or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Yamo C80 sub...your thoughts on this one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamo C80 sub...your thoughts on this one

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I kinda bumped into a Jamo showroom today and though i'd have a sub demo as i was on the lookout for one and I have not really heard or observed a sub play before. I had a quick demo for music alone with and without the sub playing.

What do you guys feel about this 1800W, 2 10' driver sub? It costs around $500...& $750 on amazon.
On a scale of 1-10 where would you guys rate this for a price of around $450 to $550.
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaQBlogs View Post

I kinda bumped into a Jamo showroom today and though i'd have a sub demo as i was on the lookout for one and I have not really heard or observed a sub play before. I had a quick demo for music alone with and without the sub playing.

What do you guys feel about this 1800W, 2 10' driver sub? It costs around $500...& $750 on amazon.
On a scale of 1-10 where would you guys rate this for a price of around $450 to $550.

You can get the C80 from www.vanns.com for $500 delivered.

Couple months ago they had the much more expensive Jamo D7 on sale for $500. One member bought 2 at that price, but ended up upgrading in a pretty short period of time.

On a scale from 1-10, I would rate the C80 a 4 (four) at anywhere near $500
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

You can get the C60 from www.vanns.com for $500 delivered.

Couple months ago they had the much more expensive Jamo D7 on sale for $500. One member bought 2 at that price, but ended up upgrading in a pretty short period of time.

On a scale from 1-10, I would rate the C80 a 4 (four) at anywhere near $500

Considering that you rated the C80 a 4, how would you rate one of Rythmik FV12, HSU VTF-2. I havent heard any good subs. HSU & Rythmiks are not available in my country. Only SVS, but in a different city. hence getting a few inputs from multiple views and trying to listen to a few subs before I buy one.
I was recommended one of VTF-2, FV12 & Legend.
post #4 of 14
Considering that this was one of Jamos flagship subs from their Concert series (great speakers btw) I would guess that it is worth a look. From what I've read, it can get loud and is very good with music but deep bass extension isn't all the great compared to the ID offerings. I would consider one of these subs for a 2.1 music system and not so much movies.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando View Post

Considering that this was one of Jamos flagship subs from their Concert series (great speakers btw) I would guess that it is worth a look. From what I've read, it can get loud and is very good with music but deep bass extension isn't all the great compared to the ID offerings. I would consider one of these subs for a 2.1 music system and not so much movies.

I heard the Jamo with a pair of Yamo towers. I could barely make out if the sub was playing or not playing, with my eyes closed asked the dealer to switch it on and off. The dealer said something like the Jamo towers is great with bass and hence you dont make out the difference .
I had auditioned a Polk sub recently and that I could know when the sub was on and off, tested with eyes closed again.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaQBlogs View Post

I heard the Jamo with a pair of Yamo towers. I could barely make out if the sub was playing or not playing, with my eyes closed asked the dealer to switch it on and off. The dealer said something like the Jamo towers is great with bass and hence you dont make out the difference .
I had auditioned a Polk sub recently and that I could know when the sub was on and off, tested with eyes closed again.

The dealer didn't have the sub set-up properly. With its level set right, you should be able to hear a distinct difference with the sub on and then off. Course you need a source with some bass in it, and not violin concertos. Seems like the dealer was trying to sell you the Jamo towers.

After finding this review:http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...ystem?page=0,1

I am revising my rating to 7.5 out of 10. Look on the right side of the page for the test results. "The C80 sub had unusually good dynamic uniformity, hitting 104 db or greater SPL from 32-62Hz and max SPL of 107 db at 62 Hz."
post #7 of 14
Anyone else own or have experience with this sub??

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...b?SSAID=182810
post #8 of 14
Is that a dual opposed driver setup like a mini seaton submersive?
post #9 of 14
Yes it is a dual opposed driver.
Jaco C80 line is a very high quality speakers. A few day ago the c80sub was on sale at vanns $300!!!
I guess in a medium size room in a corner and with some room gain will be a very good sub!! (if you can get it for less than $600)


By mardelgo at 2012-03-12


By mardelgo at 2012-03-10
post #10 of 14
I am looking at this sub to go with my walnut finish 10" dual opposed sealed sub in approx 2600cuft room. Wondering if it will provide decent output down to 20hz in tandem with my other 10" dual opposed sub. The sub will be placed just inside the lt front speaker. The current sub is just inside rt front speaker. I was also looking at Epik Legend but might go with Jamo due to closely matched finish even if I give up some performance. I am looking for something that will perform well in 25-60hz range.
post #11 of 14
Anybody with any thoughts on Jamo C80 sub? Very hard to find reviews on this sub except for S&V. It did quite well in a 7500sqft room in S&V test therefore I am guessing that it will do even better in my 286sqft dedicated room matched with another 10" dual opposed sub.
post #12 of 14
You will give up a lot of performance over the Epik. What other sub do you have? It can be difficult to get two different subs to work well together.
post #13 of 14
My other sub is also 10" dual opposed sub from a German company called T+A. I am willing to give up some performance for aesthetic match. Considering how well this sub performed in S&V test in a rather large 7500cuft room I am guessing that it will have no problem with pressurizing my 2600cuft room in tandem with my current sub. I am not necessarily looking for ultra low stuff as long as it performs well from 25hz & above.
post #14 of 14
Amp on the bottom? Shrewd. I'm sure that's great for heat dissipation and ease of cabling.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Yamo C80 sub...your thoughts on this one