or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp Elite PRO-70X5 and 60X5 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp Elite PRO-70X5 and 60X5 Owners Thread - Page 464

post #13891 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron2 View Post

If I paid 4k for a display I would be feeling the same way.

I returned the 55lm9600 I bought on clearance it just didnt handle ambient light very well at all. plus it had a few other issues I didnt like. Hoping this 70x5 will be as good as my 60x5 are.

That's how I felt. I didn't pay 4K but it was closer to that than the BB clearance price (on the original new one I got). Good luck on the new 70" purchase! You really do have a ton of Elite's in your area smile.gif.
post #13892 of 14509
YOTR did you get your new plasma and if so what did you get?
post #13893 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end beemarp. I felt the same way about the sharp service.
Thanks, I am still overall pleased with the Sony. I have noticed slight banding, but still think its better than the DSE I was seeing on my Elite. I guess its just part of the LCD game that you have to deal with.

The red line issue ended up being a panel problem according to my local A/V place. They sent out a tech to make the diagnosis.

I wanted so bad for the Elite to work out...but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
post #13894 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron2 View Post

YOTR did you get your new plasma and if so what did you get?

I got a 65vt60. It should be here on Tuesday.
post #13895 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemarp View Post

Thanks, I am still overall pleased with the Sony. I have noticed slight banding, but still think its better than the DSE I was seeing on my Elite. I guess its just part of the LCD game that you have to deal with.

The red line issue ended up being a panel problem according to my local A/V place. They sent out a tech to make the diagnosis.

I wanted so bad for the Elite to work out...but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

That's good news then smile.gif. I think DSE is a pretty common thing as is banding. You just hope you get a set that either doesn't have it or it's minimal. With it being a panel problem, they wouldn't have had a replacement for you (most likely) so I think you did the right thing.

I wanted mine to work out also. I am sure I will be a bit paranoid with the new plasma and IR but I will have to learn to deal with it. Hopefully this set will last me until OLED is affordable in a 60-65 inch size.
post #13896 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I got a 65vt60. It should be here on Tuesday.

Great to hear, will have to hear your impressions of it
post #13897 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

so now my IR eye failed

Hopefully the steps in post 13863 will fix it. Good luck.
post #13898 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

so now my IR eye failed

Hopefully the steps in post 13863 will fix it. Good luck.

tried that too... no luck
post #13899 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

tried that too... no luck

Try removing the batteries from the remote. Then press the power button for 20 seconds. Then place the batteries back in.
post #13900 of 14509
Got my return authorization from Sharp to get full credit at Best Buy. Sorry to see it go but I'll be setting up a pickup from them. I think at this point since there isn't a 70" OLED on the market I'm going to just return the Sharp and probably get the 70" Vizeo led to hold me over til' next year. As soon as a 70" or higher OLED hits the market at a somewhat reasonable price I'll sell the Vizeo and pounce!
post #13901 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

tried that too... no luck

Try removing the batteries from the remote. Then press the power button for 20 seconds. Then place the batteries back in.

tried that too: no luck (the power button I held was on the remote)
post #13902 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

tried that too: no luck (the power button I held was on the remote)

Mmm..

The only option left is to replace the rf sensor board.

I would call elite service and let them replace it. Here are some other sources to try for the rf board if you need to get it yourself.

*Take Note... The Amazon link I posted before for the rf board has now been changed to a different item & part number. Do Not Purchase.

The part number of the 60/70X5FD rf board is DUNTKF909FM01;

http://www.encompassparts.com/item/8457848/SHARP/DUNTKF909FM01/R_C_UNIT_ADJ

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntkf909fm01-ir-board.htm

http://www.partsimple.com/duntkf909fm01-004-n-4.html
Edited by Sound & Vision - 8/25/13 at 5:25pm
post #13903 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgp View Post


When Hyper-Terminal brings up the connection dialog there is a drop down box that has Comm and TCP/IP. When you select TCP/IP it prompts for the tv's IP Addr and port number. Look at your TV Internet settings to get numbers.

Yes, you must have IP Control Enabled for Hyper-Terminal to send the cmd. When finished you can Disable the IP Control.

Thanks. Got it working on the Mac using Terminal. It's simply Telnet  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 10002, then enter.

After that you are in the telnet service to the display. Then enter the commands that have been described. 

Power light is now back to it's original functionality.

post #13904 of 14509
Just picked this TV up today at Best Buy for $1,650 display model but it didn't come with a stand, the glasses, or the remote. I didn't need the stand, don't use 3D, and I use an android tablet to control my home theater, so I lucked out. I originally bought one this morning for $1,750, and then went to another best buy and spoke to the manager and he sold me his display for $100 less. Now I have two of these bad boys and need to return the first one that I paid $1,750 for tomorrow.

Let me tell you, every employee in the store was in complete shock when I walked out with the TV at that price, they thought it was a mistake that it was priced so low. Originally $5,500 marked down to $3,800, marked down to $2,300, marked down to $1,999, marked down to $1,650 after some negotiation. Even at $2,300 why isn't anybody buying these!? I even called Sharp today and spoke to their Elite concierge service and registered the TV for its 2 year warranty, and bought it on my AMEX which extended the warranty to an additional year.
post #13905 of 14509
The saying goes out with the old and in with the new. The older it gets the better the new models look to most customers.
I never buy displays untill they clearance out, but thats just me. Congrats on your purchase.
post #13906 of 14509
Hi All,

Please add me to the list of owners. Just finished reading this thread.
post #13907 of 14509
Its a long thread, so what did you buy?
post #13908 of 14509
My purchase was sort of an accident. I was considering the Samsung F8500 plasma and was following that thread(s). With all purchases, I do my due diligence and as such I made the usual visits to MHT. While there, the salesperson mentioned the 60in Elite and how difficult it was to off load the wall model. In jest, I really really low balled an offer and surprisingly they accepted. I will not reveal the price as it is against forum rules and I don't want this thread to turn into a Vizio thread. But, it was lower than many edge lit TVs of comparative size. My purchase rationale was if there are any fatal flaws it will just go back and I will just continue looking at the Samsung and if I decided to keep it I would have the very best and possibly the last Local Dimming TV. So far it is working well and I have no complaints.
post #13909 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhck66 View Post

My purchase was sort of an accident. I was considering the Samsung F8500 plasma and was following that thread(s). With all purchases, I do my due diligence and as such I made the usual visits to MHT. While there, the salesperson mentioned the 60in Elite and how difficult it was to off load the wall model. In jest, I really really low balled an offer and surprisingly they accepted. I will not reveal the price as it is against forum rules and I don't want this thread to turn into a Vizio thread. But, it was lower than many edge lit TVs of comparative size. My purchase rationale was if there are any fatal flaws it will just go back and I will just continue looking at the Samsung and if I decided to keep it I would have the very best and possibly the last Local Dimming TV. So far it is working well and I have no complaints.

Did you get the 70x5 or the 60x5? You can mention pricing in the Sharp Elite price thread.
post #13910 of 14509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhck66 View Post

Hi All,

Please add me to the list of owners. Just finished reading this thread.

Big congratulations and welcome to the Elite club! biggrin.gif Same for everyone else who recently picked one up congratulations! wink.gif

PS: My next display will be a 80'' or 90'' inch + OLED 4K or 8K when they make one that is. So I'm predicting quiet a wait here. biggrin.gif
post #13911 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

Big congratulations and welcome to the Elite club! biggrin.gif Same for everyone else who recently picked one up congratulations! wink.gif

PS: My next display will be a 80'' or 90'' inch + OLED 4K or 8K when they make one that is. So I'm predicting quiet a wait here. biggrin.gif

My next set will be a 75-80" 4k OLED when the price drops below $6-7K if OLED's performance promise turns into actual fact. Guess is 3 years. Hope my 70 X5 lasts that long without significant issues.
post #13912 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

Big congratulations and welcome to the Elite club! biggrin.gif Same for everyone else who recently picked one up congratulations! wink.gif

PS: My next display will be a 80'' or 90'' inch + OLED 4K or 8K when they make one that is. So I'm predicting quiet a wait here. biggrin.gif

My next set will be a 75-80" 4k OLED when the price drops below $6-7K if OLED's performance promise turns into actual fact. Guess is 3 years. Hope my 70 X5 lasts that long without significant issues.
I know a little bit about the glass handling machinery that is coming on line now. Cutting screens that big will be super expensive for quite a while longer. A display wall is really what you're waiting for. wink.gif
post #13913 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguru View Post

Got my return authorization from Sharp to get full credit at Best Buy. Sorry to see it go but I'll be setting up a pickup from them. I think at this point since there isn't a 70" OLED on the market I'm going to just return the Sharp and probably get the 70" Vizeo led to hold me over til' next year. As soon as a 70" or higher OLED hits the market at a somewhat reasonable price I'll sell the Vizeo and pounce!

You are probably going to be waiting at 4-5 years for 70" OLED at a reasonable price. The current OLED method is still having production yield problems and going to 70" will just make it worse. Plus they probably will most likely have to go to 4K to keep up with the UHD hype train. So you are basically left waiting for a different manufacturing method like Sony/Panasonic's 4K OLED printing method to reduce cost. So 4 or 5 years at least. Think you might want to look for something a little better to hold you over that long.
post #13914 of 14509
Nevermind, I found the service menu
Edited by mustangchris04 - 8/26/13 at 5:10pm
post #13915 of 14509
Gentlemen,
I just purchased a PRO70X5FD (insert smile here) and need to know the mm diameter size of the four screws that get screwed into the back of the unit, to wall mount it.
Thank you.
post #13916 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post

You are probably going to be waiting at 4-5 years for 70" OLED at a reasonable price. The current OLED method is still having production yield problems and going to 70" will just make it worse. Plus they probably will most likely have to go to 4K to keep up with the UHD hype train. So you are basically left waiting for a different manufacturing method like Sony/Panasonic's 4K OLED printing method to reduce cost. So 4 or 5 years at least. Think you might want to look for something a little better to hold you over that long.


I am thinking it may be by the end of this decade at least until you see that size 4K OLED set for a reasonable $3-4K price. I think the manufacturers will not really mass produce the OLED sets until they can get the 4K sets at much better yields. HD OLED will just be for show since it will be an impossible sell for a CE company to say 'We have a $3,000 65" 4K LED set over here, but here is this brand new OLED tech for $8K that is not 4K'.....Nobody will buy it.

Hopefully we can get a 4K FALD LED set like the Elites in the interim for a reasonable amount, unlike the Elites.
post #13917 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Gentlemen,
I just purchased a PRO70X5FD (insert smile here) and need to know the mm diameter size of the four screws that get screwed into the back of the unit, to wall mount it.
Thank you.

You should have 4 plastic screws in the back of the display, use them as your refference.
How do you like your 70x5?
post #13918 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron2 View Post

Did you get the 70x5 or the 60x5? You can mention pricing in the Sharp Elite price thread.

The 60 inch model.
post #13919 of 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Gentlemen,
I just purchased a PRO70X5FD (insert smile here) and need to know the mm diameter size of the four screws that get screwed into the back of the unit, to wall mount it.
Thank you.

In case anyone else needs to know the size, I found out it's a 6mm.
post #13920 of 14509
Hi everyone,

My 60X5 has a blue LED on the front as the power light, but the light continues to stay lit, even when the TV is OFF.

I read the user manual, and it appears that when using IP commands (such as an app on your phone like "Mikes Remote") that when the TV is off, any commands sent in are put into "waiting status" and the LED on the front remains lit, even if the TV is off.

Does anybody know how to clear these commands that were sent when the TV was off so that I can get this blue LED to turn off when the TV is off?

Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp Elite PRO-70X5 and 60X5 Owners Thread