Just to clarify for one member that seems to have constant issues with proper interpretation of my posts:
* I NEVER said the Sharp Elite 2nd gen would introduce 'new bugs' IF it is released. Might it? Of course it might and it might be an improvement without any additional 'bugs'. We simply don't know. But I find it reprehensible that this person continues to misquote, embellish and outright DISTORT virtually everything I say.
* As to me downplaying 'potential benefits' of a possible 2nd gen Elite, well, nobody knows what those benefits may be, so how can anyone downplay these 'benefits' when we have absolutely zero confirmation of any additional 'benefits' or if there will even be a 2nd gen Elite. More distortions and embellishments of what I allegedly said
* Did I say it might never be released? Sure, me and MANY others have stated that. That's a possibility, deal with it. The fact is NOBODY knows. It's already been stated by Kdog that Sharp's balance sheet is in dire straights, so his implication that there might not be a 2nd gen is entirely reasonable. Did I ALSO say I hoped there would be a 2nd gen? You BETCHA, why wouldn't I. I'm all in favor (and always have been or I wouldn't be a chronic buyer of 'brand new') of improvements and new generations of improvements. But again, more distortions and embellishments.
* WHERE did I say 4K didn't matter? I DID quote the most respected guy in the HDTV arena, Joe Kane as saying 4K may be disappointing and 'soft' at the beginning. So perhaps someone should take that up with Joe. However, as much as I love new stuff and new tech, I don't approach these things blindly as some do. The reality is that there is no content for 4K, the benefits of 4K when there is content, will best be achieved by very large screens or close viewing distances. Perhaps some have found a way of revising the laws of physics, but those are simply facts. There is a difference between stating facts and saying 4K 'doesn't matter'. But again, to totally misconstrue what I said, and do it deliberately, is reprehensible.
* I don't recall saying the new Elite (if there is one) will be 'expensive', but hey, it's a no-brainer it will be just as the current one is. Again, there is a difference between 'downplaying' and stating facts. Simply and utterly unreal.