or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Sharp LC-60LE633U Calibration?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sharp LC-60LE633U Calibration? - Page 5

post #121 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrens View Post

First off let me state that I've tried every setting on this form and some from other sites as well.

I found the following settings from a professional calibration at CNET for the following TV (Sharp LC-60LE830U). The Model was not the same but I thought that I would give them a try anyway.

Greatly to my surprise these where so very close to perfect. All I've done since applying these is to use a calibration BD to set my proper brightness and contrast (highly recommended).

Hope you get the same results.
Here are the settings...

--Picture Settings menu
OPC: Off
Backlight: +4
Contrast: +30
Brightness: +1
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu
C.M.S. -Hue
R: 0
Y: +4
G: -5
C: +2
B: 0
M: +2

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: 0
Y: -2
G: -1
C: 0
B: -7
M: 0

C.M.S. -Value
R: +2
Y: 0
G: +9
C: +4
B: +3
M: 0

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): +11
G Gain (LO): +7
B Gain (LO): +13
R Gain (HI): -2
G Gain (HI): -7
B Gain (HI): 0

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: +2
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]

You'd think it would be pretty off being as this is for the 4 pixel color set?
post #122 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

You'd think it would be pretty off being as this is for the 4 pixel color set?

You would think, but in the post i found it did state that the yellow shifts had little to do with the picture.

Give it a try, I'm curious to see what others think...

Dan
post #123 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrens View Post


You would think, but in the post i found it did state that the yellow shifts had little to do with the picture.

Give it a try, I'm curious to see what others think...

Dan

I just put them in. They are actually pretty good! I'm enjoying my display that much more! Very surprised. Got better shadow detail and sharpness with those setting. Great for gaming to. Thanks!
post #124 of 207
Hmm. Blacks seem to take a hit with these settings. Tend to be just a bit brighter. But I imagine that's how it's suppose to be. Darker blacks and you give up the over all pop and shadow detail vs using these. I'll give it time to sink in.
post #125 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrens View Post

First off let me state that I've tried every setting on this form and some from other sites as well.

I found the following settings from a professional calibration at CNET for the following TV (Sharp LC-60LE830U). The Model was not the same but I thought that I would give them a try anyway.

Greatly to my surprise these where so very close to perfect. All I've done since applying these is to use a calibration BD to set my proper brightness and contrast (highly recommended).

Hope you get the same results.
Here are the settings...

--Picture Settings menu
OPC: Off
Backlight: +4
Contrast: +30
Brightness: +1
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu
C.M.S. -Hue
R: 0
Y: +4
G: -5
C: +2
B: 0
M: +2

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: 0
Y: -2
G: -1
C: 0
B: -7
M: 0

C.M.S. -Value
R: +2
Y: 0
G: +9
C: +4
B: +3
M: 0

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): +11
G Gain (LO): +7
B Gain (LO): +13
R Gain (HI): -2
G Gain (HI): -7
B Gain (HI): 0

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: +2
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]

Is this for User mode?
post #126 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon7 View Post


Is this for User mode?

You can input all those values in any mode.
post #127 of 207
just curious what mode you used. There will be a difference depending on the mode since they provide different baselines.
post #128 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon7 View Post

just curious what mode you used. There will be a difference depending on the mode since they provide different baselines.

I did it on both game mode and movie.
post #129 of 207
It would appear there may be internal differences between the 632 & 633 as none of the 633 settings are accurate for me on my 632 but you are all welcome to try these settings that I posted in the 632 thread...


Ok, as I said before these are not D65 (even though it's in the ballpark) but they are a major improvement over out of the box (much closer to 6500K across the range and all but <10 IRE are under delta 2).

Average gamma is just under 2.2 with an S shaped gamma for a better contrast ratio (difficult with no fine tuning gamma adjustments).

Signal = YCbCr 4:2:2

Game mode

Backlight = +7 (calibrated for bright room but use your preference, I like +3)
Contrast = +27
Brightness = +1
Color = 0
Tint = 0
Sharpness = +1

Color Temp = LOW
Red (LO) = +15
Green (LO) = 0
Blue (LO) = -28
Red (HI) = +2
Green (HI) = 0
Blue (HI) = -18

Active Contrast = ON
Gamma = -2 (higher settings result in a flatter but lower gamma, +2 = about a 1.7 gamma)

Hope these help,
Jason
post #130 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

It would appear there may be internal differences between the 632 & 633 as none of the 633 settings are accurate for me on my 632 but you are all welcome to try these settings that I posted in the 632 thread...

Ok, as I said before these are not D65 (even though it's in the ballpark) but they are a major improvement over out of the box (much closer to 6500K across the range and all but <10 IRE are under delta 2).

Average gamma is just under 2.2 with an S shaped gamma for a better contrast ratio (difficult with no fine tuning gamma adjustments).

Signal = YCbCr 4:4:4 (16-235)

Game mode

Backlight = +7 (calibrated for bright room but use your preference, I like +3)
Contrast = +27
Brightness = +1
Color = 0
Tint = 0
Sharpness = +1

Color Temp = LOW
Red (LO) = +15
Green (LO) = 0
Blue (LO) = -28
Red (HI) = +2
Green (HI) = 0
Blue (HI) = -18

Active Contrast = ON
Gamma = -2 (higher settings result in a flatter but lower gamma, +2 = about a 1.7 gamma)

Hope these help,
Jason

You used calibration equipment for this? This is for the 632? I'll have to try these out as well. Thank you for the settings.

Surprised to see you have active contrast on. I actually like the effect. 1st person I've seen recommend it be on.
post #131 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

You used calibration equipment for this? This is for the 632? I'll have to try these out as well. Thank you for the settings.

Surprised to see you have active contrast on. I actually like the effect. 1st person I've seen recommend it be on.

-----------------------------

JukeBox360,

The settings i provided (as is from CNET) have it turned off. I personally have it turned on also.
post #132 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

It would appear there may be internal differences between the 632 & 633 as none of the 633 settings are accurate for me on my 632 but you are all welcome to try these settings that I posted in the 632 thread...

Ok, as I said before these are not D65 (even though it's in the ballpark) but they are a major improvement over out of the box (much closer to 6500K across the range and all but <10 IRE are under delta 2).

Average gamma is just under 2.2 with an S shaped gamma for a better contrast ratio (difficult with no fine tuning gamma adjustments).

Signal = YCbCr 4:4:4 (16-235)

Game mode

Backlight = +7 (calibrated for bright room but use your preference, I like +3)
Contrast = +27
Brightness = +1
Color = 0
Tint = 0
Sharpness = +1

Color Temp = LOW
Red (LO) = +15
Green (LO) = 0
Blue (LO) = -28
Red (HI) = +2
Green (HI) = 0
Blue (HI) = -18

Active Contrast = ON
Gamma = -2 (higher settings result in a flatter but lower gamma, +2 = about a 1.7 gamma)

Hope these help,
Jason

So I noticed hue, saturation, and value are all missing. I take it these should just be on the defaults?
post #133 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

You used calibration equipment for this? This is for the 632? I'll have to try these out as well. Thank you for the settings.

Surprised to see you have active contrast on. I actually like the effect. 1st person I've seen recommend it be on.

Yes a sensor was used for calibration.

From a video purist standpoint Active Contrast should be disabled but with these settings on this display the pumping is not overly offensive with most content and it does help add depth/pop to the image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

So I noticed hue, saturation, and value are all missing. I take it these should just be on the defaults?

As I said this is not D65 (for primary and secondary colors), this is a quick 6500k calibration and as such the HSV settings were left at 0.

Jason
post #134 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post


Yes a sensor was used for calibration.

From a video purist standpoint Active Contrast should be disabled but with these settings on this display the pumping is not overly offensive with most content and it does help add depth/pop to the image.

As I said this is not D65 (for primary and secondary colors), this is a quick 6500k calibration and as such the HSV settings were left at 0.

Jason

Definitely seems to make the picture have more pop. Thanks.
post #135 of 207
No problem.

Thought it would be odd if they worked well on a 633 considering the 633 settings do not work as well on my 60LE632.

Jason
post #136 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

No problem.

Thought it would be odd if they worked well on a 633 considering the 633 settings do not work as well on my 60LE632.

Jason

I now own the 80LE632. That's what I'll be using these on. Now I did input your settings. It's defiantly night and day difference from CNET. I'm wonder which is more "accurate." in terms of overall picture.

Your settings seem to have a ton of pop. Makes colors and people look more vibrant. Greater color saturation. Skin tones look great to. But I feel as if black levels start to crush/ lose shadow detail.

I tested this using MW3 backdrop in black and white. There is a picture of a guy holding a gun. He's wearing a belt. With your settings you cannot see the whole belt vs CNET. Then again CNETS settings looks a little bright compared to yours.

I love em both. Can fully live with using either one. Question is which is more accurate. That's the one I'd use more.

As of now. I'm using your settings for gaming and CNETS for movies.

Question. Does brighter picture mean a lower gamma or higher? Your picture settings remind me a lot of my S30. Makes it look identical to it.
post #137 of 207
Well there are probably some tolerance variables from a 60LE632 to the 80LE632 so that might account for the difference, you can bump the Gamma to -1 and see how that does for you.

Honestly those CNET settings are for an entirely different (& older) model so I highly doubt they carry over with complete accuracy.

Jason
post #138 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Well there are probably some tolerance variables from a 60LE632 to the 80LE632 so that might account for the difference, you can bump the Gamma to -1 and see how that does for you.

Honestly those CNET settings are for an entirely different (& older) model so I highly doubt they carry over with complete accuracy.

Jason

I'll have to try -1 vs +2. When putting the gamma in is when I see a pretty huge difference. Blacks get pretty dark. But I think it's to dark because of shadow detail. If someone is wearing a black tux or even darker grey it was hard to see the details in the tux.
post #139 of 207
JukeBox360,

How do you like these settings vs the setting i posted yesterday?

I'm having issues where the red colors are shifting dramatically between different HDTV channels. I find my self having to shift the color and tint as i'm surfing channels. If I can't get this under control I'm going to return the TV (costco).
post #140 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrens View Post

JukeBox360,

How do you like these settings vs the setting i posted yesterday?

I'm having issues where the red colors are shifting dramatically between different HDTV channels. I find my self having to shift the color and tint as i'm surfing channels. If I can't get this under control I'm going to return the TV (costco).

I'm using Pimps settings now. Active contrast off and gamma to -1. Looks much better.
post #141 of 207
One more question..
do you set the hue, sat, and value to 0's or default?
post #142 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrens View Post

One more question..
do you set the hue, sat, and value to 0's or default?

Default.
post #143 of 207
New settings... a little bit closer to 6500k with near delta 1 across the scale other than delta 3 at 10 IRE (which is very good down that low).

These are without Active Contrast enabled for the video purists among us (of course you can use it if you like).

Game mode
Color Temp = LOW

Red (LO) = +15
Blue (LO) = -30

Red (HI) = +3
Blue (HI) = -18

Green's remain at 0

Gamma = -2 (try Gamma -1 or 0 if you enable Active Contrast and find it to be too dark)

Backlight = +3 (or use your room preference)
Contrast = 27
Brightness = +1
Color & Tint = 0


Please keep in mind these are not a complete D65 calibration as no secondary color adjustments have been made (nor any HSV), thus this should not be considered a substitute for an actual ISF level calibration.

Jason
post #144 of 207
Will try these as well. Thank you.
post #145 of 207
Thx Jason. I will have to try these on my 70" 632. I had the 60" 633u and re did them on the 70. Didn't notice a diff. I'm sure your settings will do just fine on the 70. Thx again.
post #146 of 207
So far the settings look great on movie mode for me. One thing tho, on the 360 the greens seem a bit off. Dashboard, etc. But for cable and blu ray, its looking great. Thx.
post #147 of 207
DaGamePimp: No Blue? I tried these game settings, it changes my white levels to a murkey brown
post #148 of 207
I've found the cnet settings to work best.
post #149 of 207
The first settings I posted are actually better than the most recent set, I discovered my output settings were different than what I had thought they were. The CNET settings do not work for me on the 60LE632, they are better than factory but when I check them they are not 6500k nor D65.

I have a new set on the way soon if anybody cares to try them.

I also discovered after zooming out the 6500k (100%) that Green was not perfectly flat.

It seems that these sets are not capable of perfect REC709 Green (Red and Blue can get close but not right on).

Every factory Color Temp preset on the 60LE632 has too much Blue, PC is actually the closet to 6500k out of the box but obviously still has some degree of lag.

When calibrating HSV for D65 Y shifts when adjusting x & y so the CMS on the 632 series does not function as it should, this makes calibration a real chore on this set.

Also please consider I am doing these on a 60LE632 so those with other sets will possibly see variances that equate to a less than stellar image (sorry but I am just trying to help out and not much I can do about that).

Jason
post #150 of 207
Try them if you like but please keep in mind this was done on a 60LE632.


Ok here is a FULL 6500k/D65 for the 60LE632... enjoy, as this is possibly the last time I'll ever do this.

This is GAME mode, target of 40 ftL, with all bells-n-whistles turned off for the Video purist crowd.

OPC = off
Backlight = +2 (-3 for dark room)
Contrast = +26
Brightness = +1
Color = -5 (red)
Tint = +4 (cyan)
Sharpness = +1 (or 0)

Color Temp = Low
LO
R = +13
G = 0
B = -29

HI
R = +3
G = 0
B = -18

Active Contrast = OFF (you can use it but it does alter some of the calibration)
Gamma = -2 (or -1 if you use Active Contrast)

HUE
R +5
Y +1
G -8
C +1
B +3
M -3

SAT
R +1
Y +2
G 0
C 0
B +13
M +1

VAL
R +3
Y 0
G +13
C 0
B +30
M 0

These TV's have an issue with Red so if you feel like tweaking to your liking please feel free to do so.

If you adjust the backlight or contrast setting it will also alter the calibration.

Please remember that I do not do this for a living so if you want something more than what this offers please support all the great ISF certified tech's out there.

Hope you like,
Jason
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Sharp LC-60LE633U Calibration?