or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 176

post #5251 of 9668
I think we can officially say we got their attention.
biggrin.gif
post #5252 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORLL View Post

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but here i a comment from Sony about 4K content for the VW1000ES.

Sony blog: https://blog.sony.com/2013/07/more-4k-faq/

Thanks for this. I posted a comment there, as they subtly word the 1000 response differently than the 84" response...lets see if they respond, or take it down...
post #5253 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Thanks for this. I posted a comment there, as they subtly word the 1000 response differently than the 84" response...lets see if they respond, or take it down...

Thrang

Looks like they took it down as there are only 2 comments there and of inconsequential value.

Try reposting the comment and post a copy here for all of us

Stew
post #5254 of 9668
WOW read the FAQ at Sony...

https://blog.sony.com/2013/07/more-4k-faq/

Are you serious. What a cluster F&@^.

Do they want 4K to succeed?
post #5255 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post

Thrang

Looks like they took it down as there are only 2 comments there and of inconsequential value.

Try reposting the comment and post a copy here for all of us

Stew

Interesting....I will repost it and post it here... If others agree wih the request for clarification they should also post there
post #5256 of 9668
This is what I posted:
Quote:
The devil is in the details – the wording of your response for the 1000 is curious when compared with the wording for the 84″

Can you say straight up that the 1000 will be on equal footing with your other 4k devices to be able to play secured, commercial content from your new movie service (ie Feature films) and not just unsecured, non-commercial content?

For example, you mention “activation” with the new service for th 84″ panel owners, but do not with the 1000. To me, the 1000 and 84″ owners are in the same boat regarding the FMP-X1 and 4k Unlimited Service for secured commercial content, and could have been addressed jointly, but were not.

Please clarify this. Thanks

After I reposted, it seems the first post went back up and now there are two there...strange...perhaps they really read this thread!

All we want is clarity, and their wording is curiously creative....
post #5257 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

This is what I posted:
After I reposted, it seems the first post went back up and now there are two there...strange...perhaps they really read this thread!

All we want is clarity, and their wording is curiously creative....

Thanks for posting your question here on the forum

Weird but I go to the blog, https://blog.sony.com/2013/07/more-4k-faq/ and your posts do not appear
post #5258 of 9668
You're right - I now checked from my iPhone and they are not there...
post #5259 of 9668
"We moderate all our comments so if you don't see it, don't worry. Check back soon."
post #5260 of 9668
Yes I know but it's been up, down, up now down...whatever...
post #5261 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

You're right - I now checked from my iPhone and they are not there...

I just posted my own comment on their site. There is a note that they check the postings and there might be a delay in it showing

"We moderate all our comments so if you don't see it, don't worry. Check back soon."

We will see.
Did the original poster for Sony, Ray Hartjen, ever state his position or authorization for his comments ?
post #5262 of 9668
I think you guys are reading more into this than there is. Sony is saying they are going to provide you a path to the 4k movie content:

"Please be assured Sony will meet our customers’ expectations to provide a path to enjoy 4K content from a media player compatible with the VPL-VW1000ES. Details of our program to integrate the FMP-X1 4K media player will be announced and implemented as the Video Unlimited 4K download service is finalized and later this summer."

There would be no reason to even have the statement if just talking about playing unsecured 4K content. The VW1000ES does that right now. Sony has been telling us for a while now, that the server will be made to work with the VW1000ES. Nothing has changed. Sony was aware of and working on the problem long before it was reported in the forum. The situation between the 84" panel and the VW1000ES is only different, because it requires a different fix.
Reply
Reply
post #5263 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Yes I know but it's been up, down, up now down...whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post

I just posted my own comment on their site. There is a note that they check the postings and there might be a delay in it showing

"We moderate all our comments so if you don't see it, don't worry. Check back soon."

We will see.
Did the original poster for Sony, Ray Hartjen, ever state his position or authorization for his comments ?

Both your comments are up.. I wonder if they will reply
post #5264 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by discodol View Post

I have not seen any true 4k on a projector but I have seen true 4k on the Sony 65" panel and it is totally awesome!

It is so much better than 1080p that when Sony produces the 65" panel without the speakers, which my dealer says should be very soon, I am seriously thinking about replacing my 65" Panny VT30 with one so we can enjoy 4k
during the middle of the day when I don't want to lower all the black out shades.

The truth be told I hope someone comes out with a 4k panel larger than 65" pretty soon so I can go larger as after looking at my 1000ES on a 124" screen a 65" panel seems more like looking at a postage stamp that a tv!!!

I am so desperate for some true 4k content that I just put a 4k video card in my pc so I can attempt to view some 4k that I am hoping to find on the WWW!

That is how good true 4k is to my eyes!


Sony do still make the 84" and there you can take the speakers off ( and it got a true 200/240 Hz panel - not a 100/120 Hz panel like in the 55/65" model despite they put the 200/240hz X-Reality PRO proccesor in it wink.gif)

BTW I have seen Sony´s 4K materiel on the 1000ES, 84X9005, 55X9005 and 65X9005

dj
post #5265 of 9668
Thought I would share as this might help some of you who have been disappointed about not being able to use Sony's new 4k media streamer. Had an opportunity to do a side by side comparison of the preloaded 4k content (Amazing Spiderman) on the Sony player vs the Mastered in 4k Bluray version of the same movie.

Results? with the exception of slight differences in color palate between the two displays (Sony vs Samsung 65 inch) the content was indistinguishable.

That doesn't mean 4k is not far superior to 1080p. IMO, it just means the initial set of content provided by Sony with the hockey puck is nothing special in terms of native 4k. We did however view some 4k clips on YouTube which were breathtaking in 4k.

Bottom line? I don't mind waiting until substantially more content becomes available. After a side by side comp, I don't feel I'm missing much at all. Buy the Mastered in 4k Bluray. It looks just as good IMO.
post #5266 of 9668
"Mastered in 4K" is something pretty wrong, the correct is Mastered FROM 4K.

They are just deceiving the consumers like this.
post #5267 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post

"Mastered in 4K" is something pretty wrong, the correct is Mastered FROM 4K.

They are just deceiving the consumers like this.
Agreed, "Mastered in 4K" is grammatically wrong. Sony should change the wording to "Mastered from 4K" for all future releases.
post #5268 of 9668
Here is a Odemax puzzle.

They have been tweeting the last 11-17 hours the following;

(First tweet first.)

8113

0801

八一一三

VIII I

1 elokuu

Will Odemax launch August 1 ?

https://twitter.com/ODEMAX

.
Edited by coolscan - 7/27/13 at 3:31pm
post #5269 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolscan View Post

Here is a Odemax puzzle.

They have been tweeting the last 11-17 hours the following;

(First tweet first.)

8113

0801

八一一三

VIII I

1 elokuu

Will Odemax launch August 1 ?

https://twitter.com/ODEMAX

.

Could they be more cryptic? I would also guess 8/1/13 launch.
post #5270 of 9668
Redray player went from $1450 to $1750 atm, not cool (and isn't even available yet):
http://www.red.com/store/products/redray-player?utm_source=red.com&utm_medium=homepage&eBslide&utm_campaign=REDRAY_Launch
post #5271 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Thought I would share as this might help some of you who have been disappointed about not being able to use Sony's new 4k media streamer. Had an opportunity to do a side by side comparison of the preloaded 4k content (Amazing Spiderman) on the Sony player vs the Mastered in 4k Bluray version of the same movie.

Results? with the exception of slight differences in color palate between the two displays (Sony vs Samsung 65 inch) the content was indistinguishable.

That doesn't mean 4k is not far superior to 1080p. IMO, it just means the initial set of content provided by Sony with the hockey puck is nothing special in terms of native 4k. We did however view some 4k clips on YouTube which were breathtaking in 4k.

Bottom line? I don't mind waiting until substantially more content becomes available. After a side by side comp, I don't feel I'm missing much at all. Buy the Mastered in 4k Bluray. It looks just as good IMO.

I was with addino for the comparison, and I agree - there was really almost no difference between the blu ray and 4k versions of The Amazing Spider-Man...looking at other 4k titles was no more impressive...hoping this is just poor first passes at content, much like early blu rays were quick and bad conversions...
Edited by thrang - 7/27/13 at 4:31pm
post #5272 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

I was with addino for the comparison, and I agree - there was really almost no difference between the blu ray and 4k versions of The Amazing Spider-Man...looking at other 4k titles was no more impressive...hoping this is just poor first passes at content, much like early blu rays were quick and bad conversions...

This is the kind of deflating reports that keep coming about 4K. I wonder how the 4K revolution will turn out.
post #5273 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

This is the kind of deflating reports that keep coming about 4K. I wonder how the 4K revolution will turn out.

Be worthwhile knowing at what viewing ratio these observations were made.
post #5274 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highjinx View Post

Be worthwhile knowing at what viewing ratio these observations were made.

We were standing, so we moved in and out, but about 7-8 feet on average.
post #5275 of 9668
I have seen some 4K material on my VW1000 and to me it is not a big difference between BD upscaled and with RC and 4K material, but if you compare it to an average 1080p projector it is a big difference(but this is also the case with normal BD uscaled). It is of corse early 4K days, but this showes that the VW1000 does a really good job in upscaling otgether with RC. I am in no hurry in getting 4K material I am happy with upscaled 1080p.smile.gif
post #5276 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

We were standing, so we moved in and out, but about 7-8 feet on average.

Thanks...Screen size?
post #5277 of 9668
Now I feel like there is no Santa Clause. eek.gifbiggrin.gif
post #5278 of 9668
When you have enthusiasts, hobbyists like those who would inhabit a place like this checking out 4K content on big projected images and saying there's little to no difference, how in the world will
this be sold to average consumers? At least they could immediately see a difference between a flat screen and their old tube sets, then between HD and DVD, and then, easily between 3D and 2D (even if they didn't
care for 3D). But this...it seems like there's going to be a lot of salesmen having to take the "who are you going to believe, me that 4K looks clearly better and worth your upgrade money, or your lying eyes?"

I dunno. Well, coke has been successfully re-marketing the same drink for a hundred years, so perhaps with enough effort they can pull if off.

Sorry, as an enthusiast about this stuff I'm feeling more cynical about so much effort going into a new standard that realism councils me to expect little benefit. (Which is why I'd be MUCH more enthusiastic about great strides in areas like contrast).
post #5279 of 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

When you have enthusiasts, hobbyists like those who would inhabit a place like this checking out 4K content on big projected images and saying there's little to no difference, how in the world will
this be sold to average consumers? At least they could immediately see a difference between a flat screen and their old tube sets, then between HD and DVD, and then, easily between 3D and 2D (even if they didn't
care for 3D). But this...it seems like there's going to be a lot of salesmen having to take the "who are you going to believe, me that 4K looks clearly better and worth your upgrade money, or your lying eyes?"

I dunno. Well, coke has been successfully re-marketing the same drink for a hundred years, so perhaps with enough effort they can pull if off.

Sorry, as an enthusiast about this stuff I'm feeling more cynical about so much effort going into a new standard that realism councils me to expect little benefit. (Which is why I'd be MUCH more enthusiastic about great strides in areas like contrast).

But the people in here are saying slight difference between current 4k native and 4k upscale from good masters. NOT that 4k looks similar to 1080p. Very important distinction.

And as others have noted, we have no real 4k standard in use (with the proper colour space), and just the extreme razor's edge for content.
post #5280 of 9668
The average consumer won't be interested in 4K for many years. Price will need to drop by a factor of at least 5, content will need to be inexpensive and readily available, etc. Most of the younger generation watches movies on iPads and smart phones. By the time 4K is commonplace the display devices we have to today will be ancient history.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home