or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Fright Night (1985) (However limited to 3000 Copies)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fright Night (1985) (However limited to 3000 Copies) - Page 6

post #151 of 388
I will cancel my order if not, I am expecting a review before release like they did with the egyptian.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #152 of 388
They can charge what they wan't for Fright Night, I'll pay for it regardless.
If you have something of value- work it!
post #153 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

For $35 Mysterious Island better be fully restored from the original elements and look stunning. Somehow, I doubt it.

Sony thus far has been doing right by their Harryhausen titles but due to the optical effects, film stock, etc, there's going to be many scenes through this movie that are going to look pretty harsh no matter how good the transfer is just like with 7th Voyage of Sinbad and Jason and the Argonauts which imo, are otherwise very good transfers.
post #154 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post

Sony thus far has been doing right by their Harryhausen titles but due to the optical effects, film stock, etc, there's going to be many scenes through this movie that are going to look pretty harsh no matter how good the transfer is ...

I would prefer variability in scenes, that remains faithful to the source, than the studios process the movie downwards to create uniformity with the worst elements.
post #155 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

For $35 Mysterious Island better be fully restored from the original elements and look stunning. Somehow, I doubt it.

Sony is providing the transfer so it's likely to look just like Jason and the Argonauts and other Harryhausen titles. As the other poster just said, due to all the optical effects there are going to be limits to how "stunning" it can be. It'll be as solid as it can possibly appear, but those effects are never going to look like CGI.
post #156 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

For $35 Mysterious Island better be fully restored from the original elements and look stunning. Somehow, I doubt it.

Somehow you doubt it? Why? Just for fun? I've seen the disc and it's great. It looks better than the Eastman theatrical prints. Excellent color, very sharp in the production photography and the various opticals looks just as they should - a bit soft and grainy, the way multiple pass opitcals do. I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed by this disc. So doubt away, but you're wrong to do so.
post #157 of 388
I hope fright night 2 is offered soon after.
post #158 of 388
it's on sky in hd tonight, looking forward to it
post #159 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by haineshisway View Post

Somehow you doubt it? Why? Just for fun? I've seen the disc and it's great. It looks better than the Eastman theatrical prints. Excellent color, very sharp in the production photography and the various opticals looks just as they should - a bit soft and grainy, the way multiple pass opitcals do. I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed by this disc. So doubt away, but you're wrong to do so.

How did you pull that trick off seeing as it's still being packaged for release?
post #160 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post

How did you pull that trick off seeing as it's still being packaged for release?

Because the co-owner of the company is one of my best friends and he gave me a check disc. Like that.
post #161 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by haineshisway View Post

Somehow you doubt it? Why? Just for fun? I've seen the disc and it's great. It looks better than the Eastman theatrical prints. Excellent color, very sharp in the production photography and the various opticals looks just as they should - a bit soft and grainy, the way multiple pass opitcals do. I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed by this disc. So doubt away, but you're wrong to do so.

Good to hear. You just never know with these catalog titles. Universal and Paramount (as examples of studios with poor track records) have made me jumpy.

The price being asked also should mean some sort of quality, but it's hard to trust home video producers these days.
post #162 of 388
I wouldn't expect Lionsgate to re-release Fright Night Part 2 at any point in the foreseeable future. Thankfully a 2.35:1 HD transfer lives on my Comcast DVR and shall remain until I discover a method to extract it to a BD-r.

*Anyone know how to do this? Please PM me...
post #163 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

I wouldn't expect Lionsgate to re-release Fright Night Part 2 at any point in the foreseeable future. Thankfully a 2.35:1 HD transfer lives on my Comcast DVR and shall remain until I discover a method to extract it to a BD-r.

*Anyone know how to do this? Please PM me...

The way the dvd was put out, no way we will see it again anytime soon
post #164 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by haineshisway View Post

Because the co-owner of the company is one of my best friends and he gave me a check disc. Like that.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.
post #165 of 388
FN is on Sony movie channel this month
post #166 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

My panties are very neatly NOT in a bunch - I simply answered your question. There really is no winning on these boards, is there? You ask, I answer, and MY panties are in a bunch? Look to thine own panties
post #167 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Good to hear. You just never know with these catalog titles. Universal and Paramount (as examples of studios with poor track records) have made me jumpy.

The price being asked also should mean some sort of quality, but it's hard to trust home video producers these days.

Universal I agree with - but some of my most prized Blus are Paramount, so can't agree there.
post #168 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by haineshisway View Post

Because the co-owner of the company is one of my best friends and he gave me a check disc. Like that.

Since you've seen this and the problematic West Side Story I'm hoping you have some details on the upcoming My Fair Lady...did they do a new transfer off the 65MM elements and not use the 35MM IP made for home video back in the 1990s when Robert Harris did the original restoration. The MFL thread on this board has *nothing* and here we are a little more than 2 weeks to street date.
post #169 of 388
The sky version looked great, petty recent looking scan held back by it's budget a little
post #170 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post

Since you've seen this and the problematic West Side Story I'm hoping you have some details on the upcoming My Fair Lady...did they do a new transfer off the 65MM elements and not use the 35MM IP made for home video back in the 1990s when Robert Harris did the original restoration. The MFL thread on this board has *nothing* and here we are a little more than 2 weeks to street date.

Haven't seen the My Fair Lady disc. I'm hoping for the best.
post #171 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by haineshisway View Post

Haven't seen the My Fair Lady disc. I'm hoping for the best.

Recently answering a similar question, Mr. Robert Harris wrote in another forum something like "don't get your hopes too high".

He didn't explain anything, but I guess maybe he found out about the needed new restoration not happening.
post #172 of 388
Thread Starter 
11 days before the Pre-Order goes live.




Fright Night (1985) Specs:
- 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1
- 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English SDH
- Special Features:
- Isolated Score Track / Original Theatrical Trailers
- 1985 / Color
- 106 Minutes
- Limited Edition of 3,000 Units
- $29.95
- Release Date: December 13th, 2011
- Pre-Order Date: November 14th, 2011


Can't wait
post #173 of 388
post #174 of 388
Thread Starter 
3 Days left
post #175 of 388
Thread Starter 
14 hours to go
post #176 of 388
Their site is extremely slow. Must be a lot of people ordering.
post #177 of 388
Their stupid site isn't working at all.
post #178 of 388
I can't even get on the site :/ ridiculas really Sony should just sell this title themslves or give it to image.
post #179 of 388
Just managed to pre order through Amazon, to hell with this crappy companies site.
post #180 of 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post

Just managed to pre order through Amazon, to hell with this crappy companies site.

Huh? Link?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Fright Night (1985) (However limited to 3000 Copies)