or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "2 Broke Girls" on CBS HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"2 Broke Girls" on CBS HD - Page 17

post #481 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

By design. It's a parody of sitcoms. If you take it any other way you'll be sadly mistaken. smile.gif  

You are the only one I have EVER heard say that. Fine, if you want to keep believing that and it works for you.
post #482 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

How did this show get renewed? Who watches it? When I saw it was on for another season, my wife and I thought, OK, let's check it out. Writing is awful and I cannot really call it acting. They say their lines and that is it. Really terrible. We lasted 10 minutes. I think Garrett Morris was actually the only one who wasn't a stiff. And yes, I do get sarcasm, but didn't believe it could be an entire characters' and show's dialogue.

+1. It really is truly awful. Kat Denning's boobs are the stars of the show, but you can watch that only so long before getting bored. The dialogue is some of the worst written for TV I've ever heard.
post #483 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

How did this show get renewed? Who watches it? When I saw it was on for another season, my wife and I thought, OK, let's check it out. Writing is awful and I cannot really call it acting. They say their lines and that is it. Really terrible. We lasted 10 minutes. I think Garrett Morris was actually the only one who wasn't a stiff. And yes, I do get sarcasm, but didn't believe it could be an entire characters' and show's dialogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2007 View Post

+1. It really is truly awful. Kat Denning's boobs are the stars of the show, but you can watch that only so long before getting bored. The dialogue is some of the worst written for TV I've ever heard.
This isn't Lost by any stretch, but even as bad as it is, it is still a comedy to even out all the dramas on tv. At least on our tivo.
post #484 of 585
Good thing this show isn't known for consistency or continuity.  Won't the contributor who paid for slapping rights notice that, while the solicitation video showed a woman with blond hair streaming out of the bag and average-sized breasts, she's getting to slap a surrogate with thick brunette hair and the knockers of Kat Dennings?

Definitely a series to watch with one's brain in neutral.
post #485 of 585
I view it as a 21 min. stand up routine with a couple of jokes...
post #486 of 585
I was curious and finally watched last night episode. The posts above are absolutely are correct, this show is terrible. The penis jokes followed by the new phone scenario was a supposed to be funny?
post #487 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post


You are the only one I have EVER heard say that.

 

It's so obvious no one has to say it... I'm kind of slow and have to remind myself since I don't view it all that often. After about two minutes I remember.

post #488 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

It's so obvious no one has to say it... I'm kind of slow and have to remind myself since I don't view it all that often. After about two minutes I remember.

II think you are just rationalizing this in order to justify your wasted time. I don't see it as a parody of sitcoms. It isn't that smartly written or acted. It is simply bad TV.
post #489 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

It isn't that smartly written or acted.

 

Neither is SNL and they keep doing parody skits... when did I say they do it well?

post #490 of 585
I just don't see any evidence that they mean the show as a parody. Nor have I ever read anything that would suggest it is meant as a parody in any review or published article about the show.
post #491 of 585
I have to admit I didn't really care about last night's episode.

I will have to watch it again to be sure (I save them all (at least till the season 3 BLU Ray comes out)

saw it again Thursday morning and it wasn't that bad. Wasn't too good either bnut that is besides the poinbt
Edited by chitchatjf - 10/3/13 at 7:24am
post #492 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

II think you are just rationalizing this in order to justify your wasted time. I don't see it as a parody of sitcoms. It isn't that smartly written or acted. It is simply bad TV.

You're right and Charles is wrong. It isn't a parody; it's just awful TV with incredibly bad writing. Charles is pulling our leg or in denial.
Edited by Will2007 - 10/2/13 at 5:33am
post #493 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

I just don't see any evidence that they mean the show as a parody.


For me the evidence is from the writers. They admittedly dumb it down for middle America (mass appeal). According to them often the really intelligent jokes don't play to the live audience...


Edited by Charles R - 10/2/13 at 6:45am
post #494 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post


For me the evidence is from the writer's themselves. They admittedly dumb it down for middle America (mass appeal) and as such create a parody. According to them often the really intelligent jokes don't play to the live audience...

The trouble is, I've seen no evidence at all that the writers are capable of writing any intelligent jokes. And if they can, then they're not talented enough to be able to translate them to a mass audience, or these "intelligent jokes" are really just crossing the line in taste. Smart sitcoms can be done on network tv, and have been done in the past. What is usually the case is that the writers aren't that good and blame their problems on the "dumb" audience. Maybe they should have pitched this show to FX, Anger Management is still on the air.
post #495 of 585
It's no parody, it's just lowbrow.  My watching order for CBS's Monday night sitcoms is "2 Broke Girls" (requires no brainwork while I de-stress from whatever I was doing in real life before relaxing in front of the DVR at last), then "We Are Men," then "Mom" (starts to involve some thinking), and finally, when I'm well settled in and can pay full attention and enjoy it, "How I Met Your Mother" is saved for last.

In my childhood most television comedy was lowbrow and even slapstick.  Despite the contemporary setting and the sexual references, "2 Broke Girls" is nostalgic for me.
post #496 of 585
Weird when they add some little bit of drama people come here and say that this show sucks, they expected to see only jokes, well most if not all comedies add some little drama from time to time..
post #497 of 585
I feel sorry for Kat Dennings. This is becoming more and more beneath her.
post #498 of 585
I thought last night was okay. I don't know why Caroline kept whining like a sick sheep. Odd.
post #499 of 585
Yeah the Caroline whining bits were annoying the rest was OK...

I think Caroline wears shorter skirts every time, not that I'm complaining, she has great legs and Kat's cleavage even more pronounced..
post #500 of 585
While references to Dennings's endowment have come before, this episode was the first where I remember any to Behrs's contrast from Dennings in that department.

That's rather unlike, say, "Will & Grace," where Debra Messing's and Megan Mullally's breast sizes both were brought up regularly.
post #501 of 585
Yeah, Max threw a line "your A cup size bra" in there..
post #502 of 585
The numbers of people watching this year are falling fast....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2_Broke_Girls_episodes
post #503 of 585
The new waiter is pretty funny- he came out with a few good one-liners.
post #504 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

The new waiter is pretty funny- he came out with a few good one-liners.

I am not watching this year. Let me guess --- this likely couldn't BE any easier.... He is gay, right?
post #505 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

The numbers of people watching this year are falling fast....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2_Broke_Girls_episodes
Not really any faster than the previous seasons.
post #506 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

The new waiter is pretty funny- he came out with a few good one-liners.

I am not watching this year. Let me guess --- this likely couldn't BE any easier.... He is gay, right?
Yup, and the running gag is that he refuses to believe that Oleg is straight.
post #507 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

The new waiter is pretty funny- he came out with a few good one-liners.

 

Don't give them any ideas... next thing you know he and Sophie will be a spin-off! :) I bet if they only aired outtakes the ratings would be higher...

post #508 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

Don't give them any ideas... next thing you know he and Sophie will be a spin-off! smile.gif  I bet if they only aired outtakes the ratings would be higher...

I hope he and Sophie DO become a spinoff, that would get them off the show and the main show would be better!!

And yeah, what was with the whining like a sheep????
post #509 of 585
Because Max couldn't sleep so she did the sheep noises to make her sleepy? LOL
post #510 of 585
Did no one besides my wife and I watch this week? The show was really pretty funny, and quite risque. I can't believe they got away with the scene with the splattered furniture and walls . . . eek.gifbiggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "2 Broke Girls" on CBS HD