or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › The "I'll demo my speakers for other enthusiasts" thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "I'll demo my speakers for other enthusiasts" thread - Page 5

post #121 of 179
Jonesborough, TN

5.2 HSU set-up consisting of 4 HB1's, an HC1, and 2 VTF3 mk 3's
post #122 of 179
Anchorage, AK

5.1 Setup, 2 Cerwin Vega MX-400 Mains, 2 Infinity RS7 as surrounds, Denon 3312CI, 200wpc Kenwood amp for mains, and a 8" "The Speaker Company" subwoofer.
post #123 of 179
wayne county, Michigan

B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS, DS7, ASW 855 sub. (waiting on wire transfer for sale)** selling the sub separate

Mcintosh MC501 (2), MC205, MX-136 (waiting on wire transfer)

DIY QSC 2150 for HT with DIY 120" screen, 3d projector *probably buying a Denon receiver

Had to downsize my audio gear, not to mention all the McIntosh gear and B&W speakers will buy allow me to pay cash for a new vehicle and still leaves money for my DIY project.
post #124 of 179
bumping this thread, because it deserves it.

doesn't look like the summary post has been updated in at least a month, either. eek.gif
post #125 of 179
Posting this for anyone who is in New England and interested in finding out how 'the other half lives' (aka: people who build their own speakers) . If this post is not appropriate here, I will take it down. Please don't respond to this post to avoid clutter...I will provide details via PM.

I will be hosting an event on November 10 in Middletown, RI (near Newport).

This is a DIY speaker event, and sort of last minute due to postponement of a longstanding New England event. I thought it might be appropriate in this thread, as it is a chance for people to listen to speakers that they otherwise would have no way to hear. Anyone is welcome and since it is very informal (not a competition as many DIY events are) stop by for an hour, or all day.

Again, please PM for details.
post #126 of 179
For anyone in the Kansas City area this weekend we will be demoing the JTR Neosis speakers, among others in Swope Park starting tomorrow at 10:30AM.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438080/kansas-city-speaker-g2g-and-barbecue-in-the-park-november-2012/0_20
post #127 of 179
Salt Lake City, Utah - 7.2 setup, Andrew Jones Series 1 FS51 towers for LR, Andrew Jones Series 1 C21 center, Mirage Nanosats for surrounds, 2 Klipsch RW12D subwoofers, Denon 2112 receiver. - mgrotel

please add to the list, thanks
post #128 of 179
can we make this a sticky? if this would have been at the top when i was researching speakers for my theater room, this would have been extremely helpful and i would have been able to listen to at least one other setup before even buying anything. sticky please?!?
post #129 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrotel View Post

can we make this a sticky? if this would have been at the top when i was researching speakers for my theater room, this would have been extremely helpful and i would have been able to listen to at least one other setup before even buying anything. sticky please?!?

The question really should be is there anyone who doesn't want to see this and the Subwoofer Demo Threads sticky? Come on mods, get with the program ...

Oh, and please edit my listing on page 1. I now have JTR Noesis 212HT-LP speakers as the LCR's.
post #130 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

The question really should be is there anyone who doesn't want to see this and the Subwoofer Demo Threads sticky? Come on mods, get with the program ...
Oh, and please edit my listing on page 1. I now have JTR Noesis 212HT-LP speakers as the LCR's.

Notable improvement over the Triple 12's? I heard them at Gorilla's GTG last month and they sounded phenomenal, but I haven't hat a chance to hear the Triple 12's as of yet. It it one of those "yeah it's an improvement" or is it a "OMG Crazy improvement" scenario?

Seaton's 8C's were outstanding for their small size and I understand they are (eh-um) very similar to the JTR Triple 8's.
post #131 of 179
Anyone in the DMV area or within a couple hours driving have the JTR Triple 8's or 12's they would be willing to demo?

Please let me know thanks!
post #132 of 179
Chicago area.

12x20x7.5 room
4Pi L/C/R
Chase SHO-10 side surrounds
Ascend CBM-170 rear surrounds
Denon 4311ci
Chase CS18.2 powered by iNuke 3000DSP
a pair of Epik Legends
post #133 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Notable improvement over the Triple 12's? I heard them at Gorilla's GTG last month and they sounded phenomenal, but I haven't hat a chance to hear the Triple 12's as of yet. It it one of those "yeah it's an improvement" or is it a "OMG Crazy improvement" scenario?
Seaton's 8C's were outstanding for their small size and I understand they are (eh-um) very similar to the JTR Triple 8's.

In the area of sound quality it is all subjective. The new CD Jeff is using in the Noesis has a flatter FR, less distortion and is capable of higher SLP. The horn narrows (slightly) the dispersion pattern which helps minimize room reflections. As I continue to listen to them I gain new appreciation as I listen to my favorite music and movie sountracks,

If this all sounds familiar, that because virtually everyone here says good to great things about their new speakers, That is why this thread is so important (and should be sticky) . I hope that purbeast gets a chance to hear the Triple 12's because they are the speakers that made me realize that my expensive audiophile speakers were never going to give me the level of performance that I wanted in my Home Theater. It was a demo at the home of a fellow AVS member that enlightened me to that fact. The least I can do is return the favor and so I always try to accommodate these requests.

So to answer your question (if I haven't already tongue.gif), yes, the Noesis are better sounding than the Triple 12's and, I could have very happily lived the rest of my HT days with the Triple 12's as my speakers. The Triple 12's lacked nothing, but the Noesis have a little more of everything. Both of these JTR's sound better and are more capable than many speakers that are much more expensive, IMHO
post #134 of 179
sticky request noted: looking at it

I am trying to get with the program smile.gif
post #135 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I hope that purbeast gets a chance to hear the Triple 12's because they are the speakers that made me realize that my expensive audiophile speakers were never going to give me the level of performance that I wanted in my Home Theater. It was a demo at the home of a fellow AVS member that enlightened me to that fact. The least I can do is return the favor and so I always try to accommodate these requests.

Yeah, I hope so as well. Regardless, I still think he can't lose by pulling the trigger on the Triple 12's. Sounds like you try to educate those who are willing to listen, so they don't make the same mistakes that most of us have to make in order to achieve satisfaction. I guess its human nature, like when your mom told you not to touch the stove because you will get burned… Seems like 95% of us didn't believe her and had to experience it for ourselves…

I hope I didn't scare him off with my extremely bright un-calibrated Klipsch setup. Not all horns have to rape your ear drums like how I had my RF-7II's set. Having heard the 8C's, with them being more dynamic than the RF-7II's, I can only imagine how effortless the Triple 12's are when being pushed to reference and beyond.

When I heard the Noesis, they sounded superb at low volumes but no one ever gave me the remote control, so I didn't get to really test how "dynamic" they can get… Me with volume control = People usually leaving the room…

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

So to answer your question (if I haven't already tongue.gif), yes, the Noesis are better sounding than the Triple 12's and, I could have very happily lived the rest of my HT days with the Triple 12's as my speakers. The Triple 12's lacked nothing, but the Noesis have a little more of everything. Both of these JTR's sound better and are more capable than many speakers that are much more expensive, IMHO

Great to hear… Sounds like they are on my short list when it comes time to move on to my next space!
post #136 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

sticky request noted: looking at it
I am trying to get with the program smile.gif

Thanks Mark smile.gif
post #137 of 179
You can update mine as well, I have Dual stacked BFM DR-250's for the front stage.
post #138 of 179
Stickied!
post #139 of 179
Thread Starter 
Reminder set on my phone to absolutely update first post when I get off work. Sorry for the delays guys. Always busy.
post #140 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysersose View Post

Stickied!

Cool, thanks!
post #141 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash View Post

Reminder set on my phone to absolutely update first post when I get off work. Sorry for the delays guys. Always busy.

Hi Brandon,

First, thanks for doing this and I hope it isn't too time consuming for you. Too bad others can't help you keep it updated ...

On that topic, please update my config to :JTR Noesis 212 HT-LP's as my LCR's (replaced the Triple 12's). You might also mention the dual Orbit Shifter subs ... wink.gif
post #142 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Hi Brandon,
First, thanks for doing this and I hope it isn't too time consuming for you. Too bad others can't help you keep it updated ...
On that topic, please update my config to :JTR Noesis 212 HT-LP's as my LCR's (replaced the Triple 12's). You might also mention the dual Orbit Shifter subs ... wink.gif

Separate thread for the Shifters buddy!

I see you still need to add me.

popalock, Klipsch RF-7II Reference 5.1 setup, Chantilly, VA
post #143 of 179
Central New Jersey

B&W CM9
B&W CMC2
B&W CM5
An old small Kenwood sub, live in a condo and I don't want to rattle the neighbors

powered by Anthem MRX 700
post #144 of 179
Thread Starter 
First post updated. Again, sorry it took so long.
post #145 of 179
Central Arkansas

3 Ascend regular Sierra 1's across front. various side and rear speakers for 7-channel surround
Onkyo 805 AVR
Oppo 983 SACD player

arkiedan
post #146 of 179
Brandon, Please update my thread to include eD Cinema12 front soundstage and JTR Noesis 228HT front soundstage as well as the Wharfedales previously mentioned. Apparently I'm just collecting at this point! tongue.gif

Thanks man!
post #147 of 179
Philly Burbs (Hatfield, PA)

Phil 2's
Ascend 170 SE (Surrounds)
Rythmik FV15HP
post #148 of 179
Bump

Cool idea.

posted in wrong thread tongue.gif
Edited by Jon_B - 3/12/13 at 9:23pm
post #149 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post

Bump

This would great to attend. Fun to meet other forum members and hear such a diverse lineup of speakers.
??

What attending? This thread is about people sharing their homes with someone interested in particular speaker setups they have. There are indeed GTGs posted occsionally (get to-gethers, why they aren't just a GT I don't know, probably guys would get confused with cars or something smile.gif ).
post #150 of 179
Add me to the list.

All are welcome. If you are from out of state and are in the L.A. area I would be happy to give you a demo.

Long Beach, CA

7.1 system

3 Gold Triads up front
4 Silver Triads for surrounds
4 12" Boston Acoustic passive subs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › The "I'll demo my speakers for other enthusiasts" thread