1. White vertical lines evenly spaced (20-25)
2. Random in nature - Sometimes go away when press the top, sometimes go away by themselves, but from the last month, have become more persistent.
3. Total PJ usage till now is less than 100 hours
4. Since I flew it with me from US to India, it is out of warranty, unless I ship it back to US, which seems unlikely at this moment
5. I do not trust the service center in India a lot, since the bulb is practically new, and I am concerned that they may swap the new one with an old/refurbished one.
6. Tried opening the projector myself, but could not get the cover out completely. Got all screws out, removed the lamp, the rear portion loosened up and came off, but there seems to be something fastening the front grill to the body of the projector, hence can lift the cover about an inch from the rear, but cannot diagnose.
7. Have gone thru some of the threads, and some point it out as a serious isssue (DMD, image processor, bad solder etc), and some talk about it as being minor.
Please suggest what should be done. If it needs to be pulled apart, please let me know the instructions also, as am stuck!!!