or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 167

post #4981 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT View Post

CIMG0910.JPG 1153k .JPG file CIMG0914.JPG 1155k .JPG file CIMG0916.JPG 1142k .JPG file ]


Here is how my projector arrived.
I couldn't even get Sony to send me a new box with packing so I would have one available if I needed to return it for repair.
The box itself was so damaged, that I tossed it.

Thanks for the post Bobcat. It is a known fact that shipping can alter convergence or cause other damage to these fragile devices. The thought of getting back another's used projector, or worse yet ,modified B stock would be unacceptable. Your photos show evidence that these 25k 45 lb projectors jostle around quite a bit in shipping. Hope Sony figures out a way to avoid this.
post #4982 of 9665
All 4K content will come from download until eventual 4K BD is made.
A 4K movie will have the same size and bitrate as a BD disc has now, maybe even slightly lower.

4K compress easier and better than 2K content with better quality between DCI version and compressed consumer version.
Between 20-30GB at around 20Mb/s (RedRay premium quality is 18Mb/s, Cinema quality is 36Mb/s as a comparison) depending on codec used.

You order movie(s) and set start download time when you don't use the net and the net in your country has a low load, which will be mostly at night.
Download speed/time will depend on your Net connection and the speed of the server you download from.

Big companies like Sony, Canon and Microsoft have notoriously slow server speeds.
For this kind of movie content service we can just hope that these content providers load servers in many places to cut speed, the same way Netflix does.
They could also use a torrents system between their servers.

You can use this calculator to get a estimate how much time a 20GB or 30GB movie will take to downloade to your system.
post #4983 of 9665
On top of everything else, one of the 3D glasses was broken. Took quite some time to get a replacement as Sony was back ordered for them.
I had to go out and buy a set of Play station 3D glasses, and they worked fine, but the ones that come with the projector are a bit nicer.
post #4984 of 9665
Coolscan, if you had to guess, would a future 4K disc player work with our present unmodified 1000s at 4k 24p, or would the hdcp 2.2 code cause incompatibility?
post #4985 of 9665
This thread is really something lately. Two things:

I think it is a little bizarre we have the puck and the next gen consoles coming out before the new HDMI/HDCP is finalized. That is probably only a few months away. Poor planning somewhere. That is a lot of what is driving these incompatibilities.

Also, I find it hard to believe anybody would buy something like this and expect future compatibility without the actual standards being in place for 4K. Truth be told, I would have bought anyway, but it helped that I knew Sony's history of upgrading the Qualia projector when new standards were released. But this whole thing about online authentication has me a little worried. I figured I would be ok getting from HDMI 1.x to 2.x, somehow, someway, but this is a major paradigm shift they are talking about, and I hope the fact the money I and others spent on this projector gives us a lot of leverage in this regard, because it may not be a simple fix.
post #4986 of 9665
No mater what compression method is used for the content for transmission, there will be artifacts in the re constituted picture.
When D* went from Mpeg2 to Mpeg4 to transmit there content, the picture quality suffered.
I still have my D* HR10-250 with some of my favorite movies in Mpeg2, and I can see the quality difference between the HR10 mpeg2 and the THR22 mpeg4 recordings. The HR10 recordings look so much better, no motion artifacts like the THR22/ HD34 Mpeg4 has.
D* could deliver VHS quality video, and most of the viewers wouldn't complain.eek.gif
What price bandwidth?
post #4987 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Coolscan, if you had to guess, would a future 4K disc player work with our present unmodified 1000s at 4k 24p, or would the hdcp 2.2 code cause incompatibility?
Your answer is Sony, the ruler of all Blu-ray related. Sadly enough. redface.gif
post #4988 of 9665
Exactly Turls. The way the Qualia upgrade was so professionally handled (in home) by Sony, certainly played a part with my 1000es purchase. A bundled modification is the answer.

Qualia projector at $30,000 was an in-home paid mod,

4K panels at $5,000 and $7,000 in-home free mod

Why should Sony be off the hook with the $25,000 1000es mod? If part of the mod is paid for (hdmi input board) and the hdcp 2.2 mod is free, then it should be affordable for Sony...if done at the same time.

If the above is not feasible, then Sony should at least set up regional centers for repair ie. one in the New England area. I would certainly drive it there.
Edited by G-Rex - 7/9/13 at 12:13pm
post #4989 of 9665
Because a non Sony employed installer or technician would get paid for doing the mod, certain technicians outside of Sony took a c lass and became authorized to do the install. The fre market system at its finest but it only works when an outside tech can make money.
Edited by mark haflich - 7/9/13 at 12:55pm
post #4990 of 9665
For those of us willing to pay (for a fair portion of the two mods) ...I hope what you state is once again implemented
post #4991 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Coolscan, if you had to guess, would a future 4K disc player work with our present unmodified 1000s at 4k 24p, or would the hdcp 2.2 code cause incompatibility?

 

I'm not coolscan but as I read the HDCP 2.2 pdf that is linked in my earlier post and your hypothetical 4K disc player is HDCP 2.2 compliant, it would be incompatible assuming the Sony 1000es is not HDCP 2.2 compliant.

 

The way I read it both the source device and the display have to both transmit and receive protocol based on a downloaded, from a secure Internet based server, encryption key.  Unless Sony built HDCP 2.2 hardware, transmitter/receiver, into the 1000es it's not going to work.  HDCP 2.2 was not finalized until February 27, 2013, so it's doubtful the 1000es has it IMHO.  I think this is probably one of the problems with the Sony server now.

post #4992 of 9665
Thanks, that makes sense. Things are a bit worse than I thought. I can not pass on the streamer and wait for 4K bluray because of the same problem. Sony better come up with a fix or these things will become totally obsolete in no time. eek.gif

One possibility for there being no Sony announcement is that the feasibility of the mod to previously manufactured 1000s is not yet known.

If the 1000 can NEVER play Hollywood movies at 4K 24p on ANY source device then Sony will likely be liable. Because damages will be high, if at all feasible, Sony has no financial choice but to come up with a fix. If a fix is not feasible, they will likely have to pay damages and look at it as the cost of doing business or replace our projectors with newly manufactured compliant 1000es.

It's just a fact that many of us will not be willing to take a $25,000 loss on the chin.
Edited by G-Rex - 7/9/13 at 12:04pm
post #4993 of 9665

Maybe the sad part about this for the people that laid out $$$ for the 1000es is that Sony will do what they did with the Qualia, that is the Ruby.  You will probably see the release of a 4K HDCP 2.2 compliant projector that does 80-90% of what the 1000es does for 50% of the price in the next few months. 

post #4994 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

This thread is really something lately. Two things:

I think it is a little bizarre we have the puck and the next gen consoles coming out before the new HDMI/HDCP is finalized. That is probably only a few months away. Poor planning somewhere. That is a lot of what is driving these incompatibilities.

Also, I find it hard to believe anybody would buy something like this and expect future compatibility without the actual standards being in place for 4K. Truth be told, I would have bought anyway, but it helped that I knew Sony's history of upgrading the Qualia projector when new standards were released. But this whole thing about online authentication has me a little worried. I figured I would be ok getting from HDMI 1.x to 2.x, somehow, someway, but this is a major paradigm shift they are talking about, and I hope the fact the money I and others spent on this projector gives us a lot of leverage in this regard, because it may not be a simple fix.

 

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Sony is talking about HDCP 2.2 plus some additional measures for protection of their studios IP.  Once again a propritory Sony system; what will the other studios require or do or will they acquiesce to Sony?

post #4995 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post

Maybe the sad part about this for the people that laid out $$$ for the 1000es is that Sony will do what they did with the Qualia, that is the Ruby.  You will probably see the release of a 4K HDCP 2.2 compliant projector that does 80-90% of what the 1000es does for 50% of the price in the next few months. 

True but it will not have the optics of the 1000.
post #4996 of 9665
The 1000 will need both HDCP 2.2 and a new LAN protocol. What might make it even more complicated is that when one look at the drawings of the HDMI Port-4 on the 55"/65" TV in the manual, the HDMI plug looks like it is larger. Something a owner of the TV noted. This might be the new HDMI 2.0 plug, which means a larger hole needs to be made.

HDMI 2.0 will certainly come with HDCP 2.2 or newer as a standard. And any new 4K disc format player will have this which will be the only possible 4K disc content transfer possibility.

The 55"/65" TV inbuilt media player doesn't play 4K from the USB port. It is strictly 1080p (at least for now). Which means that if you have 4K content on a USB stick you want to bring to a friend to watch, you have to load it to a PC first that has HDMI that is HDCP compliant.
post #4997 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Thanks, that makes sense. Things are a bit worse than I thought. I can not pass on the streamer and wait for 4K bluray because of the same problem. Sony better come up with a fix or these things will become totally obsolete in no time. eek.gif

One possibility for there being no Sony announcement is that the feasibility of the mod to previously manufactured 1000s is not yet known.

If the 1000 can NEVER play Hollywood movies at 4K 24p on ANY source device then Sony will likely be liable. Because damages will be high, if at all feasible, Sony has no financial choice but to come up with a fix. If a fix is not feasible, they will likely have to pay damages and look at it as the cost of doing business or replace our projectors with newly manufactured compliant 1000es.

It's just a fact that many of us will not be willing to take a $25,000 loss on the chin.

The 1000 remains a current model for Sony, just like the 4k flat panels - I don't believe the 1000 or the flat panels were sold caveat emptor that they wouldn't play content at the specified resolutions, nor was there a warning that the flat panels would need upgrading to work with a future media player

So it would be very hard for Sony to argue that the 1000 would not quality for an upgrade while the flat panels do...they were all sold under the same pretense and lack of clarity regarding this future (now present) scenario, and they are all current models.

They need to figure out how to do this in the home however, as they are begging for issues having these units shipped repeatedly.

And I heard today for flat panel owners, Sony's service does not include removal and reinstall of any wall mounted screens...who's doing/paying for that?
post #4998 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Thanks, that makes sense. Things are a bit worse than I thought. I can not pass on the streamer and wait for 4K bluray because of the same problem. Sony better come up with a fix or these things will become totally obsolete in no time. eek.gif

One possibility for there being no Sony announcement is that the feasibility of the mod to previously manufactured 1000s is not yet known.

If the 1000 can NEVER play Hollywood movies at 4K 24p on ANY source device then Sony will likely be liable. Because damages will be high, if at all feasible, Sony has no financial choice but to come up with a fix. If a fix is not feasible, they will likely have to pay damages and look at it as the cost of doing business or replace our projectors with newly manufactured compliant 1000es.

It's just a fact that many of us will not be willing to take a $25,000 loss on the chin.

 

I believe the FMP-X1 is just a smart box with a hard disc drive in it.  So outside of a removable plastic disc, it's more or less the same as what a 4K blu-ray HDCP 2.2 player might look like anyway.  You down load to a HDD and then play from the HDD for the FMP-X1 vs. loading a plastic disc.

 

I wish you luck but I really don't see where Sony has a lot of risk here if they don't make the 1000es compliant with the FMP-X1.  They never promised more than a 4K capable projector and they have in fact delivered one.  They did not sell or market a projector compliant with HDCP 2.2 because HDCP 2.2 did not exist at the time.  Like wise, the FMP-X1 did not exist at the time the VW-1000es was introduced.  Making it compatible is a very logical thing to do or offer an upgrade path for it, but I see little legal liability if they don't.

 

I think they are guilty of selling a dream. At CEDIA they showed me a demo and told me the source material was 4K and that the projector could play back 4K source material.  They also told me that it could play back DVD and Blu-ray source material and would up-scale to 4K.  But they never told me it was going to work with the FMP-X1 and they never told me where or when I could expect to find 4K source material.

 

Again, I do hope they do make it compatible, but I can see a scenario with limitations playing out here.  It reminds me of the time I bought a new car only to find out after 12 months of ownership that there was a known, by the manufacture, design problem with the engine.  I had to pay to have the engine rebuilt.  I took them to court, I was going to show them.  My court case netted me a 20% reimbursement of the engine rebuild cost from the manufacturer.  The out of pocket attorney fees and court costs would have bought me two new engines.  At the end of the day I had a 12 month old car with a rebuilt engine and less money than I started with when the problem first surfaced.  Caveat emptor!


Edited by b curry - 7/9/13 at 2:01pm
post #4999 of 9665
Does anyone know at what HZ each eye sees 3d video on the Sony? I cannot find it in the specs. I am guessing 48hz per eye for 24p 3d Blu Ray content?
post #5000 of 9665
I just don't see how a modification would not be possible on the 1000ES. It was built by man and space in this age of miniturization would not be an issue. Connector space could be an issue but if a man can land on the moon there are solutions. I am accused of being negative but come on guys, we will have a mod for our our 1000ES just like Sony is modding its 4K flat panels.

Of course Sony is not going to have its techs demount and remount panels. the potential liability costs would be high. I suspect the only reason they are doing in home service for this as well as much in home service is done by repair services is that shipping panels once unpacked is not practicable... unlike projector boxes, panel boxes are not kept etc. Who will pay? You will or you will do it yourself, I suspect. If a projector fails, the projector manufacturer does not pay for demounting and remounting and unless a failure is early in the projectors life, the buyer pays shipping to the repair facility. Whether a projector mod is done at a center or in a home, my guess is that a demount and remount would be required. For most of us here, mounting our 45 lb projectors is not much of a problem. But for some it would be.

What will happen. We will just have to wait and see what procedures Sony establishes. And now you see all the issues re that they must consider before speaking too soon.
post #5001 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post

I wish you luck but I really don't see where Sony has a lot of risk here if they don't make the 1000es compliant with the FMP-X1.  They never promised more than a 4K capable projector and they have in fact delivered one.  They did not sell or market a projector compliant with HDCP 2.2 because HDCP 2.2 did not exist at the time.  Like wise, the FMP-X1 did not exist at the time the VW-1000es was introduced.  Making it compatible is a very logical thing to do or offer an upgrade path for it, but I see little legal liability if they don't.

Google "VPL-VW1000ES future proof" and you will find numerous articles where Sony extols the 1000ES being future proof with regard to 4k content and hdmi spec changes.
post #5002 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post

I believe the FMP-X1 is just a smart box with a hard disc drive in it.  So outside of a removable plastic disc, it's more or less the same as what a 4K blu-ray HDCP 2.2 player might look like anyway.  You down load to a HDD and then play from the HDD for the FMP-X1 vs. loading a plastic disc.

I wish you luck but I really don't see where Sony has a lot of risk here if they don't make the 1000es compliant with the FMP-X1.  They never promised more than a 4K capable projector and they have in fact delivered one.  I think they are guilty of selling a dream.  Again, I hope they do make it compatible but I can see a scenario with limitations playing out here.  It reminds me of the time I bought a new car only to find out after 12 months of ownership that there was a known, by the manufacture, design problem with the engine.  I had to pay to have the engine rebuilt.  I took them to court, I was going to show them.  My court case netted me a 20% reimbursement of the engine rebuild cost from the manufacturer.  The out of pocket attorney fees and court costs would have bought me two new engines.  At the end of the day I had a 12 month old car with a rebuilt engine and less money than I started with when the problem first surfaced.  Caveat emptor!

Do you own a 1000?

I find it hard to believe that a known car engine defect would not be completely covered by the manufacturer. I've had two cars bought back by manufacturers for lesser issues, no attorneys, no court.

Anyway, Sony stands to lose a bit if they don't do the right thing.

- people who bough this projector have money, and the dealers would be furious if their best customers were burned by Sony. Do you think any 1000 owner would buy a Sony product for some time, if ever if left hanging with a $25k unsupported device?
- you know there's more than one attorney who owns one, and would willing to start a class action suit if Sony opted to ignore this issue.
- bad PR matters to companies who have some intelligence...if 1000 owners are left hanging, there is sure to be press about it, and people considering Sony products may certainly wonder if they'd be the next to be left hanging for some future incompatibility.

I agree with Mark that there is no technical reason why it cannot be done. If they can do it for the flat panel, they can do it for the projectors. It's likely an input board and firmware.

And there really is no caveat emptor here...there are no explicit promises made for a lot a functionality for a lot of things - that doesn't mean there isn't a reasonable expectation that the product would offer certain functionality based on its specifications and features (ie, a 4k projector being able to play 4k content from the same manufacturer is a reasonable expectation).

I don't think the flat panels were advanced-marketed as being expressly compatible with the then-unannounced FMP-X1 player either. Both projector and flat panel owners would have equal and reasonable expectation that such a media player would work with devices made by the same manufacturer that are contemporaneous and are marketed as supporting the same fundamental capabilities (i.e. 4k input and image resolution)
post #5003 of 9665
While not specifically about the HDCP issue, watch from 4:00 to about 4:40 (this is the former product manager for the 1000 - she was fantastic!)

It's good to know that future-proofing and protecting the 1000 purchasers was on their mind from the beginning...


Edited by thrang - 7/9/13 at 2:39pm
post #5004 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

While not specifically about the HDCP issue, watch from 4:00 to about 4:40 (this is the former product manager for the 1000 - she was fantastic!)

It's good to know that future-proofing and protecting the 1000 purchasers was on their mind from the beginning...


That video alone is worth gold! Great find. And it does make me breath a little easier. smile.gif
post #5005 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by discodol View Post

Hi Joerod,

Since you have reviewed the 1000ES and the 95ES which do you think does a better job with 3D?

And what settings on the 1000ES do you use to get the best 3D image?

Just saw this. The 1000 does 3D the best I have seen outside a DLP device. As for latest settings I will post them next time I am down there. cool.gif
post #5006 of 9665
I am surprised that sony released the player before it was compatible with the panels and/or the vw1000. Anybody contemplating the red player as an alternate?
post #5007 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post


Do you own a 1000?

I find it hard to believe that a known car engine defect would not be completely covered by the manufacturer. I've had two cars bought back by manufacturers for lesser issues, no attorneys, no court.

Anyway, Sony stands to lose a bit if they don't do the right thing.

- people who bough this projector have money, and the dealers would be furious if their best customers were burned by Sony. Do you think any 1000 owner would buy a Sony product for some time, if ever if left hanging with a $25k unsupported device?
- you know there's more than one attorney who owns one, and would willing to start a class action suit if Sony opted to ignore this issue.
- bad PR matters to companies who have some intelligence...if 1000 owners are left hanging, there is sure to be press about it, and people considering Sony products may certainly wonder if they'd be the next to be left hanging for some future incompatibility.

I agree with Mark that there is no technical reason why it cannot be done. If they can do it for the flat panel, they can do it for the projectors. It's likely an input board and firmware.

And there really is no caveat emptor here...there are no explicit promises made for a lot a functionality for a lot of things - that doesn't mean there isn't a reasonable expectation that the product would offer certain functionality based on its specifications and features (ie, a 4k projector being able to play 4k content from the same manufacturer is a reasonable expectation).

I don't think the flat panels were advanced-marketed as being expressly compatible with the then-unannounced FMP-X1 player either. Both projector and flat panel owners would have equal and reasonable expectation that such a media player would work with devices made by the same manufacturer that are contemporaneous and are marketed as supporting the same fundamental capabilities (i.e. 4k input and image resolution)

 

 

Of course people who bought and dealers who sold the units would be furious.  Again I hope there is an upgrade path presented to owners and soon.  Bad PR matters.  But it would not be the first time for a company to do this and especially not for Sony.  I would point out that Sony CE has introduced and abandoned numerous propriety formats and hardware that good people have invested in the last 40 years.  Sony's mistakes and bad management in the past 10 years have taken them from a CE giant to a struggling want-to-be.  You see another example here, first hand, of how not to roll out a product by the people at Sony.

 

I have no desire to argue with you.  Just presenting a different view point to the liability question as everyone is speculating on hear say.  If there is a class action suit I wish you luck.  My involvement in class actions with Apple got me $20 on a $400 purchase; class action with De Beers got me $535 on a $50,000 purchase after some 6 years of waiting.  People don't typically do real well in class actions vs. their damages.   I'm sure there is an attorney that will take such a class action suit, after all it's what they do.

 

I agree with Mark and I hope there is an easy way to upgrade the units.  At $25,000 MSRP and the desire to lead the way on the next big thing, Sony certainly has the margin to make it right I would think.

 

Regarding your last two paragraphs; again I'm simply pointing out a different view point.  The VW-1000es was introduced in 2011 with sales beginning in 2012 and no defined availability path for commercial 4k content, only that it could play back native 4k if it was in an acceptable format and that it would upscale lesser resolutions.  I see little merit in a law suit, class action or otherwise, for compatibility of product introduced some two years later.  To quote Yogi Berra "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."  Just because you have expectations that you believe are reasonable does not make it so.  It's something I hope you will not have to argue about in court and I'm only pointing out that I believe Sony has no legal obligation to make the 1000es compatable with the FMP-X1.

 

As for your first question, I tried one out at home.  It did not meet our needs for brightness and the extra resolution was not of benefit at our viewing distances.  At this point I'm sure I made the right decision as well.  I see no benefit in a $700 server with 10 preselected movies, an undefined for implementation DRM/HDCP system, and a $25,000 4K projector that has no content support after two years.  I'll wait for better support.

 

I hope this is all resolved in a good way soon!

post #5008 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post


Of course people who bought and dealers who sold the units would be furious.  Again I hope there is an upgrade path presented to owners and soon.  Bad PR matters.  But it would not be the first time for a company to do this and especially not for Sony.  I would point out that Sony CE has introduced and abandoned numerous propriety formats and hardware that good people have invested in the last 40 years.  Sony's mistakes and bad management in the past 10 years have taken them from a CE giant to a struggling want-to-be.  You see another example here, first hand, of how not to roll out a product by the people at Sony.

I have no desire to argue with you.  Just presenting a different view point to the liability question as everyone is speculating on hear say.  If there is a class action suit I wish you luck.  My involvement in class actions with Apple got me $20 on a $400 purchase; class action with De Beers got me $535 on a $50,000 purchase after some 6 years of waiting.  People don't typically do real well in class actions vs. their damages.   I'm sure there is an attorney that will take such a class action suit, after all it's what they do.

I agree with Mark and I hope there is an easy way to upgrade the units.  At $25,000 MSRP and the desire to lead the way on the next big thing, Sony certainly has the margin to make it right I would think.

Regarding your last two paragraphs; again I'm simply pointing out a different view point.  The VW-1000es was introduced in 2011 with sales beginning in 2012 and no defined availability path for commercial 4k content, only that it could play back native 4k if it was in an acceptable format and that it would upscale lesser resolutions.  I see little merit in a law suit, class action or otherwise, for compatibility of product introduced some two years later.  To quote Yogi Berra "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."  Just because you have expectations that you believe are reasonable does not make it so.  It's something I hope you will not have to argue about in court and I'm only pointing out that I believe Sony has no legal obligation to make the 1000es compatable with the FMP-X1.

As for your first question, I tried one out at home.  It did not meet our needs for brightness and the extra resolution was not of benefit at our viewing distances.  At this point I'm sure I made the right decision as well.  I see no benefit in a $700 server with 10 preselected movies, an undefined for implementation DRM/HDCP system, and a $25,000 4K projector that has no content support after two years.  I'll wait for better support.

I hope this is all resolved in a good way soon!

Anyone purchasing a consumer display is expecting to play commercial content - in this case, 4k content included
post #5009 of 9665
Half the talk here is about Sony not saying anything official quick enough for them. Half the talk here assumes the 1000ES won't be made compatible with protection scheme employed by the Sony server. The third half bitches about the procedures and costs associated with getting this done. Yea. 3 halfs does not equal one. Duh! Nothing is really known yet about anything except unofficial assurances from Sony people saying a solution is being worked on.

Then we have a documented video of the ex Sony ES product manger saying the engineers at Sony told her the 1000ES was designed so that the input board etc could be updated for changing 4K technology such as increased frame rates and longer bit lengths. We have known that for a long time. We didn't need documentation. Sony never promised such updates would be done for free. The issue of content protection has just come up buy obviously its just something else modular construction, an input board, would allow. And Joerod says looking at Amy talking makes him breath easier. Amy who just got married is extremely cute, bright, and beautiful If Joe were normal, looking at her would increase his breath rate. I mean this as a compliment to Amy who is a friend.

Now lets suppose Panasonic comes out with a 4K player that only works with Panasonic 4K displays? What would Sony be required to do? You get the idea, there are lots of scenarios here. It would be best if a protection scheme was decided upon and agreed by all player players. It is indeed too bad that the sony projectors are not designed with input card slots like the old electrohome CRT projectors. just loosen a few screws and pull the board out, detach a few cables and reverse the procedure with a new board/ Duh. That's pretty much what changing out an input board would involve except you have to open the mother up.

Its all going to take some time to design and build a board and personally I would like the board to be the coming HDMI 2.0 with HDCP2.2 and whatever even if I had to wait a bit more.
Edited by mark haflich - 7/9/13 at 5:59pm
post #5010 of 9665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Its all going to take some time to design and build a board and personally I would like the board to be the coming HDMI 2.0 with HDCP2.2 and whatever even if I had to wait a bit more.

This would be the best case scenario. Waiting would be welcome if this is the path Sony takes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home