or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Source Components › Panasonic-hdc-z10000-3d-camcorder
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic-hdc-z10000-3d-camcorder - Page 20

post #571 of 580
OK, posted 2 seconds too late. smile.gif
post #572 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

Who do you want to see this video?

Distribution is always a problem, since 720/60p 3D and 1080/24p 3D (in the US) are the only 3D formats that will play in standard Blu-ray 3D players. The implementation of 1080/60i 3D in AVCHD 2.0 players isn't consistent enough (IMO) to feel comfortable that even that small subset of 3D users will be able to watch it.

Basically anyone that I want to share my work with that I know personally.

If it is indeed hardware issue, where a more powerful gpu is needed, most are going to have the same problem. Just in my own home, I don't want to have large Mac Pro's or custom built PC's hooked up in each TV room just so I can play 60p content. A small Mac mini works fine. Easier to just output to 60i so everyone can play it back and not have issues.
post #573 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

Who do you want to see this video?

Distribution is always a problem, since 720/60p 3D and 1080/24p 3D (in the US) are the only 3D formats that will play in standard Blu-ray 3D players. The implementation of 1080/60i 3D in AVCHD 2.0 players isn't consistent enough (IMO) to feel comfortable that even that small subset of 3D users will be able to watch it.

Joe,
If I understand correctly, I believe tomtastic is referring to using 1080 60p for shooting 2D not 3D. If he's planning on sharing it with a lot of people, I can see his point about many people not having the horsepower to play it smoothly and the fact that it can't be put on bluray at that progressive frame rate.
post #574 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post

Basically anyone that I want to share my work with that I know personally.

If it is indeed hardware issue, where a more powerful gpu is needed, most are going to have the same problem. Just in my own home, I don't want to have large Mac Pro's or custom built PC's hooked up in each TV room just so I can play 60p content. A small Mac mini works fine. Easier to just output to 60i so everyone can play it back and not have issues.

Tom,
I find that 1080 60p plays fine coming from 1 computer over my home DLNA network.
post #575 of 580
Yes. 1080 60p.

I suppose it really isn't a big deal. I can output the 60p for each project and save it for whenever 60p is easier to play for everyone, but just distribute a 60i version for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry C View Post


Tom,
I find that 1080 60p plays fine coming from 1 computer over my home DLNA network.

Are you using any media center to play back content? Just wondering if it's just Plex, I haven't tried XBMC or anything others. I know VLC and Plex skip a lot of frames.
post #576 of 580
Gotcha. The topic of playing anything other than 1080/24p or 720/60p has come up a number of times. My bad. smile.gif
post #577 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post

Yes. 1080 60p.

I suppose it really isn't a big deal. I can output the 60p for each project and save it for whenever 60p is easier to play for everyone, but just distribute a 60i version for now.
Are you using any media center to play back content? Just wondering if it's just Plex, I haven't tried XBMC or anything others. I know VLC and Plex skip a lot of frames.


I play back content form my main editing computer with the Nvidia 660ti card either on the computer monitor itself, or from that computer via DLNA to two different bluray players which have DLNA capability. One is a Sony 590 and the other a Panasonic BTD500. Both of them play the 2D 1080 60p just fine without a hickup. Additionally, I have a Toshiba 2tb hard drive plugged into the USB of the Sony 590 and will play the 60p content directly that way as well. Again, no problem playing 60p.
post #578 of 580
I tried playing content that way but found it too hard to get each device to like all of my content. Some devices would play it but only in 2 channel audio, the blu ray player and avr wouldn't play half the content or it took forever to show up. I'll check with the Plex devs and see what's up. It's either hardware or it's not supported yet.
post #579 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post

I tried playing content that way but found it too hard to get each device to like all of my content. Some devices would play it but only in 2 channel audio, the blu ray player and avr wouldn't play half the content or it took forever to show up. I'll check with the Plex devs and see what's up. It's either hardware or it's not supported yet.

If you have an extra hard drive try going directly in to the USB port of a bluray.
post #580 of 580
Except I can't have access to everything that way, only what's on the HDD. It's not a big deal, I'm sure it will get updated so it supports it at some point, for now I'll have to settle for what works.

Edit: just updated my Blu ray player and checked the DLNA. My Plex server shows up fine. I tried playing back the AVCHD 60p content and it looks great, plays back perfect. So one option for viewing now without dropping frames, and I don't have to worry about connecting drives, just have to play it from BD player. I imagine at some point it won't be an issue from Mac mini, for now I might have to view it there.
Edited by tomtastic - 4/18/14 at 11:29am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Source Components
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Source Components › Panasonic-hdc-z10000-3d-camcorder