Originally Posted by Roshy
Carpet was installed Monday. While we were waiting for them to come, and while they were carpetting, my dad and I started on some of the frames. Got 11 of the 24 planned frames nailed and glued together.
With the wood glue and clamps, I could make a frame about every 45 minutes, but once the carpet was installed, going to make frames constantly started to get in the way, so we stopped working on them to get the more major things done.
Here are before and after carpet:
Second last day of work before my dad leaves for back home, so we were really trying to get a lot done. We got all the new light fixtures, receptacles and switches on, and started building the wooden frame for the screen wall.
Here you can see the new lighting we added, all on full blast. I bought those RF controlled switches by Lutron, so I can adjust them wirelessly. The two big pot lights make a horrible ringing noise now after changing to the new switch though, so I'll need to find some better bulbs.
Wired up the 7.2 surround sound plate, but theres too many cable to shove back into the wall, so it will be hanging for a while until I rig some type of patch panel for it. I also forgot to buy a plate from monoprice for the height speakers beside it, so I have to get that still. Sure was a pain putting all the cables into that wall plate.. they really should make it at least a 3 gang plate.
Frame at the front is started.
Forgot to take any pics this day. But we finished the wood for the front wall, put in the plywood in the ceiling that will be used for the projector mount, and rigged up some surround sound mounts. My dad also left this day to go back home, so will be much slower going since theres only one of me now, and I have no clue what I'm doing
Didn't get a ton done Thursday, mudded the air vents that we didn't get a chance to do previously and cut the wood needed for the bass traps on the sides. I also did an hours worth of vacuuming to clean up
Here are a couple pics of the speaker mounts we made the previous day.
Today I caulked and primed the surround speaker mounts, installed the wood frame for the bass traps, primed the inside of the air vents, and primed the front wall.
Here you can see the front wall before priming, right after I finished added the wood for the bass traps. You can see the cavities we made to add the speaker faceplates in the wall.
After priming and a lot of vacuuming.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get everything painted black that I primed today, and will be able to start adding the insulation to the front wall. I'm really not looking forward to adding the fabric. I still don't have a good idea for how to make it look good, and also cover up the staples after.