or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2011 NFL RedZone & DirecTV Red Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2011 NFL RedZone & DirecTV Red Zone - Page 3

post #61 of 114
I love NFL Red Zone. Totally intoxicating, even with no beer!
post #62 of 114
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

Not to my recollection. I don't ever remember them going off air until all the 4pm games were over, regardless of what time. OT and all.

There was one week last year where some combination of delays meant one game ran until about 8:15 or so. They ran the game up until 8 after which Scott Hanson apologised and they signed off without doing the customary touchdown recap.

Pretty sure they aren't allowed to cut into SNF time.
post #63 of 114
Getting Redzone for free on Directv and it's looking and sounding great this Sunday. Pretty much same as it always has.
post #64 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post
Getting Redzone for free on Directv and it's looking and sounding great this Sunday. Pretty much same as it always has.
Wrong thread
post #65 of 114
Quality of games today on RZC has been pretty good overall. I think they may have fixed their feed issue.
post #66 of 114
Topic title changed to cover both NFL & DirecTV versions.
post #67 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

Not to my recollection. I don't ever remember them going off air until all the 4pm games were over, regardless of what time. OT and all.

One time when they did so it was because they could not air during the NBC game.
post #68 of 114
Thread Starter 
NFLRZ seemed pretty good last Sunday (Week 2), all except the CHI-NO game which looked terrible.
post #69 of 114
Thread Starter 
Is anyone else seeing icky red "rain" all over the screen on NFL Fantasy Live on NFL RedZone (Verizon ch 835) today?
post #70 of 114
Thread Starter 
Ewwwwwww! NFLRedZone just came on, and something is obviously wrong. Compression artifacts are insane, audio is garbled and hissy. Completely unwatchable. Ick.

Gonna have to watch Giants @ Eagles on WNYW.
post #71 of 114
They just fixed the audio.

-Jody
post #72 of 114
Thread Starter 
Looks like everything's fixed. Good stuff.
post #73 of 114
I love this channel. Looking good via Directv.
post #74 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

I love this channel. Looking good via Directv.

Thank you for specifying which version you are watching.
post #75 of 114
I am hearing some robotic sounds on NFL RedZone via Comcast. Only noticing it on certain game feeds (mostly Fox), but it is definitely noticeable.
post #76 of 114
Thread Starter 
Looks like they've gone back to how it was last year on NFL RedZone. Practically all the game feeds are savagely compressed/transcoded.
post #77 of 114
I really enjoy this channel. I'm watching through Comcast. My only complaint is with the audio. I'm only getting sound through the center channel. If I switch to Fox or CBS, the audio is 5.1. I'm also getting some weird droning noise, mostly on the Fox games. It's really bad on the Vikings game and that sound goes away if I switch to the same game on Fox. I noticed this sound last week and it was also much worse on the Vikings game.
post #78 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd476 View Post

I really enjoy this channel. I'm watching through Comcast. My only complaint is with the audio. I'm only getting sound through the center channel. If I switch to Fox or CBS, the audio is 5.1. I'm also getting some weird droning noise, mostly on the Fox games. It's really bad on the Vikings game and that sound goes away if I switch to the same game on Fox. I noticed this sound last week and it was also much worse on the Vikings game.

You're getting that audio because RedZone only broadcasts in DD2.0.

I am also noticing the robotic (drone as you call it) noise on CBS games. Not as noticeable though.
post #79 of 114
Hearing a siren sound on the Vikings game on FiOS. Haven't noticed it on the other games.
post #80 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz View Post

Hearing a siren sound on the Vikings game on FiOS. Haven't noticed it on the other games.

I am too. And it is extremely annoying.
post #81 of 114
Thread Starter 
I'm hearing the same robotic drone on NFLRZ as well.
post #82 of 114
This was my first week with RedZone via Fios and I was sorely disappointed in the PQ/AQ. Hopefully this week was an anomaly and things will improve, because I loved the content. It's great for a fantasy football addict like myself
post #83 of 114
The siren drone is back, this time on the CAR/CHI game.
post #84 of 114
Thread Starter 
Another week, another set of technical issues on NFL RedZone. Intermittent glitchy audio is the thing this week. At least the robotic drone is gone.

All the games look decent enough, except CAR-CHI which makes me want to barf. NO-JAC also looks a little icky, but it's still quite watchable.
post #85 of 114
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by owine View Post

The siren drone is back, this time on the CAR/CHI game.

I don't hear it.

Actually, now I'm hearing it everywhere, on MIN-KC and SF-PHI.
post #86 of 114
Not seeing any of those issues on Redzone via Directv.
post #87 of 114
Haven't heard any audio issues or siren on NFL Red Zone via Uverse.
post #88 of 114
Thread Starter 
More audio drone on ATL-SEA.
post #89 of 114
Another week, more audio drone.
post #90 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by owine View Post

Another week, more audio drone.

I wish I could hear this "audio drone" on RedZone that I keep hearing about. Maybe there is something wrong with my speakers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2011 NFL RedZone & DirecTV Red Zone