Anyone can help / guide me with calibration 70" Elite? Pls.
Sorry, common settings can NOT be applied - those are only starting point as every TV is unique. This is why I got i1D3 (not R2D3).
I use HTPC over HDMI with dot-for-dot over HDMI1.
I'm not sure if I ask those questions here or in Calibration forum.
1. what's recommended target 100% while output for this 70" TV? 120 cd/m2 or 140 or 160 or etc?
I don't watch TV in complete dark, so 120 is kind to dark for a day or lighted evening room - IMHO
2. How to set backlight? How to identify what power LED has to be?
3. How to move Blue to the target from Magenta / Purple zone in CIE to get good D65? This is about primaries.
4. What mode AV Mode to use for Calibration? Standard or Movie or etc?
5. Do calibration settings stored per AV Mode / profile?
6. Why color and light output diff when only part of screen is used vs full screen? I used test color box around colorimeter and readings were diff vs full screen for the same color / grade.
p.s. I'm not TV or Calibrator pro and no plans to use it for make any $, may be just help friends over beer
p.p.s. some buzzwords are very specific to Calibration, so may not be easy to understand if you are not into it (not like I know all those) and as S.M. said - just ask Chad for the work
Any help are very welcome