Originally Posted by malelan
Tons of questions, great thread. Hopefully you can find some time to answer these questions at work or something, as to not interrupt your home productivity!
it seems like myself and others are curious about alot of your equipment, i've read your other thread for the last place you lived in, so i'm familier with some of the equipment you have, but theres obviously alot more. I think it would be unrealistic to ask for a complete list (unless you actually have this laying around!) but for starters, how about this.
- What is inside the boxes behind the tv's, part numbers etc? purpose of some of the equipment if non-standard?
- What is in the rack?
- in wall/ceiling speakers?
- outdoor speakers (post above mine)
next question is about control4, i'm not sure if you post in the home automation forum (seems kinda dead at the moment) so i'll ask my question here.
i've having an extremely difficult time sourcing control4 components, can you not buy/sell this stuff without a license? (i know you said you were in the industry previously) is there a reputable online dealer, or do you have a local source? is there a place to source used equipment? can you provide a general topography for your control4 network and how you are using it? or how you plan to use it when everything is complete?
Thank you for the encouragement! To answer your questions:
What is inside the boxes behind the tv's, part numbers etc? purpose of some of the equipment if non-standard?
- Surge Protector
- Receiving end of HDMI balun
- Receiving end of component balun (where used)
- Control4 Local Controller HC-200 (Provides on screen GUI and IR or RS-232 control of TV)
What is in the rack? OH MAN
Starting on the top left going down then moving to the right rack
- Panamax M4315 Blue Bolt Surge Protector (Provides individual control of each outlet.
- Stereo Amplifier - For Front Yard Speakers
- Control4 HC-1000 Primary Master Controller
- Control4 HC-300 for Theater
- Control4 HC-300 for Family Room
- Control4 HC-200 for Master Bathroom
- Control4 HC-200 for Office
- Control4 HC-200 for Backyard system
- Control4 IO Extender
- Control4 Audio Matrix
- Panamax 5400 Power Conditioner
- Marantz AV7005 Preamp for Theater
- Marantz Amplifier - Powers Family and Game Room Speakers
- Speakercraft BB1235 - Powers 6 different zones throughout the house.
- Panamax M1000 Batt. Backup
- Security Camera (8 Camera) DVR - Includes offsite backup
- DirecTV HDDVR
- DirecTV HDDVR
- Control IO Extender
- HDMI Matrix
- HDMI Scalar
- Panamax 5100
- Crown 300w Stereo AMP - Master Bedroom
- Crown 400w Stereo AMP - Backyard
- Sherbourn 200wpc AMP - Garage, GYM
Back of Rack
24- Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
8 - Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Apple Airport Exreme
Cable Modem - Motorola Extreme Surfboard