Originally Posted by dasanii19
Man, now you have me wondering if I should return and wait. I got it fir $4250 but the end of my return window is coming up soon. I just don't know what to do, I mean it will be nice to have a brand new tv but that doesn't mean it won't have issues.
Originally Posted by Zadmax
In no way am I suggesting you should return your tv. If you are happy with it I would keep it imo. If I was able to get the price you did on the floor model, I would probably go for it myself, however that isn't the case as of yet. The price is just way too high for me to be comfortable with all things considered. I may try again in a week if it is still available. Just do what you feel is best for your situation. The newer tvs (Samsung F8500, Pana VT/ZT models) are all great, but so is the Elite which is why I was considering buying the floor model in the first place.
It all depends on how large of a set you can live with. In my case, I really wanted a 75-80" set, but I simply couldn't find one that I was happy with. I went with the 70" Elite because I ultimately decided that picture quality was more important than size. That being said, I really didn't want to go any smaller than 70". I knew when I bought the Elite that there was a possibility I would prefer the overall picture quality of the new plasmas coming out, but 65 inches just wasn't large enough.
I've now had the Elite for a little over two weeks, and I've grown to love it more and more each day. The picture it puts out is truly breathtaking, and to my surprise, I am actually finding my KURO's picture to be somewhat dim and lifeless by comparison.