I hope everyone has been doing well, I haven’t been on all that much recently.
We just had our biggest audience this past weekend for my daughters 8th birthday. We squeezed 10 kids and two adults into the theater. The two adults were only in occasionally to make sure the girls didn't destroy the place.
I made some masking panels a while ago and while I’m not in love with them they work. The main issue I ran into is my screen half fell off the wall taking the panels off! My screen is now crooked and its driving me nuts.
I really hate the clips holding my screen up and I’m going to make a French cleat for it ASAP. One thing I’m going to look at is adding some sort of threaded bumper on the bottom corners so I can finally make sure the screen is plum. It always angled in a bit at the bottom as the cleats pushed out the top. I added some wood blocks at the bottom but it must not have been enough.
I have some left over 1x6 I am planning on using for the French cleat so I’ll make my 45 degree rip, drill some holes and see how it goes. I just want to be careful screwing into the back of the screen. I have to say I’m a bit nervous changing anything since its’ been working so well so far.