or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp Elite PRO-70X5 and 60X5 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp Elite PRO-70X5 and 60X5 Owners Thread - Page 407

post #12181 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad10ad View Post

I had the privilege of having my 60” calibrated last weekend by Kevin Miller. Man what a difference Kevin made with my Elite.

I have had it since August (June 2012 build) after Sharp replaced my first set (bad remote sensor). I first used the CNET settings, then some of the other more detailed settings that were posted in this thread. While I was happy with the color accuracy with those settings, I felt that the black levels weren’t as “inky” as I remembered from my first set. Still, I put off having my second set calibrated on the hope that there would be a cyan fix forthcoming—not that the color accuracy bothered me, but I didn’t want to have to have it calibrated twice. Once it became clear that a fix was unlikely, I decided to bite the bullet and have it calibrated.

First of all, Kevin was a pleasure to meet and talk TV tech with.

As for his work—I was really blown away. The black levels and contrast were staggering after he was finished. The picture has much more depth and color vibrancy, without being overpowering. Even the off-axis viewing angle improved—it’s not perfect mind you, nor could it be given the technology—but it seems much better from all corners of the sofa. I’m still spending time with the set on different types of programming, but I couldn’t be happier. Even my wife, who was skeptical about whether we really would see a difference, had to admit the picture was dramatically better.

Kevin, thanks again for such great work!

Hey ad10ad -

Can you please confirm which modes on the TV Kevin calibrated? I and a few other posters here have run into calibrators who were refusing to calibrate the ISF modes on the Elite.

Thanks,
JD
post #12182 of 14509
I would not touch units with sn starting at 211 with a 10-foot pole. 108 starting numbers absolutely impressed me with their greyscale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bziggy View Post

Ok can some one tell me then what serial numbers are the bad ones and to stray away from then ???
post #12183 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz

You should really come to the store near me, but seriously, actually I was told that last 4 units were asked to be brought back to Sharp, supposedly, they want at least look at them. Since Sharp has an office in Illinois this is a just a short drive for the delivery folks.

Magnolia is high-integrity here. If it was reported defective and they all saw evidence, then they will not them put back on the floor even as open box.

Regardless, I am shopping for a different set now but out of curiosity played a grey field on another Elite at the dealer today from 70" was from January 2012 build and grey was absolutely perfect, so all this BS about a little bit of green is on all sets is just that BS. Those that are shopping for an Elite should know Nov2012 DSE is NOT normal and that is why all pre-Nov buyers are so happy with their sets. All pre-Nov2012 sets had almost perfect grey, for sure no green or pink. 2nd pre-Nov set that I saw personally. Just beautiful screen, no DSE, 1 dead pixel but immaculate uniformity on every step of the scale up to Beyond White. All serial on those sets started with 108 vs 211 on the Nov.

Dvzzz I just ordered a 70 from a store in Davenport Iowa , Illinois border. They are not a Magnolia store, however were able to get me a 60 that I am up sizing. The manager said the 70 iwas coming out of the Illinois distribution center and my 60 is a November 2012 that I bought in December. I just paid the difference tonight. Wonder if things will change if Sharp is taking them back?

Dvzzz, I will let you know what build date I got, once it arrives.
post #12184 of 14509
@Surge best of luck, really hope then can ship a better unit to you than mine were. Did you like your 60? or what did not you like about 60?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz

You should really come to the store near me, but seriously, actually I was told that last 4 units were asked to be brought back to Sharp, supposedly, they want at least look at them. Since Sharp has an office in Illinois this is a just a short drive for the delivery folks.

Magnolia is high-integrity here. If it was reported defective and they all saw evidence, then they will not them put back on the floor even as open box.

Regardless, I am shopping for a different set now but out of curiosity played a grey field on another Elite at the dealer today from 70" was from January 2012 build and grey was absolutely perfect, so all this BS about a little bit of green is on all sets is just that BS. Those that are shopping for an Elite should know Nov2012 DSE is NOT normal and that is why all pre-Nov buyers are so happy with their sets. All pre-Nov2012 sets had almost perfect grey, for sure no green or pink. 2nd pre-Nov set that I saw personally. Just beautiful screen, no DSE, 1 dead pixel but immaculate uniformity on every step of the scale up to Beyond White. All serial on those sets started with 108 vs 211 on the Nov.

Dvzzz I just ordered a 70 from a store in Davenport Iowa , Illinois border. They are not a Magnolia store, however were able to get me a 60 that I am up sizing. The manager said the 70 iwas coming out of the Illinois distribution center and my 60 is a November 2012 that I bought in December. I just paid the difference tonight. Wonder if things will change if Sharp is taking them back?

Dvzzz, I will let you know what build date I got, once it arrives.
post #12185 of 14509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Yes, fully array LD is better than edge lit. There is considerable variation in how well implemented the edge lit designs are however. They can be pretty poor to excellent. There was a review I had read on a recent Sony edge lit display that claimed it was almost as good as a panel with full array LD. I don't recall the model #.

With that said, I've never seen the Samsung in question here, but certainly the cited reviewer in the link seemed to be very impressed with the black levels, so who knows? Maybe Samsung's implementation is actually that good.

I find myself in a real dilemma. I'll be in need of a larger screen display as we move our 60" Elite to the bedroom. However the QC problems with the latest batch of 70" Elites has me as concerned as anyone else. I don't know if they've switched panels or if something else is going on, but either way there's obviously an issue. I'm also a bit hesitant to spend a large amount of money at this point for a display that's not 4K capable. Yes, there is no 4K content now and probably won't be for awhile, but it will be there eventually. If the claims of some of the reviewer's of the better 4K panels are true, and they can actually make 2K content look better than on a 2K panel, that might be enough to tip the scales for me. I'll have to see what sizes are available, my seating distance and whether the performance justifies the price.

This is one of the most confusing buying cycles in the display industry I've seen. eek.gif

I've yet to see any edge-lit sets compete against any local-dimming sets period. Samsung has upgraded the light channeling matrix for their edge-lit units pushing the technology to it's limits, but I'm still not very impressed with it. Samsung is obviously a big fan of edge-lit technology because of it's ability to get their screens super thin, however I am not a fan of what they are doing or for the reasons they are doing it. cool.gif
post #12186 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post

@Surge best of luck, really hope then can ship a better unit to you than mine were. Did you like your 60? or what did not you like about 60?
I sit approximately 12 feet back and for 1k difference in price I think the 70 will be perfect. Also I have a Samsung a750 DLP LED rear projection tv in my home theater. Once that goes the 70 will be moved down and I will see what is available then. I can't go plasma as the Elite is by my thermostat and I don't want the heat from the TV next to it. I also game a little and worry about IR on plasma tvs. The local BB manager I have been working on for my great price match seems familiar with the recent Eite issues and understands if I need to return.
Mon a side note, do you know where I can download images to a USB to check my current and new tv. Thanks Jon
post #12187 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog750 View Post

Question:

Does anyone think I would benefit in a professional calibration even though I do not watch in THX mode? Elite Pure is my prefered viewing medium. Or does viewing source material outside of THX mode defeat the purpose of a full calibration?

Thanks ahead of time!

P.S. I've decided to keep the Elite.
First remember calibration is a choice and not meant for everyone. When a top end calibrator is chosen, he or she will bring your set to the best PQ it can achieve. Every TV is different, some could use calibration more than others.....
post #12188 of 14509
Every pattern that you need is here http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration. Elite onboard player plays mp4 without a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge View Post

I sit approximately 12 feet back and for 1k difference in price I think the 70 will be perfect. Also I have a Samsung a750 DLP LED rear projection tv in my home theater. Once that goes the 70 will be moved down and I will see what is available then. I can't go plasma as the Elite is by my thermostat and I don't want the heat from the TV next to it. I also game a little and worry about IR on plasma tvs. The local BB manager I have been working on for my great price match seems familiar with the recent Eite issues and understands if I need to return.
Mon a side note, do you know where I can download images to a USB to check my current and new tv. Thanks Jon
post #12189 of 14509
Considering the ammount of money you guys spend on these TV's I have to ask.. Does Sharp give you guys as much of a hard time for these smaller defects for replacement as they give their other TVs? or are they pretty good about swapping.
post #12190 of 14509
In my case with 6 sets Sharp was not admitting issues at all, even with pictures and after technician report and refused to swap, but Best Buy on the hand was just absolutely best-in-class, friendly and honest and once they see an issue they swap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195 View Post

Considering the ammount of money you guys spend on these TV's I have to ask.. Does Sharp give you guys as much of a hard time for these smaller defects for replacement as they give their other TVs? or are they pretty good about swapping.
post #12191 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

I've yet to see any edge-lit sets compete against any local-dimming sets period. Samsung has upgraded the light channeling matrix for their edge-lit units pushing the technology to it's limits, but I'm still not very impressed with it. Samsung is obviously a big fan of edge-lit technology because of it's ability to get their screens super thin, however I am not a fan of what they are doing or for the reasons they are doing it. cool.gif

I agree with you on this Rad. I just want a calibrator or someone like Robert to confirm for us that the blacks are nowhere near the ELITES. I wonder if David K over at cnet will be reviewing one soon.
post #12192 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Yes, fully array LD is better than edge lit. There is considerable variation in how well implemented the edge lit designs are however. They can be pretty poor to excellent. There was a review I had read on a recent Sony edge lit display that claimed it was almost as good as a panel with full array LD. I don't recall the model #.

With that said, I've never seen the Samsung in question here, but certainly the cited reviewer in the link seemed to be very impressed with the black levels, so who knows? Maybe Samsung's implementation is actually that good.

I find myself in a real dilemma. I'll be in need of a larger screen display as we move our 60" Elite to the bedroom. However the QC problems with the latest batch of 70" Elites has me as concerned as anyone else. I don't know if they've switched panels or if something else is going on, but either way there's obviously an issue. I'm also a bit hesitant to spend a large amount of money at this point for a display that's not 4K capable. Yes, there is no 4K content now and probably won't be for awhile, but it will be there eventually. If the claims of some of the reviewer's of the better 4K panels are true, and they can actually make 2K content look better than on a 2K panel, that might be enough to tip the scales for me. I'll have to see what sizes are available, my seating distance and whether the performance justifies the price.

This is one of the most confusing buying cycles in the display industry I've seen. eek.gif

Ken: I am glad I have no reason to replace my 70X5 at this time. The replacement will be 4K. My advice would be to view 4K sets before making a decision. The 70" replaced a 65" Panny plasma. I immediately noticed a softening in the picture something I equate with lower resolution. Had to increase the sharpness settings in the Lumagen Radiance and moved seating 6-9" closer to the display to regain the "crispness" I had with the Panny. In other words going from your 60" to a 70" may appear to reduce the resolution.
post #12193 of 14509
Thank your RadTech I will consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

I've yet to see any edge-lit sets compete against any local-dimming sets period. Samsung has upgraded the light channeling matrix for their edge-lit units pushing the technology to it's limits, but I'm still not very impressed with it. Samsung is obviously a big fan of edge-lit technology because of it's ability to get their screens super thin, however I am not a fan of what they are doing or for the reasons they are doing it. cool.gif

IIRC, Sharp forced Samsung to stop producing full array back lit with local dimming sets via a law suit around 2008. Samsung had just released the 8500 and had to stop production shortly after Sharp won in court because they had the patent. I know Sony makes a full array with the 950, but perhaps they pay Sharp some type of royalty in an agreement but I am not sure. Since that time, Samsung has come up with gimmicky terms like "micro dimming" in an attempt to confuse the consumer. Apparently they were successful in fooling many because I still see articles mentioning Samsung's local dimming sets when it is actually micro dimming.
post #12194 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

If your intention is to only watch the out of the box ELITE PURE picture mode then a calibration would be of no benefit to. However I highly recommend you get your ELITE calibrated because the difference in the picture quality is very obvious, it will open up your grey scale and allow you to see more detail then ever before. Right now you are not taking full advantage of your Elite and I recommend getting it calibrated so you can see the difference and compare for yourself. You can always choose not to use the calibrated picture modes if you don't like them, this it will not effect your ELITE PURE picture mode. However I think you will choose to use the calibrated picture mode over the ELITE PURE picture mode after you see the difference and see what you are missing first hand. wink.gif

It's very tempting and I may very well go this route. I still suspect it will not be for me though. I was in the New Orleans Magnolia center where they had a special setup for the 70" Elite in a darkened area. They said it had been ISF calibrated and they would not let me change it to any different modes. It was in THX and running that demo that you usually see for the Elite. The blacks were certainly black, but everything else was so dim I could barely even see what was going on. It was so dark I had to strain my eyes to see any detail at all. I could not imagine trying to watch a movie like that. But as I said, perhaps I'm missing receptors in my retina or something.
post #12195 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Yes, fully array LD is better than edge lit. There is considerable variation in how well implemented the edge lit designs are however. They can be pretty poor to excellent. There was a review I had read on a recent Sony edge lit display that claimed it was almost as good as a panel with full array LD. I don't recall the model #.

With that said, I've never seen the Samsung in question here, but certainly the cited reviewer in the link seemed to be very impressed with the black levels, so who knows? Maybe Samsung's implementation is actually that good.

I find myself in a real dilemma. I'll be in need of a larger screen display as we move our 60" Elite to the bedroom. However the QC problems with the latest batch of 70" Elites has me as concerned as anyone else. I don't know if they've switched panels or if something else is going on, but either way there's obviously an issue. I'm also a bit hesitant to spend a large amount of money at this point for a display that's not 4K capable. Yes, there is no 4K content now and probably won't be for awhile, but it will be there eventually. If the claims of some of the reviewer's of the better 4K panels are true, and they can actually make 2K content look better than on a 2K panel, that might be enough to tip the scales for me. I'll have to see what sizes are available, my seating distance and whether the performance justifies the price.

This is one of the most confusing buying cycles in the display industry I've seen. eek.gif

I was somewhat underwhelmed at the distance I had to get in person to tell the difference between 1080P and 4K. Another thing is that industry experts expect a market penetration of only 0.8% of all sets being 4K by the year 2017. Now the question you have to ask yourself is, how much content do you think is going to be available in 4 years at only 0.8% penetration. My guess is it will be a pretty small niche market.


Edited by kdog750 - 1/22/13 at 2:21pm
post #12196 of 14509
Sounds like someone did a poor calibration. It should not be that dim. Get a PRO to calibrate it.
post #12197 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog750 View Post

It's very tempting and I may very well go this route. I still suspect it will not be for me though. I was in the New Orleans Magnolia center where they had a special setup for the 70" Elite in a darkened area. They said it had been ISF calibrated and they would not let me change it to any different modes. It was in THX and running that demo that you usually see for the Elite. The blacks were certainly black, but everything else was so dim I could barely even see what was going on. It was so dark I had to strain my eyes to see any detail at all. I could not imagine trying to watch a movie like that. But as I said, perhaps I'm missing receptors in my retina or something.

I just went thorugh the exact same thought process as you and am very happy post calibration. I too was a fan of the Elite Pure (mostly because of the deep blacks/cooler pic) and thought THX mode was god awful and washed out. My reasoning for calibration was I would never know if I liked it until I tried it.

If you go that route, make sure to get a respected calibrator so you are not short changed on the experience. I myself went with Chad B and needless to say he did an outstadning job. As it turns out the reason I did not like THX mode was simply because it was way off with my set (which Chad noticed right away) so keep in mind what you see with your particular set may not necessarily be a "calibritated" picture...each one is different. Also worth noting, Chad calibrated mine based on my liking of Elite Pure so you can have a calibrated picture but it can still be adjusted to your tastes without losing accuracy.
post #12198 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalJoey View Post

I just went thorugh the exact same thought process as you and am very happy post calibration. I too was a fan of the Elite Pure (mostly because of the deep blacks/cooler pic) and thought THX mode was god awful and washed out. My reasoning for calibration was I would never know if I liked it until I tried it.

If you go that route, make sure to get a respected calibrator so you are not short changed on the experience. I myself went with Chad B and needless to say he did an outstadning job. As it turns out the reason I did not like THX mode was simply because it was way off with my set (which Chad noticed right away) so keep in mind what you see with your particular set may not necessarily be a "calibritated" picture...each one is different. Also worth noting, Chad calibrated mine based on my liking of Elite Pure so you can have a calibrated picture but it can still be adjusted to your tastes without losing accuracy.

Alas that's not true. Once you add/reduce anything from calibration, it's no longer accurate. The sky can't be more blue or less blue than what's intended. You may prefer it and that's OK, but don't get the impression that it's still accurate.
post #12199 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalJoey View Post

I just went thorugh the exact same thought process as you and am very happy post calibration. I too was a fan of the Elite Pure (mostly because of the deep blacks/cooler pic) and thought THX mode was god awful and washed out. My reasoning for calibration was I would never know if I liked it until I tried it.

If you go that route, make sure to get a respected calibrator so you are not short changed on the experience. I myself went with Chad B and needless to say he did an outstadning job. As it turns out the reason I did not like THX mode was simply because it was way off with my set (which Chad noticed right away) so keep in mind what you see with your particular set may not necessarily be a "calibritated" picture...each one is different. Also worth noting, Chad calibrated mine based on my liking of Elite Pure so you can have a calibrated picture but it can still be adjusted to your tastes without losing accuracy.

Alas that's not true. Once you add/reduce anything from calibration, it's no longer accurate. The sky can't be more blue or less blue than what's intended. You may prefer it and that's OK, but don't get the impression that it's still accurate.
post #12200 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalJoey View Post

I just went thorugh the exact same thought process as you and am very happy post calibration. I too was a fan of the Elite Pure (mostly because of the deep blacks/cooler pic) and thought THX mode was god awful and washed out. My reasoning for calibration was I would never know if I liked it until I tried it.

If you go that route, make sure to get a respected calibrator so you are not short changed on the experience. I myself went with Chad B and needless to say he did an outstadning job. As it turns out the reason I did not like THX mode was simply because it was way off with my set (which Chad noticed right away) so keep in mind what you see with your particular set may not necessarily be a "calibritated" picture...each one is different. Also worth noting, Chad calibrated mine based on my liking of Elite Pure so you can have a calibrated picture but it can still be adjusted to your tastes without losing accuracy.

Alas that's not true. Once you add/reduce anything from calibration, it's no longer accurate. The sky can't be more blue or less blue than what's intended. You may prefer it and that's OK, but don't get the impression that it's still accurate.
post #12201 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Alas that's not true. Once you add/reduce anything from calibration, it's no longer accurate. The sky can't be more blue or less blue than what's intended. You may prefer it and that's OK, but don't get the impression that it's still accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Alas that's not true. Once you add/reduce anything from calibration, it's no longer accurate. The sky can't be more blue or less blue than what's intended. You may prefer it and that's OK, but don't get the impression that it's still accurate.

I should have been more clear regarding "adjustments". You can adjust luminance and also calibrate (accurately) to D75 to closer meet my personal preference, correct?
post #12202 of 14509
D65, but yes, you can get the D65 right and adjust the illuminance according to taste because the level is merely a recommendation. I personally find the recommended 45 ftL to be to bright for FPD and choose around 35 ftL instead.
post #12203 of 14509
D65, but yes, you can get the D65 right and adjust the illuminance according to taste because the level is merely a recommendation. I personally find the recommended 45 ftL to be to bright for FPD and choose around 35 ftL instead.
post #12204 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

D65, but yes, you can get the D65 right and adjust the illuminance according to taste because the level is merely a recommendation. I personally find the recommended 45 ftL to be to bright for FPD and choose around 35 ftL instead.

That was not a typo, D75 is what closer matched my preference and what was calibrated to. I felt it gave me that slight "cooler" feel I like more so than D65 did.

Thanks for your input!
post #12205 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

D65, but yes, you can get the D65 right and adjust the illuminance according to taste because the level is merely a recommendation. I personally find the recommended 45 ftL to be to bright for FPD and choose around 35 ftL instead.

What I found is that by lowering "illuminance" (white output) it's easier to calibrate, but end result gets dimmer
I like to have closer to 140 instead or recommended 120, while it isn't easy for me to get to 140 while keeping all primaries in correct x/y positions, especially Blue.
As result I get lower to 130 -135.
This is in THX mode.

The question - how to get 140 and up with good primaries and secondaries for 100%?
The next question - how to get secondaries on straight line on D65 chart from 10% to 90%? Do those have to be lined up straight?

thanks
post #12206 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_alpha View Post

Hey ad10ad -

Can you please confirm which modes on the TV Kevin calibrated? I and a few other posters here have run into calibrators who were refusing to calibrate the ISF modes on the Elite.

Thanks,
JD

He calibrated ISF day and night modes as well as THX 3D mode. When he was finished, he ran some test patterns and we felt the gamma was a bit off in ISF night mode (although it was fine in ISF day) so he also calibrated THX 2D mode for me--that mode fared much better on the gamma post-calibration tests.

As an aside, I am running my video signal unprocessed through an Integra 50.3 amp which could have caused the issue. Since we were very happy with the THX 2D mode for night viewing -- and my AV gear is in another room in my apartment -- it wasn't worth trying to troubleshoot whether the amp was in fact causing the anomaly.
post #12207 of 14509
I decided to throw on some of d-nice's slides to see if mine had any green dse even though I've never seen it before. And some members may have remember some of my posts indicating I don't even really see any dse at all other maybe when I'm watching baseball and the camera is panning across a green field. Even then, it's hardly noticeable and to me, looks like more a motion issue rather than dse. Mine is a 09/2011 70". I tried some of the darker slides and I can't believe how uniform the greys are compared to some of the other photos I've seen posted here. I did notice that depending on the angle viewed, there is some very slight variation in uniformity. My tv is tilted slightly forward at the top since it's mounted higher.

I believe Chris mentioned he used to run 40" offset litho presses. Although I've never operated a press myself, I've been in the commercial litho industry for 11 years now and constantly press checking jobs to ensure color accuracy. The hardest jobs is the "flood paint jobs" where you have to keep ink densities within 3-4 points. And my set easily satisfies my requirements for uniformity. I have to say that I now feel quite lucky, especially for the price they sold it to me and since this unit was a floor model at BBY/Magnolia for 8 months before they had to close down and sell off everything they could.

Now I just need a pro to calibrate my tv.


post #12208 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax View Post

Quick question for you guys. My cousin is looking at a new 60" that is "new" but does not come in original box. Seller is NOT authorized ELITE seller. So my question is....Is it worth it? He is getting it about 20% less than online deals. Im wondering if warranty still applies? That was my concern for him. Thoughts??? Thanks.

Well...he backed out....I'm thinking I might go for it for the price...lol. Spoke to elite...they said it will be under full warranty. Hard to pass up for the price. I'm coming from plasma...so I hope I'm not disappointed. Any thoughts?
post #12209 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD 335 View Post

I decided to throw on some of d-nice's slides to see if mine had any green dse even though I've never seen it before. And some members may have remember some of my posts indicating I don't even really see any dse at all other maybe when I'm watching baseball and the camera is panning across a green field. Even then, it's hardly noticeable and to me, looks like more a motion issue rather than dse. Mine is a 09/2011 70". I tried some of the darker slides and I can't believe how uniform the greys are compared to some of the other photos I've seen posted here. I did notice that depending on the angle viewed, there is some very slight variation in uniformity. My tv is tilted slightly forward at the top since it's mounted higher.

I believe Chris mentioned he used to run 40" offset litho presses. Although I've never operated a press myself, I've been in the commercial litho industry for 11 years now and constantly press checking jobs to ensure color accuracy. The hardest jobs is the "flood paint jobs" where you have to keep ink densities within 3-4 points. And my set easily satisfies my requirements for uniformity. I have to say that I now feel quite lucky, especially for the price they sold it to me and since this unit was a floor model at BBY/Magnolia for 8 months before they had to close down and sell off everything they could.

Now I just need a pro to calibrate my tv.



Looks good. Only thing I see is some minor vertical banding that I would bet is not very noticeable with normal viewing.
post #12210 of 14509
Great looking panel. I have yet to see any issues with my January 2012 build as well. It seems based on this thread that panels from that month are mostly problem free.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp Elite PRO-70X5 and 60X5 Owners Thread