or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › New Girl on FOX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Girl on FOX HD - Page 5

post #121 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Really? Hitting a turkey with a racquet because it won't fit in the oven is funny?

Yes.
post #122 of 449
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Really? Hitting a turkey with a racquet because it won't fit in the oven is funny?

Not really, no. But you realize the show was about 22 minutes long, right? And in those 22 minutes they did much more than smack a turkey with a tennis racket.
post #123 of 449
I guess for me the show is just a little too inconsistent, like it doesn't really know what type of show it wants to be. Sometimes it is almost slapstick, like the turkey scenes, and other times it is just quirky humour. I would prefer one or the other. The last episode almost felt like there were some Saturday Night Live improv skits inserted randomly throughout the show, and it really didn't seem to fit with the regular style up til now. Anyways, I don't want to bash too much. I might catch an episode later on if I can clear some space on my PVR hard drive - to see if it finds its groove.
post #124 of 449
Actually, I love the Stooges. Thing is, they were consistent in their slapstick - they didn't switch to a different style of comedy and back throughout one episode.
post #125 of 449
I watched a rereun last night on the dvr. And I have to say, hearing Zoey's boyfriend imitate Jimmy Stewart talking dirty during role playing was one of the most creepy and cringe worthy moments I've seen on a TV show. The rest of the episode was pretty funny, especially the roommates giving Zoey sex advice. The ensemble is definitely starting to work. But during that one scene in the bedroom, all I could think of was 'Yikes' as my jaw hit the floor.
post #126 of 449
Show is getting better and better.
post #127 of 449
Thread Starter 
Last couple of episodes were awesome. The show has really found it's stride. Love last night's episode a lot, especially the towel scene at the end. It was also a lot of fun to see Jess fight back.
post #128 of 449
The towel scene at the end was hilarious. I am surprised they waited until the very last scene to show it.
post #129 of 449
I think Schmidt makes this show worth watching, like Barney and Sheldon, a key character to keep the flow and the quirky bits coming...
post #130 of 449
Right now I'm watching solely because of Lizzy Caplan's three-episode arc guest star appearances. She's extremely funny, has perfect timing and delivery, can do no wrong, and she's freaking hot as hell.
post #131 of 449
damn, why does she only have to be on for 3-episodes ? I love her, and I like the dynamic between her and Jess on the show
post #132 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

The towel scene at the end was hilarious.

Agreed. I about choked I was laughing so hard. The cast is finally starting to gel, and the writing is improving. Still can't stand Zoey when she's doing the infantile talking, though.
post #133 of 449
My wife like this show a lot. I don't watch much as for me it's been hit and miss, mostly miss. I watched the entire episode last night and not much has changed. I laughed out loud for the last 30 seconds and was bored the rest of the time.
post #134 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Agreed. I about choked I was laughing so hard. The cast is finally starting to gel, and the writing is improving. Still can't stand Zoey when she's doing the infantile talking, though.

That was hilarious! I hope Nick wasn't being serious about never washing his towel...eww!

I also LOLed when Schmidt said he was taking his humidifier and towel to his bedroom where "nothing ever gets wet"!
post #135 of 449
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

That was hilarious! I hope Nick wasn't being serious about never washing his towel...eww!

I also LOLed when Schmidt said he was taking his humidifier and towel to his bedroom where "nothing ever gets wet"!

Why would I wash a towel? It washes me! Next you're going to tell me I should clean a shower.
post #136 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Why would I wash a towel? It washes me! Next you're going to tell me I should clean a shower.

Wash a bar of soap? You got to think here pal.
post #137 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Wash a bar of soap? You got to think here pal.

Ha ha. Friends had an early episode in which roommates Joey and Chandler were arguing over whether or not you needed separate bars of soap in a shower you both used (at different times, of course).

Chandler: It's soap! It's self-cleaning!

Joey: Really? OK, think of the first place you wash, and then think of the last place I wash.

Chandler:
post #138 of 449
Another solid episode.

Schmidt almost had himself a pretty sweet situation going.
post #139 of 449
Funniest show in a while. Puts a falsehood to claims that the guys aren't all that funny.
post #140 of 449
well i watched at the beginning of the season but gave up after 3 eps as not once did it make me laugh.

have things really changed now? is it funnier than 2 broke girls, mike and molly, and whitney?
post #141 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

well i watched at the beginning of the season but gave up after 3 eps as not once did it make me laugh.

have things really changed now? is it funnier than 2 broke girls, mike and molly, and whitney?

I think it is currently better than all three of those shows, especially the "so bad you'll want to throw your television out the window" show known as Whitney.
post #142 of 449
Thread Starter 
The last 4 episodes have been spectacular. I love the show now. As a baseline, my favorite comedies on TV right now are Happy Endings, Community, and Parks and Rec. This is top 5 along with The League.
post #143 of 449
Schmidt is consistently hilarious! I could not stop laughing at his European tourist impression! I didn't understand though why he snuck back into the apartment so quickly.

I really like Jess and Nick's dynamic. I was afraid they would take the threesome opportunity and use it as an excuse to get the two of them together, but was glad they kept things platonic.

I love this show now and not just because I have a major crush on Zoey Deschanel
post #144 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

The last 4 episodes have been spectacular. I love the show now. As a baseline, my favorite comedies on TV right now are Happy Endings, Community, and Parks and Rec. This is top 5 along with The League.

I'm right there with you! I haven't gotten into Happy Endings but have been meaning to. Hope Netflix adds it to streaming soon so I can catch up with the show. I would probably put New Girl third behind Parks and Rec and Community for my favorite comedies. How I Met Your Mother is also up there though the current season has been a bit disappointing.
post #145 of 449
I agree that the last few episodes have been funnier. The cast is being developed and Zooey is acting (somewhat) less like an annoying child in a cute woman's body.
post #146 of 449
I really liked the flashback scenes from this weeks episode of Nick finding $5 and Jess being offered candy from a stranger...lol
post #147 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

I think it is currently better than all three of those shows, especially the "so bad you'll want to throw your television out the window" show known as Whitney.

Whitney has some problems but it is not a bad show. There is usually several high spots. There are some bad things including some of the supporting cast, the laugh track and the timing but that show may grow into something. As I've said before, to me it is an updated version of I Love Lucy.
post #148 of 449
well i guess i'll give it another look see. when is it running on fox so i can add it to my dvr?
post #149 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

well i guess i'll give it another look see. when is it running on fox so i can add it to my dvr?

I think its moved to Wednesday. I just dvr everything because I refuse to watch commercials and I generally don't have time to watch anything live.
post #150 of 449
Thread Starter 
Schmidt writes a croissant blog.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › New Girl on FOX HD