hearing the 2012 models will have the ability to calibrate the colors through the hardware with a calibrator sensor
also im sure the black levels will increase.

so i think a VT40 will be a nice upgrade the VT 30 does not interest me

Why would you say that the black levels will increase?
post #27 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

I think it's going to take another technology to rival the 500m. Plasma and LCD won't do it, so we wait for OLED. If it never comes to fruition then it'll be at least another decade IMO. Basically don't get your hopes up.

I thought the 500m was plasma. It seems sad that 4 years later or however long it has been that Panasonic's plasmas don't surpass old technology.
post #28 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

It seems sad that 4 years later or however long it has been that Panasonic's plasmas don't surpass old technology.

It seems sad that 10 years later or however long it has been that Pioneer, Panasonic, or anyone else hasn't surpassed old technology. (I'm referencing the Sony 34XBR960. Screen size yes but PQ no)
post #29 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

It seems sad that 10 years later or however long it has been that Pioneer, Panasonic, or anyone else hasn't surpassed old technology. (I'm referencing the Sony 34XBR960. Screen size yes but PQ no)

Possibly for blacks and contrast, but that CRT cannot come close to the clean, natural focus and resolution of high quality plasma or LED.
post #30 of 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

I thought the 500m was plasma. It seems sad that 4 years later or however long it has been that Panasonic's plasmas don't surpass old technology.

I think Sharp is on to something with their Elite and within 2-3 years (or sooner) of refinement and maturity it will surpass the Kuro. Of course, I'm not referring to off-axis viewing.

However, like CRT, some may prefer the 'look' of plasma over LED.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › When do the 2012 Panasonic VT series come out?