Originally Posted by DavidK442
Basicaly, yes. They have gotten me out of some pretty hairy jams working on my car before.
Some pointers. It is typically easier to first drill into the broken bolt end using a fairly small bit to make a pilot hole, then step the bit size up from there.
For the final hole size you will want to be as large as possible but still leave enough side wall to get a solid bite.
Rather than use a drill in reverse on the easy-out you will want to use a wrench at least until the lag bolt starts to back out - better control and more power manually.
Also, you might need to give the end of the easy-out a little tap with a hammer as you first turn it to make sure it seats into the pilot hole.
Yup, broken bolts are the most fun I have ever had laying on my back in the drive way.
Thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense to me now. Uggh I can’t imagine having to do that on a car, what a PITA that would be.
My directv issue has been solved, don’t ask me how. Originally it said it couldn’t connect and that one of the issues could be from a unit that has been disconnected for a long time and the solution was to reset it. I did that and then I got the 771 error. The solution for that was to unplug the power but keep the coax on and the reattach the AC. That brought me back to the original err and said I may need to call to get the unit connected again. So I call the tech support number and before I could punch in the error code/extension number it just came on; go figure.
Either way I was able to watch Walking Dead in the theater; armless office chair and thin cushion be damned! My wife of course couldn’t tell any difference but the black levels were much better than before and the image is crisper (I used Brave to fine tune that). I also finally got my zoom to work properly, I always had to manually move the image vertically before but I think I have it dialed in now which is good.
Couple of quick shots below of the new sconce. This was before I put the PJ back up and connected the components. I still can’t find the rear surround brackets so I have the speakers on the little shelves. I’m hoping that once everything that has been packed away is brought out they will turn up.
I just have a point in shoot so these were the best I could do, same shot but two different exposure levels:
The photos make it look a lot darker than it is, I don't have the switch plate on yet as it was still drying so the metal is reflecting on the left. The two blue spots near the floor are my powered L/R channels.Edited by design1stcode2nd - 3/19/13 at 12:44pm