This worked for me!!! Basically just unplugging and waiting 30 seconds, then the receiver went into 'initializing mode' after plugging back in.
On the 'network' screen, it had some weird DHCP IP set (169.something). After unplugging, it was reset to 0.0.0.0, and then my network assigned it an IP.
Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Streaming tunes!
quote name="masterchief2007" url="/t/1361472/onkyo-tx-nr609-dhcp-problems#post_21991134"]Problem - Network stopped working.
My NR609 used to work and then we didnt use Pandora etc for some time. One day when I tried, it just wouldnt work. No errors, just a blank screen and a blank display on the receiver.
DId a lot of trouble shooting -
1. checked the Network wall jack by plugging in my laptop. worked fine. implied that my router was giving connections just fine.
2. Plugged the 609 back into the wall. Noted the MAC Address in the setup/Hardwar/Network option. checked the router admin page and connected clients list. The 609 Mac address was listed as one of the connected clients. That meant that the router was detecting the request for DHCP from the 609 and assigning an address (IP) to it. That meant that something was wrong inside the 609 itself.
3. Tried a firmware update via net. That also just froze, no errors, nothing.
4. Tried a firmware update via USB. It wouldnt recognise the USB stick. Once again, no errors or any "initializing.." display as suggested by Manual.
5. Then I realized that all this while I had been only doing a soft reboot by using the power off switch on the receiver which still kept the HDMI pass thru functioning. So that my TV would still receive the satellite signal even if the receiver was not in use.
6. So I powered off the receiver this time by unplugging the power source. Waited 30 seconds. PLugged it back in.
7. Plugged in the USB stick.
8. Powered on the 609.
9. Switched to USB source and this time... voila! I see the message "INitializing ... " and it detected the name of the USB stick.
10. THen I proceeded to apply the firmware update.
In hindsight, I think it was some indeterminate state in the software which was not getting reset on the receiver going to sleep when you press the power off button the remote. The complete shutdown, forced it to clear all memory and start from scratch, clearing the DHCP issue.
11. Most likely the firmware update didnt have anything to do with my issue as my net connection in 609 was working before the update.
All this was 2 days of frustration and tinkering around. Hope it saves someone else some time![/quote]