Originally Posted by turnne1
There have always been plasma TV's at equal or better performance of the Sharp Elite for far less
The fact that they are now so highly discounted actually makes the $$ playing field more level
This TV is primarily for those that want the best LED
Think about it...imagine those that paid at or close to retail
Misinformation here I'm afraid, if you wish to compare the Sharp Elite an (LED / LCD) Technology to a (Plasma) display then we should get the facts correct.
1. No Plasma display's have better black levels in the Elite, comparable perhaps with the VT60 but still not as good as the Elite.
2. No Plasma display today has the contrast ratio of the Elite or anything close to it. The full screen retina burning bright white uniformity the Elite it's stunning to see, no Plasma comes close to it yet.
3. No image retention, screen burn, buzzing / humming that most Plasma displays exhibit that only increases the further you go above sea level.
4. Elite has much lower power consumption than any Plasma display.
5. Elite screen size is up to 70'' vs 65'' maximum on any Plasma display right now.
I could continue but this is not a comparison thread if you wish you can private msg me anytime to further this conversation. My end point here is pick your poison and go with what you like, there are more than enough justifiable reasons for someone to choose the Elite over a Plasma right now. This thread is about the Sharp Elite and for people interested in purchasing one or wishing to find out more information about one, so let's not forget that.